2024 Massage Seats Pure/Touring & Leather Interior???

CoasterNerd

Cars
2024 AGT On Order
First of all, it's beyond frustrating that there is no complete list of all standard and optional features/equipment at each trim level on Lucid's website. I can look through brochures for cars from 50 years ago and see clearly see what features and packages are standard and optional at each trim level. But here we are in 2023 and we're supposed to order six figure luxury cars online without a complete list of what the hell it comes with? I really do not want to order car and assume it comes with a particular feature only to find out upon delivery that it doesn't.

My specific question is this:

At the Pure or Touring trim levels, it appears that it's possible to configure the interior in the following ways:
  1. Mojave PurLux with 12-way heated seats (standard)
  2. Mojave PurLux with 20-way heated, ventilated, and massaging seats (optional)
  3. Leather with 14 way-heated and ventilated seats (optional)
There is no mention of the massaging function with the 14 way leather seats. I find this confusing. Is the only way to get massaging seats in the Pure or Touring trim to get the standard PurLux leather alternative with the 20-way seat option? Is it really not possible to get massaging seats with the optional leather interior in the Pure or Touring trim?

First of all, it's beyond frustrating that there is no complete list of all standard and optional features/equipment at each trim level on Lucid's website. I can look through brochures for cars from 50 years ago and see clearly see what features and packages are standard and optional at each trim level. But here we are in 2023 and we're supposed to order six figure luxury cars online without a complete list of what the hell it comes with? I really do not want to order car and assume it comes with a particular feature only to find out upon delivery that it doesn't.

At the Pure or Touring trim levels, it appears that it's possible to configure the interior in the following ways:
There is no mention of the massaging function with the 14 way leather seats. I find this confusing. Is the only way to get massaging seats in the Pure or Touring trim to get the standard PurLux leather alternative with the 20-way seat option? Is it really not possible to get massaging seats with the optional leather interior in the Pure or Touring trim?
I agree, this can be a bit frustrating. Not sure why it isn’t clear. But from what I can tell, you are correct. I think the only way to get massage seats is with PureLux, not leather. I’d love it if someone from Lucid could confirm I’m wrong about this.

I agree, this can be a bit frustrating. Not sure why it isn’t clear. But from what I can tell, you are correct. I think the only way to get massage seats is with PureLux, not leather. I’d love it if someone from Lucid could confirm I’m wrong about this.
This was previously noted for the 2024 pure rwd as well, and some studio advisors I talked to could not explain it either.

Agreed, Lucid's website is terrible when it comes to kind of stuff. There's also no good way to see what are DD vs DDP features on a dedicated webpage, you have to look at cars in inventory and "show features" and then manually compare lol.

But I would say the 14-way seats are mostly good enough, main thing missing being the adjustable bolstering of the 20 ways. If you plan to drive aggressively in corners, the 14-ways feel like an old truck seat with lack of bolstering.

Agreed, Lucid's website is terrible when it comes to kind of stuff. There's also no good way to see what are DD vs DDP features on a dedicated webpage, you have to look at cars in inventory and "show features" and then manually compare lol.

But I would say the 14-way seats are mostly good enough, main thing missing being the adjustable bolstering of the 20 ways. If you plan to drive aggressively in corners, the 14-ways feel like an old truck seat with lack of bolstering.
If you find Lucid's website to have functionality lacking, it's best to write an email to customer service explaining how it could improve. Be specific, possibly even include some drawings and mock ups of what would work better. I have personally met the person in charge of the entire website and she is lovely. She would no doubt be happy to review your suggestions. @mcr16 could you please forward this thread to the website team?

If you find Lucid's website to have functionality lacking, it's best to write an email to customer service explaining how it could improve. Be specific, possibly even include some drawings and mock ups of what would work better. I have personally met the person in charge of the entire website and she is lovely. She would no doubt be happy to review your suggestions. @mcr16 could you please forward this thread to the website team?

Thanks to this forum and other online resources, i was able to do my research and figure it out and bought my car, it's not a priority for me anymore, i was just agreeing with OP that it's confusing :)

Speaking of other confusing things, i don't think there's any mention on the website to the difference between the leather option on the Touring vs the GT. GT has alcantara in a few spots that the Touring has a cheaper grainy leather (non-nappa). Would've been good to describe this difference as "nappa leather interior with extended alcantara" or something along those lines. Again, another thing i only figured out from the forum and forcing a rep at the showroom to show me both interiors so i could see exactly where the differences were.

Thanks to this forum and other online resources, i was able to do my research and figure it out and bought my car, it's not a priority for me anymore, i was just agreeing with OP that it's confusing :)

Speaking of other confusing things, i don't think there's any mention on the website to the difference between the leather option on the Touring vs the GT. GT has alcantara in a few spots that the Touring has a cheaper grainy leather (non-nappa). Would've been good to describe this difference as "nappa leather interior with extended alcantara" or something along those lines. Again, another thing i only figured out from the forum and forcing a rep at the showroom to show me both interiors so i could see exactly where the differences were.
Right now it says "extended nappa leather," which I agree makes no sense as the touring actually has more leather while the gt has more alcantara! I think something like "nappa full grain leather with alcantara highlights" would work.

I think with the most recent revision after Gravity's unveil, the website design aesthetic has been mastered. All that needs to be changed is the reorganization of information from various places. Also, why is there a separate shop tab when that could be integrated in the Air tab? The first time I went on the website, it took me some time to find that.

I will be forwarding this to CS though!

It would be super helpful if there was a complete list of features (perhaps even in a comparison table with trim levels across so that any differences between trim levels could be easily spotted). When buying any car, I want to know what I'm getting (and what I'm not getting). If there are compelling features in a particular trim level that aren't in a lower trim level, then that needs to be crystal clear so that I can choose the trim and options that are right for me. Does it have rain-sensing wipers? Which trims/packages have massage seats? Does it have auto folding side mirrors? Does it have a spare tire or just a tire inflator? Does it have air suspension (and if not, what kind)? What sort of ambient lighting? How many USB ports? Does it have a 115v household outlet? Does it have homelink for garage door openers? I would assume it does have many of these things, but it seems I have to Google these questions or pull up the owners manual to find out (which still often doesn't answer the question as the owner's manual may state something generic like "this feature not on all trims/configurations" and then I'm left with Google and forums and YouTube to try to figure out which trims have that feature and which do not). On any other car company's website, there would be a "features and specs" page that just lists everything, even the stuff we would all just assume is there like power windows.

It would be super helpful if there was a complete list of features (perhaps even in a comparison table with trim levels across so that any differences between trim levels could be easily spotted). When buying any car, I want to know what I'm getting (and what I'm not getting). If there are compelling features in a particular trim level that aren't in a lower trim level, then that needs to be crystal clear so that I can choose the trim and options that are right for me. Does it have rain-sensing wipers? Which trims/packages have massage seats? Does it have auto folding side mirrors? Does it have a spare tire or just a tire inflator? Does it have air suspension (and if not, what kind)? What sort of ambient lighting? How many USB ports? Does it have a 115v household outlet? Does it have homelink for garage door openers? I would assume it does have many of these things, but it seems I have to Google these questions or pull up the owners manual to find out (which still often doesn't answer the question as the owner's manual may state something generic like "this feature not on all trims/configurations" and then I'm left with Google and forums and YouTube to try to figure out which trims have that feature and which do not). On any other car company's website, there would be a "features and specs" page that just lists everything, even the stuff we would all just assume is there like power windows.
Totally. A lot of people like these types of tables, myself included. Not sure why Lucid still hasn't gone this route. Even Apple, who famously doesn't like to market their stuff based on "specs" still provides a tech specs page and a comparison chart.

Totally. A lot of people like these types of tables, myself included. Not sure why Lucid still hasn't gone this route. Even Apple, who famously doesn't like to market their stuff based on "specs" still provides a tech specs page and a comparison chart.
I mean, Lucid does have a "comparison" chart but it is horribly basic.

I mean, Lucid does have a "comparison" chart but it is horribly basic.
Exactly. I'm talking about full details. Take a look at how detailed Apple gets here:

Plus, they have a comparison page right next to it for showing different models together.

Exactly. I'm talking about full details. Take a look at how detailed Apple gets here:

Plus, they have a comparison page right next to it for showing different models together.
Yes, and by comparison the Lucid page is like "620 hp vs 480 hp thats all the information you need"

For example, sunshades were barely mentioned...

Maybe we should add a Lucid website feedback page?

Here's an example from Toyota's webpage

1703006201102.png

Yeah, this is not rocket science. I think it's just a matter of time and priorities. Or maybe they just don't feel like it's appropriate for some odd reason. But I'm guessing not. Next time I'm speaking with someone at Lucid I'll be sure to bring it up.

Yeah, this is not rocket science. I think it's just a matter of time and priorities. Or maybe they just don't feel like it's appropriate for some odd reason. But I'm guessing not. Next time I'm speaking with someone at Lucid I'll be sure to bring it up.
one reason i keep hearing time and time again when complaints are thrown at lucid is that they have a small team and it's probably not a priority. Priority for the website is probably to keep up with the ordering/inventory/price changes.

one reason i keep hearing time and time again when complaints are thrown at lucid is that they have a small team and it's probably not a priority. Priority for the website is probably to keep up with the ordering/inventory/price changes.
True. Every time I see a new deal pop up, it is almost instantly on the website, as it was with the 2024 model year tourings.

I mean, that's definitely the truth. Mythical man-month aside, if they had twice as many people, more would get pushed out, for sure.

True. Every time I see a new deal pop up, it is almost instantly on the website, as it was with the 2024 model year tourings.
Though to be fair, the December deal release did not go very smoothly. For a week the mobile app and desktop app had different deals hahah

Back