Purluxe vs real leather

karamhanna

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
when selecting the interior for the custom build for Touring, the option for real leather only come with 14 way power heated and ventilated seats, no massage, while for Purluxe you can add the option for 20 way powered heated and ventilated and massage, after adding that option Purluxe interior is still cheaper than the real leather option, does any one know if the Purluxe more resistant to wrinkles than real leather or is it the opposite, also 14 vs 20 way movement, what is the difference? what are those extra 6 move positions in the seat?

when selecting the interior for the custom build for Touring, the option for real leather only come with 14 way power heated and ventilated seats, no massage, while for Purluxe you can add the option for 20 way powered heated and ventilated and massage, after adding that option Purluxe interior is still cheaper than the real leather option, does any one know if the Purluxe more resistant to wrinkles than real leather or is it the opposite, also 14 vs 20 way movement, what is the difference? what are those extra 6 move positions in the seat?
Maybe headrest and seat bolster? Or the thigh support up and down, lumbar, or thigh extension

Probably some of the ones I mentioned there

I was told by 2 Lucid sales reps that the Purluxe is more resistant to wrinkles. I liked it better because to me it felt softer and more supple. Now that I’ve been sitting on it for extended periods, I’m very happy with it.

These synthetic leathers are not the Naugahyde of yesteryear. The best of them are very advanced, duplicating the feel of the softest leather, extremely durable, stain resistant, and easy to clean. When I bought our home theater seating the synthetic leather was actually an upgrade (and upcharge) from Nappa leather. Over six years later, it still looks brand new and remains buttery soft.

On the other hand, their resistance to the creasing and development of patina of real leather means they don't develop what I think are two of the charms of the real thing.

Back