Front mounted license plate location? California requirement?

I chose not to mount mine, and this will require you to sign a waiver in CA. I ordered a sticker in order to satisfy the requirement.

CA is not super strict about the plate requirement. We see a lot of cars on the road that have skipped it.
You are always at risk of a ticket without it, however.

for reference: We have had our Taycan for well over a year without a front plate, and never put a front plate on our Model 3 that we had for about a year and a half.

Yeah, I've been driving Teslas without front plates in WA since 2013, and the only ticket we ever received was when my wife got pulled over for something else. Definitely worth it!

I have been driving without a plate since 2007. Only the meter maids in downtown Portland Oregon give tickets. Cops don't care. Once I was pulled over for something unrelated. Cop gave me a warning and still did not give ticket for no front license plate

I received my wrap and will install it next month after the ppf gets put on

There are so many Tesla’s driving around without front license plates in CA I think I’m going to wing it this time around. If I get pulled over then this wrap link is a good idea. Thanks for sharing.

Audi mounted mine to the front when I got the vehicle and the placement of it was wrong. It interferes with the front camera. Wasn’t the dealers fault as they put it where it’s supposed to go, just poor design from Audi hence why this time around I’ll try my luck on the Lucid with it off.

I told my DA not to install the license plate bracket in front. However, I did tell him to put it in the frunk and if I do get a ticket I will either go by the Service center and have them install the bracket or do what Hydbob did and get the license wrap. I see cars all around in Orange County without a front license plate. I’ll fit right in!

I told them today am still undecided. I don’t have a front plate (I’m in NY) on my 911 Turbo S—I used a bracket. Does anyone know if you can do wraps in NY? Are there brackets we can use?

Back