Tired of Poor Quality software

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you link to that? I'm curious which forum is the most active
MijeTz just posted a good one. Their Facebook and Reddit forums are much more active than Lucid’s. Here is a FB post from just an hour ago. I pretty much stopped following because there are so many complaints from new owners that it’s a little depressing. Good news for me is that I’m a 2023 delivery, so many of the big ones will be handled by then. It’s the hardware issues that concern me the most. Like Lucid, I’m not worried about the software at this point in production.

There’s also the Rivians that customers are getting with doors misaligned and they’re having a ton of issues with factory applied PPF having orange peel, bubbles, etc.

I’m very skeptical of that review above too as that person doesn’t sound like they actually own the car because they’re complaining about features that actually aren’t enabled yet, which any Lucid owner should know. Plus the 1.2.1 update from before that post fixed the proximity unlock. The car absolutely locks itself when you walk away, and he’s also complaining about the key fob not opening the Frunk when it does (just press and hold) and not opening the Trunk when that’s in fact not a feature of the fob and 100% of actual Lucid owners would know that because the DA tells you that. You can use Siri to open the trunk (it’s in the app), you can use the app to open the trunk, or just use your hand.
I posted it and I agree with you, doubtful he owned the car. I was more impressed with the cars.com listing for basically sticker plus tax for a GT. A few more are becoming available.

Mine came back from service this week so I finally can put a few miles on it and be reminded how much better it rides than my MS. Today is typical Michigan rain all day. I noticed after multiple stops that every time I got back in the car I had to turn the wipers back on. I think this is the first time I've had a vehicle without physical wiper switches (usually on the stalk) that just stay on when you get in and out. Another little software modification to add to the list.

I know, I know, someone will reply move to a State where it doesn't rain so much :(

I posted it and I agree with you, doubtful he owned the car. I was more impressed with the cars.com listing for basically sticker plus tax for a GT. A few more are becoming available.

Mine came back from service this week so I finally can put a few miles on it and be reminded how much better it rides than my MS. Today is typical Michigan rain all day. I noticed after multiple stops that every time I got back in the car I had to turn the wipers back on. I think this is the first time I've had a vehicle without physical wiper switches (usually on the stalk) that just stay on when you get in and out. Another little software modification to add to the list.

I know, I know, someone will reply move to a State where it doesn't rain so much :(
I was just explaining this issue to a friend and she said "doesn't the car have "auto wipers?" I said yes, but it goes back to off every time you turn off the car. She said "that's dumb, what's the point of Auto?"

I must be lucky, @Dortreo is having a similar wipe problem. We had a surprise downpour Monday night and my auto-wipers lo/hi worked as expected. You do have to turn the auto function on, it doesn’t default to that like you said but once it’s on it seemed to sense ok when to wipe and not wipe, maybe it was a bit too slow on the low so I’d turn it to high, but it worked similar to the auto-wipers in my prior car, acceptable but not as good as just controlling it yourself.

Yea the wipers are only "auto" in the sense that you have to enable them to be on but then the "auto" part is when it actual wipes your windshield. I actually don't mind that I have to do it every time, because I'm used to doing that already with my old "auto" wipers where I would flick them on and off when I needed it. Functionally, it's the same!

Reset mechanism 1:
1) step out of car
2) lock twice with fob so the horn honks
3) walk 20-30 feet away for 60-90 seconds
4) come back and unlock car.

Reset mechanism 2 (and the one I usually use, since you don’t have to leave the car):
1) turn on the turn signal left or right
2) open the door
3) close the door
4) lock the car
5) wait for signal to stop
6) unlock car
7) open door and pretend to get in

I agree they are annoying reset mechanisms, but they do work!
Honestly, for a reset, I much prefer these somewhat odd steps to the tesla reset which can take quite awhile to do.

That reset is just fine unless the car bricks on you in rush hour traffic, it’s raining cats and dogs or it is snowing and 30F outside…..

I always carry the fob so maybe that’s why I don’t have unlock/lock issues. Out of curiosity why do so many people not carry a fob? I’d be terrified to trust my phone as the only means for entering/exiting/driving any car even with Pentagon level robust software.
I often have no idea where my phone is and never know what charge state it is in. I would never rely on it for anything.

I was just explaining this issue to a friend and she said "doesn't the car have "auto wipers?" I said yes, but it goes back to off every time you turn off the car. She said "that's dumb, what's the point of Auto?"
I don't understand why this is so foreign. I've only ever had one car where the auto wipers stays on all the time. Usually you have to turn it on when you want to use it, which makes perfect sense to me.

My girlfriend's Mazda CX-5 has auto wipers that stay in the "auto" state all the time. She really likes that feature, in that she basically never has to think about starting or stopping the wipers. My car, on the other hand, does not have auto wipers. But, I don't know how many times I've forgotten to turn the wipers off when I turn off the car when it's raining. Then, I come back and restart the car, only to have the wipers start wiping even though the rain has long stopped. Drives me nuts, but I blame myself. If the Air turns the "auto" wiping feature off when you leave the car and then you have to re-enable it when the car is re-started, that would actually be fine with me.

I can figure out that, if it's raining, it's time to turn on the auto wipers!

My girlfriend's Mazda CX-5 has auto wipers that stay in the "auto" state all the time. She really likes that feature, in that she basically never has to think about starting or stopping the wipers. My car, on the other hand, does not have auto wipers. But, I don't know how many times I've forgotten to turn the wipers off when I turn off the car when it's raining. Then, I come back and restart the car, only to have the wipers start wiping even though the rain has long stopped. Drives me nuts, but I blame myself. If the Air turns the "auto" wiping feature off when you leave the car and then you have to re-enable it when the car is re-started, that would actually be fine with me.

I can figure out that, if it's raining, it's time to turn on the auto wipers!
This certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, either. I'd put it at number 600 on the current feature request list. But I would like to see it. I think of it like the auto lights. Set it once and never have to think about the feature at all ever again.

Of course, that assumes the wipers actually come on and work at an appropriate speed when it rains. (I'm looking at you, Tesla.)

At least the button is always right there on the left side, able to be turned on with one tap. (Also looking at you, Tesla.)

I don't understand why this is so foreign. I've only ever had one car where the auto wipers stays on all the time. Usually you have to turn it on when you want to use it, which makes perfect sense to me.
All my other cars it has always stayed on, that’s the point of auto :)

Honestly, for a reset, I much prefer these somewhat odd steps to the tesla reset which can take quite awhile to do.
You can reset the Tesla while driving. Stepping out of the car in the middle of the night in a questionable neighborhood is not a good idea.

You can reset the Tesla while driving. Stepping out of the car in the middle of the night in a questionable neighborhood is not a good idea.
I'd appreciate a easier reboot process. Actually, a quick reboot for just the top panel would be great. That's all I've ever needed to have restarted at this point. Once it did it on its own and the other time it wasn't until I did another trip.

But I will say that the 7 step process sounds more elaborate bc Lucid was thinking you'd get out of your car to do it. So unless I'm mistaken, it's put on the turn signal, get out of the car, lock it. When the signal stops, get back in. The other steps are just to simulate getting out of the car. More preferable to stay in, but definitely makes it sound more complex.

I'd appreciate a easier reboot process. Actually, a quick reboot for just the top panel would be great. That's all I've ever needed to have restarted at this point. Once it did it on its own and the other time it wasn't until I did another trip.

But I will say that the 7 step process sounds more elaborate bc Lucid was thinking you'd get out of your car to do it. So unless I'm mistaken, it's put on the turn signal, get out of the car, lock it. When the signal stops, get back in. The other steps are just to simulate getting out of the car. More preferable to stay in, but definitely makes it sound more complex.
You are correct! It sounds complicated but is actually quite simple

Reset mechanism 2 (and the one I usually use, since you don’t have to leave the car):
1) turn on the turn signal left or right
2) open the door
3) close the door
4) lock the car
5) wait for signal to stop
6) unlock car
7) open door and pretend to get in
I found that you cannot be charging your car at the same time to have this work.

My Tesla didn't even come with a fob. I've had very few issues just using the phone, with the key card as a backup in my wallet.

My entire goal in life is to be able to walk around with just my phone. I can't wait to put my driver's license in there when that becomes available. I pay for everything pretty much with my watch. My house has a smart lock, so no house keys.

So the fob would be one more thing to remember. One more thing to lose.

I'm never not going to have my phone with me.
Just wait till Elon perfects the neurolink. Then the chip they put in your arm( or head) will turn on and activate everything. Hey I’m old enough to remember when Dick Tracy comics featured two way wrist radios! Now your watch paired with your phone does the same thing. Science fiction becomes fact. Still waiting on self driving cars as well

I have so many software problems, the door not working(back left), and I am no longer driving the car. I am driving the Tesla Model S and waiting for Lucid to fix my car. The trunk opens halfway sometimes. The right front mirror is folding in but not coming out; the right front window is not opening; it cannot open the right front passenger door from the outside; the left back door handle makes a crazy noise. A neverending list of problems, totally unacceptable for such an expensive car.

Now, after driving both cars, I realize Lucid sounds somewhat better than Tesla in the mid frequencies, but Tesla blows away the Lucid when it comes to deep bass. The Dream Drive is just a dream, I am sure this car will never self-drive, and I paid 9000 -the price before the increase for self-drive. The driver assistance and the self-parking are disappointing. I have had this car for three months; it is a total source of frustration. If the space between 2 cars is tight, but it is possible to parallel park, Lucid will not detect it. Or detected as perpendicular. A car that is so "smart" cannot "understand " that only parallel parking would suit a specific area. I had a Lincoln MKZ hybrid that would go back and forth ( I just had to switch it from D to R, Lincoln did the steering) and park in tight spaces. One day the top and bottom right screens went blank. I exited the car, re-entered, and it displayed "tablet restarting " for minutes. I was blocking the street. I could not start the car. Turn the left signal on, lock the car, leave for 2 minutes, then go back, and it starts.

I am going to vent here and say it out loud. I am frustrated and hope Lucid will go bankrupt; Elon will buy it and have his team write better software.

Regarding adaptative cruise control/accident avoidance. Is this car using the Lidar at all? If I drive 50/hour, many times will fail to detect stationary cars or detect them too late; I have to intervene and cannot take a chance to see if it will brake at the last moment.

Self-driving on the freeway is a joke; if the curve is too steep, it asks me to take over.

I bought a shiny toy I did not need. People stare at it daily, which is not what I bought it for. I just wanted it to work properly. I am scared to take long trips out of state since I do not want to get stranded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back