What are the exact differences between the Pure and Touring trims?

codys21

Verified Owner
I am wondering the exact differences between the two trims. Here are some things I know for sure:
Touring has:
  • More power
  • Power frunk
  • 19" and 20" wheels are no extra charge (as opposed to extra charge for 20" on Pure)
  • 21" wheels available
  • Santa Cruz and Tahoe interiors are free options
  • Glass roof available
  • Stealth available
I am curious what else is different. Things like:
  • Do they both have heated steering wheels or just Touring?
  • Does Touring have ventilated seats? I know Pure does not
  • How about massage seats?
  • Soft close doors?
  • Rear side and rear window shades?
  • I think I saw something about 4-zone climate control instead of 3
  • Also maybe heated rear seats?
  • Anything else?

Do they both have heated steering wheels or just Touring?
  • Does Touring have ventilated seats? I know Pure does not
  • How about massage seats?
  • Soft close doors?
  • Rear side and rear window shades?
  • I think I saw something about 4-zone climate control instead of 3
  • Also maybe heated rear seats?
  • Anything else?
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Pure has heated rear seats

And I think you pretty much nailed it other than that! There is also slightly more 19 inch range on the touring(425 vs 410).

Well covered as far as options .. Just a note on drivetrains... There is still some dwindling inventory of 2023 Pure cars with AWD available,, but all Pure models for 2024 will be RWD. From a performance viewpoint the AWD are a bit closer to Touring than the RWD version..

Well covered as far as options .. Just a note on drivetrains... There is still some dwindling inventory of 2023 Pure cars with AWD available,, but all Pure models for 2024 will be RWD. From a performance viewpoint the AWD are a bit closer to Touring than the RWD version..
Since you have a Pure, can you confirm if it has a heated steering wheel?

Since you have a Pure, can you confirm if it has a heated steering wheel?
It does have heated steering wheel.

• Do they both have heated steering wheels or just Touring? Yes
  • Does Touring have ventilated seats? I know Pure does not. I think Yes on Touring. 2023 Pure AWD no.
  • How about massage seats? No for both
  • Soft close doors? Yes for Touring, No for Pure.
  • Rear side and rear window shades? Yes for Touring, No for Pure.
  • I think I saw something about 4-zone climate control instead of 3. 4 zone for Touring. 3 zone for Pure.
  • Also maybe heated rear seats? Both have rear heated seats.
  • Anything else? I think Pure only comes with white ambient light where Touring you can change color.
For 2024 Pure most of the options above can be ordered ala carte but they will come with RWD drivetrain only. Also the price would come close to Touring anyway.

Right now it appears that 2022 AGT are the best deals available if you can find one and paying cash/loan and not leasing.

FWIW... I have now had 2 weeks of experience with a GT loaner after two months with my Air Pure AWD, so have a good base of comparison of Air features... The leather, glass roof, soft close doors, massage seats, seat coolers, etc. are really nice, but I can live without them.. I am not a big fan of the glass roof because I am in hot area, and would have preferred an operable sunroof to the fixed glass greenhouse.... I am also somewhat surprised that I prefer the softness of the PurLux alternative leather to the natural hides, but really wish my Pure had massage and added thigh extension.. The thing I like most about my GT loaner over my own Pure is the surround camera, especially in my urban driving situation. It makes parking and maneuvering so much easier.. Of course, the GT also a thrill ride in Sprint mode, but my AWD Pure feels pretty fast..

If I was re-ordering my car, I would have gotten Air Pure AWD with Dream Drive Premium, but since no more Air Pure AWD by order, I would probably make more sense to get Touring with the added trim, and significant 1 second faster 0-60 acceleration over the Pure RWD. That said, right now you can still grab a 2023 Pure AWD with DDPremium, so think that would be my hot ticket at the current deal point. Sorry for the ramble, but wanted to share my impressions if you are making decisions...

Last edited:
FWIW... I have now had 2 weeks of experience with a GT loaner after two months with my Air Pure AWD, so have a good base of comparison of Air features... The leather, glass roof, soft close doors, massage seats, seat coolers, etc. are really nice, but I can live without them.. I am not a big fan of the glass roof because I am in hot area, and would have preferred an operable sunroof to the fixed glass greenhouse.... I am also somewhat surprised that I prefer the softness of the PurLux alternative leather to the natural hides, but really wish my Pure had massage and added thigh extension.. The thing I like most about my GT loaner over my own Pure is the surround camera, especially in my urban driving situation. It makes parking and maneuvering so much easier.. Of course, the GT also a thrill ride in Sprint mode, but my AWD Pure feels pretty fast..

If I was re-ordering my car, I would have gotten Air Pure AWD with Dream Drive Premium, but since no more Air Pure AWD by order, I would probably make more sense to get Touring with the added trim, and significant 1 second faster 0-60 acceleration over the Pure RWD. That said, right now you can still grab a 2023 Pure AWD with DDPremium, so think that would be my hot ticket at the current deal point. Sorry for the ramble, but wanted to share my impressions if you are making decisions...
Don't worry about the ramble; this was insightful. I, too, am not interested in the glass roof and would have preferred an operable sunroof. Plus, the placement of the visor is poor. It should have been like the Model X and off to the side, but as it is, it kind of ruins the feel from the front seat. I agree that, in general, alternative leather is better than natural (with alcantara being superior imo).

It's too bad they are no longer producing AWD Pure, and it seems the inventory for those are dwindling quickly. I just wish what was available in the current inventory is actually what I want. If I'm paying this much for a car, I want to spec it how I want and not just take what they have on hand.

Don't worry about the ramble; this was insightful. I, too, am not interested in the glass roof and would have preferred an operable sunroof. Plus, the placement of the visor is poor. It should have been like the Model X and off to the side, but as it is, it kind of ruins the feel from the front seat. I agree that, in general, alternative leather is better than natural (with alcantara being superior imo).
It's easy enough to get the visors mostly out of the way. Pivot then to the side windows. Pull them toward the back, exposing as much of the metal rod as possible. Fold them inwards and upwards toward the roof, so they are above the side windows, blocking little of the actual glass. That keeps them as much as possible outside of the line of vision and doesn't block the side window either. It would have been nice if Lucid had made it so that the metal rod could be pivoted up slightly, which would have allowed the visors to be just about completely out of the way.

Back