Front License Plate?

If I got a ticket I would tell the officer to stand with me and wave down every Tesla that doesn't have a license plate on the front and issue fines to all those drivers as well. It's should either be strictly enforced or not at all. You can't pick and choose who to fine and it's clear it's not strictly enforced in CA purely for the fact that 80%+ of Tesla's I see on the road don't have the front license plate installed
Half my town would be flagged. I rarely see them on Teslas as well as pretty much any luxury car out there. It's ridiculous.

If I got a ticket I would tell the officer to stand with me and wave down every Tesla that doesn't have a license plate on the front and issue fines to all those drivers as well. It's should either be strictly enforced or not at all. You can't pick and choose who to fine and it's clear it's not strictly enforced in CA purely for the fact that 80%+ of Tesla's I see on the road don't have the front license plate installed
Yeah, good luck with that strategy! I agree a lot of cars don't have front plates and as I said earlier, I drove all my Porsches without a front plate and only got the "fix-it" ticket one time while parked in a parking lot in Santa Barbara about 20 years ago. All of that said, I did go ahead and install the LPW on the front of the car. Its just not worth the hassle if/when I have to deal with it later.

Lucid Air.jpg

Yeah, good luck with that strategy! I agree a lot of cars don't have front plates and as I said earlier, I drove all my Porsches without a front plate and only got the "fix-it" ticket one time while parked in a parking lot in Santa Barbara about 20 years ago. All of that said, I did go ahead and install the LPW on the front of the car. Its just not worth the hassle if/when I have to deal with it later.

View attachment 1798
It honestly doesn't look that bad, much better than a mount

Just thought about this...could you replace the rear plate also?

Just thought about this...could you replace the rear plate also?
Ha Ha!! In any case, I need the actual rear plate and mount because I also have the "11-99 Foundation" license plate frame. But I agree, the LPW doesn't look bad at all and obviously doesn't affect the aerodynamics.

View attachment 1798
I'm guessing the LPW is stuck on top of the PPF?

I was going to have them install the front mount and I indicated that on the registration info form but I guess the DAs are so overwhelming told "no front plate" that he put that in the email detailing what was discussed. I took that as a cosmic indication that I should not put on the mount for the front plate. But I will probably do the LPW.

Yeah, this seems like the way I'm going to be going as well. The front end is gorgeous and I don't want to ruin it with a plate.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is that this car really turns heads. Whereas a cop may not give a Tesla a second glance, I'm not so sure I'd get the same level of...visual apathy,

I've been in San Diego for 7+ years driving with no front plate. Lucid has 3000 miles and counting.... You are way more likely to get pulled over for speeding in this car and the plate ticket will be an add on. Just look around at the number of cars with no front plate.

I've been in San Diego for 7+ years driving with no front plate. Lucid has 3000 miles and counting.... You are way more likely to get pulled over for speeding in this car and the plate ticket will be an add on. Just look around at the number of cars with no front plate.
I'm surprised no owner has reported a speeding ticket yet...

Been driving without front plate for 20yrs, been lucky. I even had couple of speeding tickets and thought the cop would just do me the front plate violations also but again been lucky. So I am keeping my faith on lady luck. Like others said the Teslas around are making no front plate the norm.

The truth is the lucid is so beautiful anything in the front just ruin the looks for me.

Been driving without front plate for 20yrs, been lucky. I even had couple of speeding tickets and thought the cop would just do me the front plate violations also but again been lucky. So I am keeping my faith on lady luck. Like others said the Teslas around are making no front plate the norm.

The truth is the lucid is so beautiful anything in the front just ruin the looks for me.
I agree. the front plate just ruins the look.

I agree. the front plate just ruins the look.
I do like the look without the front plate better but I do think it looks okay with the LPW. I know I will eventually get pulled over because I constantly find myself driving faster than necessary and more often "competing" with other fast cars that pull up alongside and want to go. So I need every break I can get and hopefully with the 11-99 Foundation on the rear and the "Honoring Veterans" and Army Logo on the front, perhaps the officer will cut me some slack. That is the primary reason I've put it on. Hopefully I'll learn to restrain myself and grow up soon but its just so hard with this car!!

I do plan on getting the license wrap when mine arrives. a wise man once told me to commit one crime at a time.

more seriously, i don't want a cop to pull me at the worst possible time (driving late to catch a flight etc. Murphy's law).

A Washington owner with front license plate wrap after which I had the front wrapped.
This posed somewhat a quandary as the front plate would need to be removed if I sold the vehicle. If the front wrap over the license wrap or if the license wrap removed and then the license plate wrap placed over the front wrap would still create a problem if vehicle were to be sold in removing the license plate without messing up front wrap. Problem solved by butting up front wrap to the license wrap. This worked out beautifully as the front wrap and license plate wrap seems same thickness with butt joint totally undetectable.

Back