Should I get metal roof and also DDPro?

So, considering a 2024 Touring to replace my crushed Pure AWD. Few questions for the group…

1. Is the roof on the Cosmos Silver the aluminum look or body colored? Not a fan of the aluminum look.

2. Worth opting for DreamDrive at this point?

3. Is the 2025 model worth getting over the 2024? I have heard about faster computers and heat pumps that extend range on the 2025 models and wondering if that’s the case?

Michael.

I have Cosmos Silver + Glass Canopy/Platinum.
1. Cosmos Silver looks more of a gun-metallic in real life. Maybe it's the brighter/whiter platinum that makes the body color display "warmer".
2. I have DDP.. "Hoping" they'll do more in the future. (I personally like high-tech stuff)
3. I'd say 2025 better process ECU + heat pump would have a better GUI/range experiences... also other interior issues from the early models would be non-existent,

Back in March when rained (cloudy)
1722310053504.png

Out in the sun (San Diego Lucid Studio Westfield parking lot )
1722310216358.png

(Video Capture) Random Lucid Cosmos Silver out in the wild (San Diego, CA Freeway on rainy cloudy day)
1722310620707.png

I would love to, but I think I’d get banned due to 70 percent of this forum being offended. 😉🤣
It's all a matter of perspective. When I was your age, I remember thinking 30 was old and 50 was ancient. I definitely wouldn't say the same now.

Ah ok! Like xponents said, then you're all good. Although, I really do like the glass canopy! It gets hotter, but I think it's worth the trade off. It's been an impressive feature to anyone I've had ride in or see the car.
Same. I actually love the full “old man” spec. Glass roof and aluminum trim. So distinctive!
I did discover that in warmer, sunnier climates, the shades are a necessity. Makes a huge difference in cabin temp if the car sits outside for any length of time.

. . . other interior issues from the early models would be non-existent.

I'm a bit perplexed by all the talk about interior issues from early models. I know, for example, "Savage Geese" used it as an anchor point for his recent video on how the Air has evolved since start of production.

I took delivery of Dream Edition No. 154 on the last day of 2021. When it was totaled in an accident over a year later, I replaced it with a used Dream Edition No. 395, built in April 2022. I understand that the Dream Editions used more hand assembly than later production models, so maybe that was a factor, but both cars had almost no issues with interior quality. The materials were superb (and have held up very well). The fit and finish was excellent (miles ahead of the Tesla Model S Plaid we bought in August 2021). The only interior issue I had was with the flimsiness and poor alignment of the toggle switches for A/C temp and fan speed -- an issue which persisted even after Lucid replaced the switch panel with a later-production one.

This is not to say these early cars did not have problems but, at least in my two cases, they were not with the interior.

The trunk lids of the early cars had alignment issues, leaving uneven panel gaps and sometimes rubbing against the bumper. This was traced to a manufacturing defect with the curing process of the composite used for the lid and was corrected later in the run.

The weather strip at the top of the trunk lid came loose on many early cars. (It did not recur with our second Dream Edition.)

The frunk lid did not always grab or release and required adjustment.

The paint on the illuminated "LUCID" log on the front of the car chipped off easily (again, an issue which has not developed on our second Dream Edition.)

Then there were the recalls for tow hooks, cooling lines, damper mounts . . . and some number of HV battery replacements.

Then, of course, there was ten months of absolute software hell with UX 1.0. It would take a novel to recount all those issues. But the introduction of UX 2.0 in October 2022 and its progeny of updates has moved our early Lucid ahead of our Model S in terms of total control suite convenience (the combination of screen and manual controls).

But -- and this is what made all the difference and has left me a die-hard Lucid fan -- Lucid was all over every one of these problems, and promptly. As time has passed, the once-frequent flow of service calls has all but dried up. Our Honda minivan and our Tesla now both see the shop more often than our Lucid.

Today I am driving an early-production, almost problem-free Lucid from which I expect more years of exhilarating driving. By 10,000 miles our Model S Plaid had developed squeaks and groans. The Lucid, at well over double that mileage, remains as quiet and rock solid as the day we took delivery . . . and the interior looks as if that delivery day was yesterday.

I'm a bit perplexed by all the talk about interior issues from early models. I know, for example, "Savage Geese" used it as an anchor point for his recent video on how the Air has evolved since start of production.

I took delivery of Dream Edition No. 154 on the last day of 2021. When it was totaled in an accident over a year later, I replaced it with a used Dream Edition No. 395, built in April 2022. I understand that the Dream Editions used more hand assembly than later production models, so maybe that was a factor, but both cars had almost no issues with interior quality. The materials were superb (and have held up very well). The fit and finish was excellent (miles ahead of the Tesla Model S Plaid we bought in August 2021). The only interior issue I had was with the flimsiness and poor alignment of the toggle switches for A/C temp and fan speed -- an issue which persisted even after Lucid replaced the switch panel with a later-production one.

This is not to say these early cars did not have problems but, at least in my two cases, they were not with the interior.

The trunk lids of the early cars had alignment issues, leaving uneven panel gaps and sometimes rubbing against the bumper. This was traced to a manufacturing defect with the curing process of the composite used for the lid and was corrected later in the run.

The weather strip at the top of the trunk lid came loose on many early cars. (It did not recur with our second Dream Edition.)

The frunk lid did not always grab or release and required adjustment.

The paint on the illuminated "LUCID" log on the front of the car chipped off easily (again, an issue which has not developed on our second Dream Edition.)

Then there were the recalls for tow hooks, cooling lines, damper mounts . . . and some number of HV battery replacements.

Then, of course, there was ten months of absolute software hell with UX 1.0. It would take a novel to recount all those issues. But the introduction of UX 2.0 in October 2022 and its progeny of updates has moved our early Lucid ahead of our Model S in terms of total control suite convenience (the combination of screen and manual controls).

But -- and this is what made all the difference and has left me a die-hard Lucid fan -- Lucid was all over every one of these problems, and promptly. As time has passed, the once-frequent flow of service calls has all but dried up. Our Honda minivan and our Tesla now both see the shop more often than our Lucid.

Today I am driving an early-production, almost problem-free Lucid from which I expect more years of exhilarating driving. By 10,000 miles our Model S Plaid had developed squeaks and groans. The Lucid, at well over double that mileage, remains as quiet and rock solid as the day we took delivery . . . and the interior looks as if that delivery day was yesterday.
My car is one of the early Tourings, built late in 2022. My build quality has been excellent.

I think some reviewers (and a few customers) got some bad ones early on and that immediately became the mantra. Thanks to Tesla’s reputation for poor build quality, reviewers just lumped Lucid in with them and called it a day.

Nice to see that turning around, though. I feel like the most recent reviews coming out are finally giving people a more realistic look at what it’s like drive and own this car.

It's $2,500 compared to the $10,000 it used to be so it's probably a no brainer to get it at this point even though nothing has changed with it since your last car

I would opt for the 2025 purely for the things you highlighted
Apparently older models will be able to get the chip upgrade if desired. I’m gonna ask Lucid directly and see if that’s the case.

Has anyone heard of a hard date for Tesla Supercharger use by Lucid owners? That was one of the pluses of the Rivian as it will really help get rid of charging issues.

Has anyone heard of a hard date for Tesla Supercharger use by Lucid owners? That was one of the pluses of the Rivian as it will really help get rid of charging issues.
No. And Air will continue to be limited to 50kW at all but V4 superchargers, which don't exist yet. Other networks are picking up though, I'm honestly not sure if most people will care by the time Lucid Supercharger approval does roll out.

It's all a matter of perspective. When I was your age, I remember thinking 30 was old and 50 was ancient. I definitely wouldn't say the same now.

When my wife and I were dating in our early twenties, her mother was going to come to Arizona for a visit. We wanted to show her around the state, and had long conversations about whether or not she would be up to getting around various places like Tombstone or the Grand Canyon. Years later, we revisited the photos we took. At the time of that trip, she was a very fit 50 year old. God! We acted like she was older than dirt!!!

Same. I actually love the full “old man” spec. Glass roof and aluminum trim. So distinctive!
I feel attacked :p

I understand that the Dream Editions used more hand assembly than later production models, so maybe that was a factor
It was. The DEs were looked over more carefully than early GTs, and it took some extra time to get the automated manufacturing process perfect. They did, of course, but it took a bit of time. Wasn’t as much an issue with the DEs since those were all hand-finished. That said, DEs had plenty of their own issues, mainly just due to inconsistent parts. It was kinda the testbed / guinea pig for a lot of things, if I had to guess, heh.

The only interior issue I had was with the flimsiness and poor alignment of the toggle switches for A/C temp and fan speed -- an issue which persisted even after Lucid replaced the switch panel with a later-production one.
Funny, I’ve heard other people mention this but I haven’t had this issue ever.

Apparently older models will be able to get the chip upgrade if desired. I’m gonna ask Lucid directly and see if that’s the case.
Not yet. Others have asked and all been told that there is no announced plan for that yet. There may be, and Lucid isn’t saying “no,” but they have not announced anything yet.

If it does happen, SavageGeese would have accidentally let the cat out of the bag a little early there, that’s all.

I feel attacked :p

It was. The DEs were looked over more carefully than early GTs, and it took some extra time to get the automated manufacturing process perfect. They did, of course, but it took a bit of time. Wasn’t as much an issue with the DEs since those were all hand-finished. That said, DEs had plenty of their own issues, mainly just due to inconsistent parts. It was kinda the testbed / guinea pig for a lot of things, if I had to guess, heh.

Funny, I’ve heard other people mention this but I haven’t had this issue ever.

Not yet. Others have asked and all been told that there is no announced plan for that yet. There may be, and Lucid isn’t saying “no,” but they have not announced anything yet.

If it does happen, SavageGeese would have accidentally let the cat out of the bag a little early there, that’s all.
Hahaha! Older and wiser.

Back