Lucid Air's Number One Software Issue?

More than likely, its a lack of understanding on my part. But my assumption is that the wallet key is for valet use, and if that's the case, then why do I need to give them my code? I would imagine the simpler idea would be that if there is no authorized phone or key fob in the car, and only the wallet key, then the car automatically goes into valet mode (lock gloevebox/frunk/trunk access, and maybe limit speed). In case my phone dies, and I have my wallet key, then I can input my code to get access to glovebox/frunk/trunk.
you can tap the card on the top pillar by the mic and it will enable the car to drive.
 
Scheduled Charging : I had to dumb down my ChargePoint and turn the Charge Point scheduler totally off in order for my Air to have Schedule'd charging work.. My Charging rates are good between 12am and 3pm. While the car will start charging 100% fine and onetime at 12am. What I would like (better) is if it also had an "end time" window (like Charge point has where I simply enter my Utility rate plan and the software figures the rest out, sets up my schedule etc). The reason an "end time" is nice is it creates an "off peak charging window". In other words, if I plug in at 1pm in the afternoon my rates are still great, but the Lucid charging software will not start until 12am that night.. If I had the option for an "end time" the charging would immediately charge at 1pm, and then shut off at 3pm and then restart at 12am.. This is why the charge point software is better, but it does not work with the Lucicd because the Lucid is the "master" when it comes to scheduled charging, until there is a software update (hopefully) to update the scheduled charging features , or allow the charge point software to take over as the Master like my other EV does..

Love my car, would not trade it for anything else, I only mention this with the hopes of it being a future software update.
 
Aside from some annoying glitches in two and a half years with my AGT that resolved, I have no software issues. The car is a delight in every respect. My perspective is tolerance since it is a new vehicle so had I expected perfection with the software I would have been disappointed. For further perspective, I have yet to experience software applications anywhere that are perfect. Lucid has done an admirable job with OTAs to correct shortfalls.
 
I've noticed with the latest software drop, about 1/2 the time there is zero audio, all muted. No radio. No blinker noise. No rear backup sound.
Fixing requires a soft-reset with the Air Logo. This always returns audio back to service until the next day of use.
 
I've noticed with the latest software drop, about 1/2 the time there is zero audio, all muted. No radio. No blinker noise. No rear backup sound.
Fixing requires a soft-reset with the Air Logo. This always returns audio back to service until the next day of use.
It's not nearly as common for me, but that is definitely happening to others. Lucid is aware.
 
It's pretty much all the time now. No audio without a soft reset (at least once, sometimes twice).
No option for any software update. Still using 2.7.1 Annoyance of this is.. slight.
 
Since 2.8.0 I’m losing internet, and as a result XM, almost every day. I’m not even able to use XM on CarPlay since although CarPlay shows up on the panel, it can’t be accessed. Internet loss has always been an occasional ongoing issue since day one but not nearly as bad as since 2.8.0. What’s worse is when I have my wife in the car and I get the inevitable, ‘Again?’
 
... the most pervasive day-to-day software frustration experienced by Lucid Air owners? I think it is the mobile app's inability to efficiently auto-open the doors.

I received and completed a Lucid Customer Survey yesterday. While my overall rating was still quite favorable, I suggested that they think about how crazy it is that after three years, Air customers are still dealing with this both frustrating and embarrassing issue... AND that this one issue is adversely impacting both new and repeat purchases.

I can live with there being some promised features that have yet to be delivered, but a basic function like this???
 
Last edited:
Since 2.8.0 I’m losing internet, and as a result XM, almost every day. I’m not even able to use XM on CarPlay since although CarPlay shows up on the panel, it can’t be accessed. Internet loss has always been an occasional ongoing issue since day one but not nearly as bad as since 2.8.0. What’s worse is when I have my wife in the car and I get the inevitable, ‘Again?’
CarPlay uses its own Internet signal. I’ve had no issues with it. Have you tried to hard restart your phone?
 
CarPlay uses its own Internet signal. I’ve had no issues with it. Have you tried to hard restart your phone?
Unfortunately yes, no luck, Bobby. I can see the Bluetooth is not connecting on the phone with the car even after repeated tries. It’s almost as if it’s two different, simultaneous problems, since the car’s XM uses its own internet. These are not questionable signal areas either.

Sometimes if I exit the car and lock it for a few minutes the audio will return. Go figure.
 
Still get the no-audio issue after an overnight charge, requiring a soft-reset every morning, even after an entertainment computer upgrade and 2.8.4
I've tried "waking up the car" using the App instead, and several other attempted "tricks" but to no avail. Every morning, soft-reset.
Parking lot not plugged in for 8+ hours? No reset necessary. Garage plugged-in overnight? Reset necessary.
 
Still get the no-audio issue after an overnight charge, requiring a soft-reset every morning, even after an entertainment computer upgrade and 2.8.4
I've tried "waking up the car" using the App instead, and several other attempted "tricks" but to no avail. Every morning, soft-reset.
Parking lot not plugged in for 8+ hours? No reset necessary. Garage plugged-in overnight? Reset necessary.
I actually haven't noticed that one in a while, and I used to get it all the time (made many posts about it). Sometimes music won't automatically start when I get in the car, but it's not the total silence with blinkers/etc and I just have to press the music icon. Just spitballing, but my Sirius trial expired and I didn't renew it. Do you leave the car on Sirius every night?

If you do maybe try leaving the car on radio when you get out. Doesn't make much sense and it's a long shot, but the Sirius implementation is seriously jank as it is so maybe it's something to test. I can't think of anything else I've changed recently that might be sparing me from that annoyance.
 
I actually haven't noticed that one in a while, and I used to get it all the time (made many posts about it). Sometimes music won't automatically start when I get in the car, but it's not the total silence with blinkers/etc and I just have to press the music icon. Just spitballing, but my Sirius trial expired and I didn't renew it. Do you leave the car on Sirius every night?

If you do maybe try leaving the car on radio when you get out. Doesn't make much sense and it's a long shot, but the Sirius implementation is seriously jank as it is so maybe it's something to test. I can't think of anything else I've changed recently that might be sparing me from that annoyance.
Hm. I'll try choosing an FM HD channel and see if it makes a difference.

It almost always happens after plugged-in deep-sleep and no other time.
 
Since 2.8.0 I’m losing internet, and as a result XM, almost every day. I’m not even able to use XM on CarPlay since although CarPlay shows up on the panel, it can’t be accessed. Internet loss has always been an occasional ongoing issue since day one but not nearly as bad as since 2.8.0. What’s worse is when I have my wife in the car and I get the inevitable, ‘Again?’
I noticed the other day when I tried to use Lucid assistant it said it had no internet too.

Tesla is worse tho, for the last six months both of ours loose internet every single day. It sucks. And there’s no CarPlay backup.

my only real complaint is I wish I could disable locking automatically at home (like Tesla), and I wish I could separate alerts for cross traffic to make it rear-cross traffic alert only. I’ve never seen a system that requires both 🤷
 
Figured it out (sort of). Native Sirius XM will force a no-audio situation if the car goes to sleep after being plugged-in after finishing charging and going into deep-sleep.

Not plugged in just sitting? Audio start-up no problem.

Needs-charging and plugged-in? No audio requiring soft-reset at start-up.

Lucid can write me a check for solving their software problem anytime! They have my address. :)
 
Figured it out (sort of). Native Sirius XM will force a no-audio situation if the car goes to sleep after being plugged-in after finishing charging and going into deep-sleep.

Not plugged in just sitting? Audio start-up no problem.

Needs-charging and plugged-in? No audio requiring soft-reset at start-up.

Lucid can write me a check for solving their software problem anytime! They have my address. :)
Great! If correct, you have tremendously helped their debugging!
 
Figured it out (sort of). Native Sirius XM will force a no-audio situation if the car goes to sleep after being plugged-in after finishing charging and going into deep-sleep.

Not plugged in just sitting? Audio start-up no problem.

Needs-charging and plugged-in? No audio requiring soft-reset at start-up.

Lucid can write me a check for solving their software problem anytime! They have my address. :)
Did switching off Sirius as I suggested do anything?
 
Did switching off Sirius as I suggested do anything?
I switched to HD Radio (left the car) plugged it in to charge, which finished, and next morning, no audio.

In any radio-mode this happens. Tidal subscription, Bluetooth Audio, Sirius XM, or FM/HDFM radio. Plugged in and sleeps overnight? No audio next morning.

In every instance, parking without being plugged in, even when sitting for days, audio works.

In every instance, parking while being plugged in, even when sitting for days, audio does not work and requires soft-reset.

Lucid has my address. ;)
 
Back
Top