Air GT Driving Impressions (both 19” and 21” wheels)

That is very disappointing. My $30k Leaf can do all of that including lane keeping and Has been able to for the past 4 years. Perhaps when I finally get the car, they will have this together. It would be fine if I had received the car in Feb/Mar as promised. However, since they have delayed my delivery for an extra 4-6 months, I will be much less tolerant of deficiencies that the extra time should have solved.
So you’ve said before and I can understand some hesitance. These things take time to build from the ground up, and even Nissan took time to make it. If absolute feature parity is that critical then a car from a startup may not be right for you.

So you’ve said before and I can understand some hesitance. These things take time to build from the ground up, and even Nissan took time to make it. If absolute feature parity is that critical then a car from a startup may not be right for you.
It was not critical when ordering or within the stated delivery window back in Feb/Mar. I am very understanding of Lucid being a start-up and was very excited to be an early reservation holder. Would not bother me at all to have features come online over time. However, with the extended production delays, the lack of updates and when they do, providing no honest, forthcoming communication, my patience has worn thin. Still want the car as I believe in it, but have completely lost faith in the management of the company. Seeing people receive their cars who reserved 9-12 months after me and confirmed 2-3 months later than me is just salt in the would. So yes, my tolerance for shortcomings is waning. Sorry for the rant…..

I don’t classify lane keeping as ACC on the lucid since that feature has been clearly earmarked for so-called ‘highway assist’ which allegedly is an upcoming and much anticipated feature. Agree that it would be a huge and welcome upgrade especially if it works as perfectly as the existing ACC.

To me, the lucid ACC is supposed to smoothly and automatically maintain speed, vehicle separation, acceleration, deceleration, stopping and starting under all types of expected or unexpected traffic conditions and in those regards so far it’s performed nearly perfectly for me. The only thing that isn’t fully automated is re-starting from a complete 0 mi/h stop - but this is easily accomplished by the push of a button, so nearly the same thing.

Btw, has anyone tried to set ACC speed via Alexa voice command? It just occurred to me that I haven’t tried that but it would be great if that’s possible and reliable.

I think it is crazy to get a daily driver with tires with less than a 45 aspect ratio. The 19’s are 245/45/19. You do not see the wheels of your car when you are driving your car!!!

There will be a big impact on your driving experience based on tire pressure. The 19’s (or any tire) will ride very differently if you take 3-4 psi out. Less efficiency due to more rolling resistance but a much more compliant ride. It’s just physics.

I think it is crazy to get a daily driver with tires with less than a 45 aspect ratio. The 19’s are 245/45/19. You do not see the wheels of your car when you are driving your car!!!

There will be a big impact on your driving experience based on tire pressure. The 19’s (or any tire) will ride very differently if you take 3-4 psi out. Less efficiency due to more rolling resistance but a much more compliant ride. It’s just physics.
I drive to look cool not to actually be efficient...

It was not critical when ordering or within the stated delivery window back in Feb/Mar. I am very understanding of Lucid being a start-up and was very excited to be an early reservation holder. Would not bother me at all to have features come online over time. However, with the extended production delays, the lack of updates and when they do, providing no honest, forthcoming communication, my patience has worn thin. Still want the car as I believe in it, but have completely lost faith in the management of the company. Seeing people receive their cars who reserved 9-12 months after me and confirmed 2-3 months later than me is just salt in the would. So yes, my tolerance for shortcomings is waning. Sorry for the rant…..
What is the status of your vehicle?

Back