Software Wishlist for 2025

#4 - write to Tidal. This is a vendored app, and Tidal has to fix it.
#7 - exists today, if you install Home Assistant. :) which means it exists in the API and I suspect will be added to the mobile app soon, but as usual HA is already ahead 😈
Thanks Borski. So you're saying Tidal built the native Lucid Tidal app? The interface in that app doesn't work like Tidal's mobile app, or iPad app, or desktop app. I assumed Lucid built the app using Tidal APIs.

Also I have another add-on to my list. As relates to #5, when "starting" the car the music automatically loads up as the Android Auto music. Even when I am listening to the native Lucid Tidal app when I get out of the car, whenever I get back in it switches to AA music and I have to start all over whatever album or playlist I had on the native Tidal app.
 
Thanks Borski. So you're saying Tidal built the native Lucid Tidal app? The interface in that app doesn't work like Tidal's mobile app, or iPad app, or desktop app.
Correct. All the media apps are written by those respective vendors. That’s also why none of them match the Lucid interface as well.

I assumed Lucid built the app using Tidal APIs.
Nope.

Even when I am listening to the native Lucid Tidal app when I get out of the car, whenever I get back in it switches to AA music and I have to start all over whatever album or playlist I had on the native Tidal app.
This is a new bug; it only started when they added AA for those green bubble folks 🙄 haha

It’s not intentional, so I’m sure they’ll fix it.
 
Adding some Improvements based on a couple of weeks of owning and under a week of driving

1. Make live view work on WiFi. And while charging. And while parked. Anywhere. Just let it work please.
2. The climate operation for gravity needs considerable improvement - after having the car for a few days and i still cannot figure out if the ac is in AUto or manual mode.
3. Maps - if you are in traffic, the blue nav line is hidden behind the red traffic indicator. I had to zoom out multiple times to understand where I was and if the directions were still working.
4. Remote *anything* is sporadic at best. Remote Climate control hasnt worked a single time since I took delivery- it’s also not clear in the app if anything is on. The seats aren’t heated even though it shows on the app.
5. Great car needs great sounds. Chimes and alert sounds are Very very jarring / verging on annoying. I’m sure they can borrow from royalty free stuff that can still pass NHTSA guidelines. They don’t have to sound like a 10 year old experimenting with default sounds.
5. Rear / front / side view cameras should not be speed restricted. On my model 3 we can turn on any time - It’s excellent for driving in tricky places (20-30 mph).
 
Maps... I'm not sure whose map system Lucid is using, but it certainly is not Google's. After having it take me on circuitous routes and off the freeway on surface streets that made no sense, I started using Google or WAZE for my nav needs most of the time. I recently used the Lucid NAV for routing this past weekend and found the issue you raised above in (3) to be very confusing. I'm going to take a trip from the Bay Area to Santa Barbara soon and am doing so with some trepidation about using the Lucid NAV system so that I can have it plan my charging stops integrated into my route. I formerly owned a Tesla Mod S and could absolutely depend upon Tesla's NAV and planned charging stops to be accurate. Lucid needs to do better with this functionality.

I absolutely agree with your item (4). Last week, I left something important in my Lucid Air and walked a couple of blocks back to the car to retrieve it. I failed to take my fob with me, but had my iphone which is set up as a mobile key. I couldn't get the car to wake up, and the app kept showing me that the car was offline... extremely frustrating!

Good point re item (5)! I've had passengers act startled by the various audio warning sounds, whereas I've gotten somewhat used to them. Nevertheless, they are poorly conceived. I once watched a video explaining the time spent by BMW using audio engineers to develop pleasing, but effective sounds to signal various issues to the driver.

As a former Tesla owner, I could depend upon using the vehicle's interactive voice agent for a myriad of functions from correctly inputting a destination into the NAV system to turning on my windshield wiper or defrosters during a sudden downpour. Sorry "Hey Lucid", but you still aren't very dependable! Let's get this fixed since it can be a safety issue to take the driver's eyes off the road to activate a feature when it should be able to be addressed via a smart voice agent.
 
Have had my Gravity Grand Touring for a couple weeks now and put on close to 1,000 miles. Lots of things I would like to see added to the car with OTA updates.


1. Live view should have no limitations. I need to see what is around the car regardless of whether the car is on LTE or wi-fi.
2. There must be an option to have a constant view of any camera desired and to place it where I want, on the upper cockpit panel, lower, anywhere. The entire upper screen is touch, yet I can't see what I need to see, when I want to see it. I need and want to see what is behind me all the time, at a glance and I can't. That is a standard feature with most other cars, Tesla included.
3. I hate the fact that there are items displayed on the upper cockpit panel I simply don't want or use. I should be able to dismiss those items and drag others up there, from the pilot panel. Example; There is music playing in a big box, but also a small rectangle just to the right of the speedometer. Then there is the phone box, showing my iphone is connected. I don't need that up there. I also want to display different types of mapping choices, such as a visual turn-by-turn. Instead, I get an aerial view looking down at the car traveling on the map but I can't see the upcoming turns. All that I see in the other window is the words describing the upcoming turns. Not what I want.
4. Climate control: I haven't figured out how to pull just outside cooler air in. Read the owners manual. It didn't explain how to do so.
5. Homelink: It takes pushing the screen three times to get that to open the door. First, there is the homeland icon up at the top of the clearview cockpit windown. I should just be able to push that and it works. Instead, it then gives a plus (+) sign with my garage door listed. I then have to push that, twice, to get it to open. It should simply be geofenced to open at a predetermined distance from my garage, say 20 feet etc.
6. Maps - the blue line indicating route covers up anything else underneath. Also, switch to Google Maps. Its the industry standard, they've worked out the kinks, and its' simply state of the art. Here maps is junk. It's wonky, doesn't route properly and often can't make up its mind where it wants to send you. It can't be trusted.
7. Folding the mirrors. It should be a simple one button press to get the mirrors to fold when approaching a drive through window. Instead, its a multi button search to find the thing. That should be front and center and always available, at least in the left hand area of the clearview cockpit. Also, geofence that too, just like Tesla. It should know when I approach the same restaurant's drive through speaker and window, to fold the mirrors.
8. The app doesn't work for heating the car. It doesn't work for driving the car. The app needs serious work.
9. Our phones must act as a mobile key. That needs to be taken care of in short order.
10. I want the ability to have the 360 degree overhead view at any time, anywhere on either display.
11. The nagging has gotten really old, really quick. Most are annoying.
12. Where are the active matrix headlights? They're there, but don't work.
13. Halo secure as the ability to be as good or better than Tesla's Sentry. It needs to record anyone coming near the car as 'events'.
14. Must have a dash cam implementation. It's a necessity.
15. There should be ohter 'favorites' displayed; like 'cottage', "school", etc. Two just doesn't cut it (home and work).
16. Pin to drive
17. Pin to access glovebox
18. Valet mode
 
Have had my Gravity Grand Touring for a couple weeks now and put on close to 1,000 miles. Lots of things I would like to see added to the car with OTA updates.


1. Live view should have no limitations. I need to see what is around the car regardless of whether the car is on LTE or wi-fi.
2. There must be an option to have a constant view of any camera desired and to place it where I want, on the upper cockpit panel, lower, anywhere. The entire upper screen is touch, yet I can't see what I need to see, when I want to see it. I need and want to see what is behind me all the time, at a glance and I can't. That is a standard feature with most other cars, Tesla included.
3. I hate the fact that there are items displayed on the upper cockpit panel I simply don't want or use. I should be able to dismiss those items and drag others up there, from the pilot panel. Example; There is music playing in a big box, but also a small rectangle just to the right of the speedometer. Then there is the phone box, showing my iphone is connected. I don't need that up there. I also want to display different types of mapping choices, such as a visual turn-by-turn. Instead, I get an aerial view looking down at the car traveling on the map but I can't see the upcoming turns. All that I see in the other window is the words describing the upcoming turns. Not what I want.
4. Climate control: I haven't figured out how to pull just outside cooler air in. Read the owners manual. It didn't explain how to do so.
5. Homelink: It takes pushing the screen three times to get that to open the door. First, there is the homeland icon up at the top of the clearview cockpit windown. I should just be able to push that and it works. Instead, it then gives a plus (+) sign with my garage door listed. I then have to push that, twice, to get it to open. It should simply be geofenced to open at a predetermined distance from my garage, say 20 feet etc.
6. Maps - the blue line indicating route covers up anything else underneath. Also, switch to Google Maps. Its the industry standard, they've worked out the kinks, and its' simply state of the art. Here maps is junk. It's wonky, doesn't route properly and often can't make up its mind where it wants to send you. It can't be trusted.
7. Folding the mirrors. It should be a simple one button press to get the mirrors to fold when approaching a drive through window. Instead, its a multi button search to find the thing. That should be front and center and always available, at least in the left hand area of the clearview cockpit. Also, geofence that too, just like Tesla. It should know when I approach the same restaurant's drive through speaker and window, to fold the mirrors.
8. The app doesn't work for heating the car. It doesn't work for driving the car. The app needs serious work.
9. Our phones must act as a mobile key. That needs to be taken care of in short order.
10. I want the ability to have the 360 degree overhead view at any time, anywhere on either display.
11. The nagging has gotten really old, really quick. Most are annoying.
12. Where are the active matrix headlights? They're there, but don't work.
13. Halo secure as the ability to be as good or better than Tesla's Sentry. It needs to record anyone coming near the car as 'events'.
14. Must have a dash cam implementation. It's a necessity.
15. There should be ohter 'favorites' displayed; like 'cottage', "school", etc. Two just doesn't cut it (home and work).
16. Pin to drive
17. Pin to access glovebox
18. Valet mode
This is a great list - I started a gravity specific thread here. in case you want to add more details.
 
I know this is a software wishlist thread, but I really wish I could open/close the trunk by moving my foot under the rear bumper…
 
1. Live view should have no limitations. I need to see what is around the car regardless of whether the car is on LTE or wi-fi.
It’s in beta. It is clearly not intended to only work on one or the other, hence why it’s in beta.

2. … I need and want to see what is behind me all the time, at a glance and I can't. …
Isn’t that what the rear view mirror is for? But okay, I know you’re not the only one who seems to want this.
3. … I also want to display different types of mapping choices, such as a visual turn-by-turn. Instead, I get an aerial view looking down at the car traveling on the map but I can't see the upcoming turns. All that I see in the other window is the words describing the upcoming turns. Not what I want.
You can change the view. Click the route icon on the UI. Each tap will switch views. This is explained in the manual. They can be separate.

Touch the icon in the lower right of the map to select from one of four default map viewing modes:
  • 3D Track-Up: Shows a 3D view that tracks your vehicle’s current position and rotates the map to show what is in front of the vehicle.
  • 2D Track-Up: Shows a 2D view that tracks your vehicle’s current position and rotates the map to show what is in front of the vehicle.
  • North-Up: Shows a 2D view where North is always at the top of the map.
  • Route Overview: Shows a 2D view that displays your current route end-to-end, and North is always at the top of the map.
    NOTE: The Route Overview mode will only appear when a route is selected.
The default map views will be ignored once you start manually interacting with the map. The system will maintain your personal user mode until you select one of the default views listed above.

4. Climate control: I haven't figured out how to pull just outside cooler air in. Read the owners manual. It didn't explain how to do so.
From the manual:
1760478917397.webp

5. Homelink: It takes pushing the screen three times to get that to open the door. First, there is the homeland icon up at the top of the clearview cockpit windown. I should just be able to push that and it works. Instead, it then gives a plus (+) sign with my garage door listed. I then have to push that, twice, to get it to open. It should simply be geofenced to open at a predetermined distance from my garage, say 20 feet etc.
It was an option; they removed it because it was buggy. It will be back.

6. Maps - the blue line indicating route covers up anything else underneath. Also, switch to Google Maps. It’s the industry standard, they've worked out the kinks, and its' simply state of the art. Here maps is junk. It's wonky, doesn't route properly and often can't make up its mind where it wants to send you. It can't be trusted.
Lots of manufacturers use HERE. Lots of threads on this. YMMV.

7. Folding the mirrors. It should be a simple one button press to get the mirrors to fold when approaching a drive through window. Instead, it’s a multi button search to find the thing. That should be front and center and always available, at least in the left hand area of the clearview cockpit. Also, geofence that too, just like Tesla. It should know when I approach the same restaurant's drive through speaker and window, to fold the mirrors.
Swipe down from the top of the pilot panel, tap fold mirrors. One swipe, one tap.

8. The app doesn't work for heating the car. It doesn't work for driving the car. The app needs serious work.
App works fine. If you’re having issues, please be more specific. Our Gravity wakes up almost immediately now.

9. Our phones must act as a mobile key. That needs to be taken care of in short order.
Yup. I agree. It’s coming.

10. I want the ability to have the 360 degree overhead view at any time, anywhere on either display.
You already said that, re: camera views, but okay. This is very unlikely to happen, but sure.

11. The nagging has gotten really old, really quick. Most are annoying.
What nagging? If it’s the distracted/drowsy driver nagging, turn those off in settings, until they have a facial scan setup.

12. Where are the active matrix headlights? They're there, but don't work.
Be more specific. They work fine.

13. Halo secure as the ability to be as good or better than Tesla's Sentry. It needs to record anyone coming near the car as 'events'.
It’s in beta. They’ll add more over time.

14. Must have a dash cam implementation. It's a necessity.
This exists? Not real-time, but you can hit the record button for halo secure at any time and it will record the last 30s and the next 30s.

15. There should be ohter 'favorites' displayed; like 'cottage', "school", etc. Two just doesn't cut it (home and work).
You can add favorites, just not label them. I agree this would be nice.

16. Pin to drive
Yeah, they specifically don’t have this for some reason. It exists on Air, so I don’t know why not here, but it seems to be for some actual reason, not a lack of ability to build it.

17. Pin to access glovebox
18. Valet mode
I’d say these two are basically the same, but agreed.
 
This is a great list - I started a gravity specific thread here. in case you want to add more details.
perfect. I'd rather there be one big list Lucid can check off one by one as they make them available.
 
My biggest wish is that the upper screen and the lower screen could operate separately. I hate selecting Spotify from the top screen and swiping it down to the bottom screen in order to search for music. Let me map and navigate music at the same time. Why else do we have two screens?!?
 
Home Charging Scheduling to have an "END" charge time setting option.
I'd love this too. I currently make it stop on the EVSE instead, but would be easier to do on the car so I didn't have to worry about which charger I was plugged into.
 
Back
Top