Touring - roof = Pure +AWD?

Does anyone else feel like Lucid is going to need to further separate the lines in terms of price? One of the reasons I went ahead and reserved now versus letting them have another year is that it feels like the AGT is priced in a odd place. You have the DE (understand the premium price due to the limited edition aspect and +HP), and then you have one around $100k and one around $80. Both of those ranges make sense to me. But the AGT at $139 feels either too high or too low. I was looking at a Range Rover (completely different car I know) prior. From a luxury standpoint they seem similar, but the Westminster clocks in between $115-$125 with common upgrades. I'm just thinking that they'll raise the AGT price, maybe add a few more HP or a couple other options and make it feel like the car for those who missed out on the DE. Factor in chip shortage and a likely realization that it's going to cost more on overhead than they were thinking in service and support, it just feels like the price on it will have to go higher.
I think they will raise the AGT price but add nothing more once option prices come out for the Touring and Pure. The price of adding all the touring options will be close to the price of the AGT today. All due to the price of everything increasing.

I think the diff between GT and T is too high - $44k. It's hard to really know since Lucid hides what differences exist outside of the simple configuration on their website. Looking at other manufacturers, the differences could cost somewhere around:
2 battery modules: $6k (Ford charges $6k to go from 70 to 91 KWh)
More powerful motor: Is this simply software controlled or is there a material difference? I'll be generous and say $3k
Surreal Sound: $7k (MB/Porsche upcharge for Premium Burmeister surround sound)
DD Pro: This is tough to value because Lucid has stated they are only going to provide L3 so it will be on par with Ford/GM/Hyundai systems. I'll put them between those and Tesla: $8k
Glass Canopy: $3k (Tesla MX windshield replacement is $1.5k). We should subtract cost of standard windshield but don't know cost.
Nappa leather + Alcantara vs Premium leather no Alcantara: $5k (Porsche)
Massage function: $1.5k (Porsche)

This adds up to $33.5k. Where's the other $10.5k in upgrades over the T? Based on the cost of the MX windshield, I'll be very disappointed if the T option for the glass canopy is much higher than $3k. Based on what other manufacturers are charging, a fully optioned T will be 95 + 18 = $113. Of course, we are comparing Tesla volume price from manufacturer vs small volume price for Lucid so the glass canopy could be double what I'm guessing and I already doubled the MX replacement cost. This would be true of all the items I've listed even though replacement cost is always higher than the cost included in the finished vehicle.

I think once the 3rd model comes out, they will raise the prices of all trim levels. Lucid will need to price differentiate between the top trim of the 3rd model and bottom of the Air. Inflation and supply issues will also figure into price increases.

I think the diff between GT and T is too high - $44k. It's hard to really know since Lucid hides what differences exist outside of the simple configuration on their website. Looking at other manufacturers, the differences could cost somewhere around:
More powerful motor: Is this simply software controlled or is there a material difference? I'll be generous and say $3k
DD Pro: This is tough to value because Lucid has stated they are only going to provide L3 so it will be on par with Ford/GM/Hyundai systems. I'll put them between those and Tesla: $8k
Glass Canopy: $3k (Tesla MX windshield replacement is $1.5k). We should subtract cost of standard windshield but don't know cost.

The massage function hasn't been marketed as an add-on fee, as its part of the pre-existing UI in the studios. I would be disappointed if they charge for it now. Everything else makes sense, I'm guessing DreamDrive Pro will be $10k+ addon fee.

This adds up to $33.5k. Where's the other $10.5k in upgrades over the T? Based on the cost of the MX windshield, I'll be very disappointed if the T option for the glass canopy is much higher than $3k. Based on what other manufacturers are charging, a fully optioned T will be 95 + 18 = $113. Of course, we are comparing Tesla volume price from manufacturer vs small volume price for Lucid so the glass canopy could be double what I'm guessing and I already doubled the MX replacement cost. This would be true of all the items I've listed even though replacement cost is always higher than the cost included in the finished vehicle.

I think once the 3rd model comes out, they will raise the prices of all trim levels. Lucid will need to price differentiate between the top trim of the 3rd model and bottom of the Air. Inflation and supply issues will also figure into price increases.

The Lucid windshield has *much* better tinting and heat rejection than the Tesla windshields/roofs, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it cost more.

I would be disappointed if they charge for it now. Everything else makes sense, I'm guessing DreamDrive Pro will be $10k+ addon fee.
The studio associate stated massage wouldn't be offered in T and P trims - I just assigned it a value to account for the feature in the price diff between GT and T. I wouldn't be surprised at DD Pro being $10k+. It's just the value of a L3 system shouldn't be much higher than what GM/Ford/Hyundai are charging. Tesla marketing a future L5 system and charging $12k for what in reality is currently a L3 system shouldn't allow Lucid to charge $10k for what Lucid says will be limited to L3 (statements by Peter and Eugene Lee). GM and Ford don't charge much for Supercruise and Bluecruise which are their L3 implementations. Looking at Lucid's stated objective for DD Pro, $10k+ isn't justified - but that doesn't mean they won't charge that much.

The studio associate stated massage wouldn't be offered in T and P trims - I just assigned it a value to account for the feature in the price diff between GT and T. I wouldn't be surprised at DD Pro being $10k+. It's just the value of a L3 system shouldn't be much higher than what GM/Ford/Hyundai are charging. Tesla marketing a future L5 system and charging $12k for what in reality is currently a L3 system shouldn't allow Lucid to charge $10k for what Lucid says will be limited to L3 (statements by Peter and Eugene Lee). GM and Ford don't charge much for Supercruise and Bluecruise which are their L3 implementations. Looking at Lucid's stated objective for DD Pro, $10k+ isn't justified - but that doesn't mean they won't charge that much.

Interesting. I was told at Oak Brook that massage seats were T and up, one of us were told the wrong thing in order for them to make the sale. I would be surprised if massage seats were exclusive to GT and not offered at least as an option for the T.

Doesn’t the GT also have different wheels as standard? And I believe the paint options are included in GT, but all colors beyond white/black are additional cost for the Touring

Doesn’t the GT also have different wheels as standard? And I believe the paint options are included in GT, but all colors beyond white/black are additional cost for the Touring

21" wheels are standard, but I imagine most other options will be available at no upgrade cost.

Standard on the GT … but @SDHacker was listing the differences between the Touring and GT.
I didn’t think the Touring had 21” wheels as standard
Touring has the 20” wheels standard.

Standard on the GT … but @SDHacker was listing the differences between the Touring and GT.
I didn’t think the Touring had 21” wheels as standard
What I was doing is trying to list out differences that would create a cost differential between T and GT. I worked on the assumption that the wheel choices would be a no cost option but now that I think about it, for the DE and GT coming with 21's, the smaller wheels are lower cost so they would be free while the T might have a surcharge to upgrade to the 21's from the 20.

I think the assumption of 3k for an extra 120hp to go from a T to GT is not generous but low. Going by my experience with upgrading my old P85D model S from insane mode to Ludicrous consisted of swapping out a main fuse and a software update which ran 5k back in 2015 dollars. This was roughly 150 hp if I remember. Horse power is a premium commodity and will cost you even if it’s mostly software. I would peg that 8k minimum in differentiating between aT and GT. So you see the little things do add up. Plus you will never be able to “option up “ to a GT level. The exclusivity factor has some cache as well and it’s tough to put a price on that.

Back