Touring - roof = Pure +AWD?

Sheena

Verified Owner
Cars
touring or pure
I realize the pricing of options/configurations for the pure and touring are still a ways off, but ideally I would like a pure with AWD, solid metal roof. I wonder how close that will be to a touring minus the panoramic roof?
The only difference might be the leather interior in the touring? I never liked sun roofs much and in many cars those without the sunroof handle better than the exact same model with a roof.
Like everybody else, I would like to get my vehicle ASAP, so the touring minus sunroof might be the fastest option.

I realize the pricing of options/configurations for the pure and touring are still a ways off, but ideally I would like a pure with AWD, solid metal roof. I wonder how close that will be to a touring minus the panoramic roof?
The only difference might be the leather interior in the touring? I never liked sun roofs much and in many cars those without the sunroof handle better than the exact same model with a roof.
Like everybody else, I would like to get my vehicle ASAP, so the touring minus sunroof might be the fastest option.

With the Touring, the glass canopy is an optional upgrade so you're getting the Pure with a second motor for AWD and the other options available

The biggest standard different is the extra motor and the non-fake leather. Outside of that, it's a Pure (same milage, etc). The biggest advantage is that you get your car sooner (hopefully 2022).

I mean, the leather is REALLY nice..

I mean, the leather is REALLY nice..
I wonder how the "Nappa full-grain" leather (DE/GT) compares to "Premium Natural grain" (Touring/Pure) in how it feels in the car.

I haven't confirmed this but I was told by another member here that you only get the cooling seats with the non-fake leather, which would make that feature Touring+ also. Living in Chicago, not sure I will need that feature much.

I wonder how the "Nappa full-grain" leather (DE/GT) compares to "Premium Natural grain" (Touring/Pure) in how it feels in the car.

I was told the Nappa is used in other sportscars whereas the Natural is just plain leather.

I haven't confirmed this but I was told by another member here that you only get the cooling seats with the non-fake leather, which would make that feature Touring+ also. Living in Chicago, not sure I will need that feature much.

I was told the Nappa is used in other sportscars whereas the Natural is just plain leather.
Supposedly the leather is the same leather they use in Aston Martin...

I just upgraded my reservation from Pure to Touring hoping to get my car this year. I ordered Jan 22 2022 though so that doesn't do me any favors.

Nice find!

Crafting our leather for some of the world’s iconic brands, such as Aston Martin, Ford Lincoln, Jaguar Land Rover, Lotus, Lucid, McLaren, Polestar, Volkswagen and Volvo,

So do we think the Touring will eventually be able to be ordered without the glass canopy roof?
The current list price is $95,000, with the optional glass roof selected (I can't deselect it)
That implies the price may drop some with the metal roof?
I also wonder if cars without the sunroof will be quieter, maybe more headroom, and handle a tad better.

So do we think the Touring will eventually be able to be ordered without the glass canopy roof?
The current list price is $95,000, with the optional glass roof selected (I can't deselect it)
I also wonder if cars without the sunroof will be quieter, maybe more headroom, and handle a tad better.
It looks to me like the glass canopy roof is an option over and above the $95k, but it is unclear.

I'm not sure about handling, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest it might be quieter and have more headroom with the metal roof. I've thought that all along as it's often true with other cars.

I'm not sure about handling, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest it might be quieter and have more headroom with the metal roof. I've thought that all along as it's often true with other cars.
Doubtful that you would have more headroom. The metal roof would have to have a headliner and the supporting structure for the cloth, certainly thicker than a piece of glass. Yes Lucid May engineer out the center bar with the metal roof but that does not impact the front or rear headroom

$95k is the base price without options. It could be Lucid doesn't allow the glass canopy to be unselected for simplicity of display in the configurator. When you are asked to finalize your configuration, you will be given the opportunity to add/subtract any options. I don't think handling will improve because the Air was designed with the glass canopy as standard rather than as an option so structural rigidity was built in. The two advantages I can think of for a metal roof are acoustic and solar rejection. Slightly less outside noise infiltration and less interior sound being bounced off the glass. The headliner should act as a sound absorber creating less reflected sound so surreal sound should be perceived a little better.

We don't know what the $18k difference in price between the T and P entails. The only three I'm been made aware of are dual vs single motor, leather vs Purluxe, and lack of cooling front seats in P. Does that add up to 18k?

We don't know what the $18k difference in price between the T and P entails. The only three I'm been made aware of are dual vs single motor, leather vs Purluxe, and lack of cooling front seats in P. Does that add up to 18k?
To take it one step further, you have three interior color options with the non-Purluxe version, 20" wheels are standard (with a different wheel option available for Touring), and your car arrives sooner. Outside of those few additions, not much is different. Is that worth $18,000? I don't think so, but I did it to hopefully get the car this year.

If the timing of your purchase is unimportant, then reserving a Pure seems to be the best choice. When it comes time to confirm, you will have all the information available. Options, pricing, Pure with upgrades vs T vs GT. At that time, you can always upgrade to a T if the math works out or stay with the P with the dual motor upgrade. Lucid hasn't specified what the total output of the P dual motor will be...has to be between 480 and 620. You'll also be giving Lucid a few more months to work on their software before taking delivery.

I originally reserved a P. Living in SoCal, AWD isn't important to me and 480 HP is plenty (for me). What pushed me to change to a T is I didn't like the way the configurator made the headliner look where it followed the contours of the roof. Looks fine with the glass canopy. Plus, I wanted the cooling ventilated front seats - I've only seen one reviewer comment on it but they said it was effective compared to most that they have experienced. I don't mind that massage is removed from T and P trims.

If getting the car ASAP is important, then reserving the T is the sensible choice. The one factor I'm wondering about is whether Lucid will produce T with glass canopy option then go to the metal roof which would make transitioning to the P easier. Also have to wonder when they will start producing multiple trims at the same time.

Does anyone else feel like Lucid is going to need to further separate the lines in terms of price? One of the reasons I went ahead and reserved now versus letting them have another year is that it feels like the AGT is priced in a odd place. You have the DE (understand the premium price due to the limited edition aspect and +HP), and then you have one around $100k and one around $80. Both of those ranges make sense to me. But the AGT at $139 feels either too high or too low. I was looking at a Range Rover (completely different car I know) prior. From a luxury standpoint they seem similar, but the Westminster clocks in between $115-$125 with common upgrades. I'm just thinking that they'll raise the AGT price, maybe add a few more HP or a couple other options and make it feel like the car for those who missed out on the DE. Factor in chip shortage and a likely realization that it's going to cost more on overhead than they were thinking in service and support, it just feels like the price on it will have to go higher.

Back