Front License Plate?

I had the PPF put on my car first and the applied the license plate wrap on top of the PPF. If/when I have to remove it I believe using a hair dryer to heat it up somewhat will facilitate removing it without damaging the underlying PPF.

I hope you are correct. My concern was possibly the license plate would adhere to the wrap when removing.

I had the PPF put on my car first and the applied the license plate wrap on top of the PPF. If/when I have to remove it I believe using a hair dryer to heat it up somewhat will facilitate removing it without damaging the underlying PPF.
I removed my plate wrap, not legal in Texas, with just hot water and there is no damage to the PPF.

A Washington owner with front license plate wrap after which I had the front wrapped.
This posed somewhat a quandary as the front plate would need to be removed if I sold the vehicle. If the front wrap over the license wrap or if the license wrap removed and then the license plate wrap placed over the front wrap would still create a problem if vehicle were to be sold in removing the license plate without messing up front wrap. Problem solved by butting up front wrap to the license wrap. This worked out beautifully as the front wrap and license plate wrap seems same thickness with butt joint totally undetectable.
@Jeanwoodie - where did you get the front license plate wrap from? I’m in Seattle and expecting delivery in a couple of weeks, and this seems like a great solution!

I hope you are correct. My concern was possibly the license plate would adhere to the wrap when removing.
I should also point out that after my PPF was installed the entire car was treated with Ceramic Coating (FeynLab Heal Plus) and then a number of weeks later I put on the license plate wrap.

Hey all,

Do any of you have front-mounted license plates? I don't tend to see a lot of them.

CA Bay Area native (nowhere near SF, more South Bay), and I can't recall the last time I saw a Tesla with a front plate. Anyone have experience with this?
I seen more M3 and MY with front license plate than Model S. But then there are more M3 and My than MS.

That sound like planting evidence to me. 🤫
I don't believe that in California you can be pulled over for not having a front plate. However, if you are pulled over for another reason such as speeding or running a stop sign and you give the officer grief he/she can certainly tack on the lack of a front plate. Also, some cities (especially San Francisco) are notorious for the parking police ticketing cars for no front plate.

I don't believe that in California you can be pulled over for not having a front plate. However, if you are pulled over for another reason such as speeding or running a stop sign and you give the officer grief he/she can certainly tack on the lack of a front plate. Also, some cities (especially San Francisco) are notorious for the parking police ticketing cars for no front plate.
It’s a vehicle code violation so if they feel like it, they can pull you over. What they can’t do is stop you because you’re left handed then cite you for not having a plate (no probable cause for the stop). I got the wrap because a friend was pulled over in Podunk, CA for no front plate.

Someone posted this on Twitter. Colorado front license plate of a dream edition performance: 1100 HP. is this yours @joec ?
IMG_4446.jpeg

Someone posted this on Twitter. Colorado front license plate of a dream edition performance: 1100 HP. is this yours @joec ?
View attachment 16972
No. My Air is in the Denver airport parking garage right now, coincidentally. Only a few rows from there, as a matter of fact. But my car is a white Touring. Not a DE.

I remember one time when I took my car in for service, there was a Eureka DE parked there that was being worked on. So I knew there was at least one gold DE in the area. My guess is this is the same car.

Joe has a white touring, so no. And whoever did that license plate application needs to be beheaded by Peter Rawlinson!
Beheaded for putting on the FRONT or because 1100 is inaccurate? :eek:

No. My Air is in the Denver airport parking garage right now, coincidentally. Only a few rows from there, as a matter of fact. But my car is a white Touring. Not a DE.

I remember one time when I took my car in for service, there was a Eureka DE parked there that was being worked on. So I knew there was at least one gold DE in the area. My guess is this is the same car.
C'mon man... you da Colorado man! You gotta know who everyone is who has a DE in DEnver! ;)

Both, and the fact that the license plate is mounted so high up! If you have to, just put it lower… when I see it on the lucid or a tesla it looks like it sprouted a moustache.
Yeah, they clearly mounted that before Lucid made the handy 3D-printed template that they used to assure mine was put on straight and centered.

Back