Tired of Poor Quality software

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
I've now had my Lucid AGT for 2 months and REALLy getting tired of the shoddy quality of the software! You have to hit the side mirrors button multiple times before it responds, the lucid app on the iPhone is forever "Waking up", same for the Apple Watch app, the Tidal app is incredibly buggy and the latest iteration won't even show the songs in a playlist etc etc. Not to mention that no Car Play in sight. I would tolerate this if this wasn't a $150K+ car AND every tom dick and harry from Hyundai's to Honda's to even GM cars dont have these kinds of software issues. Seriously ? Lucid's software engineers are SO much worse than anyone else in the industry ????

While the driving is fun, we interact with the software a lot more and they REALLY need to think about prioritizing their efforts!

Not to mention that it seems like it’s been a very long time since the last update. I am hoping that the delay is a sign of big things yet to come.

Not to mention that it seems like it’s been a very long time since the last update. I am hoping that the delay is a sign of big things yet to come.
I think this is a big part of the problem. Cadenced updates with even marginal improvements would make everyone feel better. This long between updates is concerning; unfortunately, it likely means they are having problems and not simply waiting to drop a big glorious update on us.

I've now had my Lucid AGT for 2 months and REALLy getting tired of the shoddy quality of the software! You have to hit the side mirrors button multiple times before it responds, the lucid app on the iPhone is forever "Waking up", same for the Apple Watch app, the Tidal app is incredibly buggy and the latest iteration won't even show the songs in a playlist etc etc. Not to mention that no Car Play in sight. I would tolerate this if this wasn't a $150K+ car AND every tom dick and harry from Hyundai's to Honda's to even GM cars dont have these kinds of software issues. Seriously ? Lucid's software engineers are SO much worse than anyone else in the industry ????

While the driving is fun, we interact with the software a lot more and they REALLY need to think about prioritizing their efforts!
What side mirror thing? Can you expand on that? Also, I keep asking but no one has actually responded to how much quicker other apps are for other evs? I've timed the Tesla app vs the Lucid app and it's within 5 seconds of each other waking from a sleep state.

Ok, I'll take the bait, @hydbob.
First of all, I'm kind of a low-tech guy so I haven't used the majority of all the app operations discussed on the forum. Therefore, I can only comment on the bread-and-aspects of my wife's EQS.
When walking within 10, 15 feet (haven't measured the exact distance), the car wakes up every time, door knobs coming out, etc. Get into the car, press the start button, and off we go. Mirror-folding, dashcam, pre-entry climate control, FM radio work. Trunk opens on command.
But this is not to say that the EQS is perfect. A fellow EQS just yesterday bricked his car on the freeway. Apparently, the rear motor just stopped working. Fortunately no rear ending for him. And it took "4 hours" to load it on a flatbed, with several different tow trucks involved (the procedure required by MB is just too complicated)
Our own car had a critical message on the 12V battery when its was at the shop for PPF. And today, I think the TPMS calibration is off, giving me warning despite perfect measurement with my trusted gauge.
And there is no sentry mode or level 3 driving now or the future. MB does not upgrade features like Tesla or Lucid, even though the hardware is there.

Ok, I'll take the bait, @hydbob.
First of all, I'm kind of a low-tech guy so I haven't used the majority of all the app operations discussed on the forum. Therefore, I can only comment on the bread-and-aspects of my wife's EQS.
When walking within 10, 15 feet (haven't measured the exact distance), the car wakes up every time, door knobs coming out, etc. Get into the car, press the start button, and off we go. Mirror-folding, dashcam, pre-entry climate control, FM radio work. Trunk opens on command.
But this is not to say that the EQS is perfect. A fellow EQS just yesterday bricked his car on the freeway. Apparently, the rear motor just stopped working. Fortunately no rear ending for him. And it took "4 hours" to load it on a flatbed, with several different tow trucks involved (the procedure required by MB is just too complicated)
Our own car had a critical message on the 12V battery when its was at the shop for PPF. And today, I think the TPMS calibration is off, giving me warning despite perfect measurement with my trusted gauge.
And there is no sentry mode or level 3 driving now or the future. MB does not upgrade features like Tesla or Lucid, even though the hardware is there.
Thanks for the response, I was mainly referring to the phone app since that seems to be a major complaint about the Air. How long does it take the MB app to wake up the EQS from sleep?

What side mirror thing? Can you expand on that? Also, I keep asking but no one has actually responded to how much quicker other apps are for other evs? I've timed the Tesla app vs the Lucid app and it's within 5 seconds of each other waking from a sleep state.

When entering or exiting the garage and you want to close the side mirrors, it takes at least several pushes on the screen before it responds. This is emblematic of most touch screen commands wiht the Lucid, takes several tries for anything to work.

And it's NOT about how long it takes to wake up from sleep state compared to other EVs. It takes long enough wiht the Lucid that unlocking the car wiht the phone or opening the charge port is basically useless, you're far better off using the key fob. And the apple watch app seems to be constantly "waking up"

Thanks for the response, I was mainly referring to the phone app since that seems to be a major complaint about the Air. How long does it take the MB app to wake up the EQS from sleep?
We've always had the key fob in pockets/purse. And there's no issue there.
I've just walked up to the car and use the phone app to unlock it. The door locks came out right away.
Nor sure if this is the info you're looking for.

When entering or exiting the garage and you want to close the side mirrors, it takes at least several pushes on the screen before it responds. This is emblematic of most touch screen commands wiht the Lucid, takes several tries for anything to work.

And it's NOT about how long it takes to wake up from sleep state compared to other EVs. It takes long enough wiht the Lucid that unlocking the car wiht the phone or opening the charge port is basically useless, you're far better off using the key fob. And the apple watch app seems to be constantly "waking up"

I haven’t noticed that the pilot screen is unresponsive but have noticed that the Lucid screens in general need more skin contact (flat fingering) to activate. I’m getting used to that. I have to fold my side mirrors to exit my garage, too.

If you are using your phone as a mobile key, that's been working well from what others have said, but, using the app or your watch will not work if the car is in a sleep state until it wakes up, which is my point about how long. The phone app is not instantaneous for any manufacturer unless the car is awake first. If you are expecting to walk up to the car and use the app to open the charge port, you are correct that using the fob is much faster because the fob unlocks the car. If you used your phone as a mobile key, it would accomplish the same task. You are able to open the charge port just by pushing the lower right corner of the door as long as the car us unlocked.

We've always had the key fob in pockets/purse. And there's no issue there.
I've just walked up to the car and use the phone app to unlock it. The door locks came out right away.
Nor sure if this is the info you're looking for.
The issue that @imran is describing just sounds like he is trying to use the app to unlock the car and that's not the primary purpose of the app. Have you tried using the MB app to set remote climate or check the status of the car?

The issue that @imran is describing just sounds like he is trying to use the app to unlock the car and that's not the primary purpose of the app. Have you tried using the MB app to set remote climate or check the status of the car?
Yes, I've done that. I can see the if windows, doors, etc are closed, lock status, the SOC, pre-entry climate control, tire pressure.
And locking, unlocking has been ok so far. No lag time.

But the hood has no prop and there is no 12 V socket anywhere in the car so I can't use the Lucid Tire Kit I bought

I have said this before but IMHO, Lucid had to stop and either re-platform or just re-architect the base platform before adding more features. When we finally get an update, hopefully everything runs faster, and the code is more solid. Then new features can come quicker.

I have written software for a very long time, but still just an educated guess. It would be nice if Lucid management fessed up to the issues with software and said, "yes, we screwed up but here is what we are doing to fix it, and this is how long it will take". They may be thinking that this approach is bad for new sales or their stock price, but I disagree. I think it would help. We all make mistakes, but most people are much more forgiving if you admit it.

Just my 2.5 cents.

If it wasn’t for the spread of information on the Internet companies could get away with all the obfuscation. That is no longer so and the longer they keep buyers in the dark the more sales they will lose. I would be curious as to how many have dropped reservations knowing the current unaddressed problems.

I have said this before but IMHO, Lucid had to stop and either re-platform or just re-architect the base platform before adding more features. When we finally get an update, hopefully everything runs faster, and the code is more solid. Then new features can come quicker.

I have written software for a very long time, but still just an educated guess. It would be nice if Lucid management fessed up to the issues with software and said, "yes, we screwed up but here is what we are doing to fix it, and this is how long it will take". They may be thinking that this approach is bad for new sales or their stock price, but I disagree. I think it would help. We all make mistakes, but most people are much more forgiving if you admit it.

Just my 2.5 cents.
Someone in another thread was talking about how the OS was running on a VM instead of natively and that they were going to be swapping over.

But the hood has no prop and there is no 12 V socket anywhere in the car so I can't use the Lucid Tire Kit I bought
The 12V socket is located in the rear right of the trunk under the removable panel.

Just my 2.5 cents.
Completely agree with all of this. I’m cautiously optimistic. The next update might take a while, but it also might be a big improvement in speed and smoothness. If, on the other hand, the next update takes another month, and it barely changes anything, that’s going to be a red flag.

Someone in another thread was talking about how the OS was running on a VM instead of natively and that they were going to be swapping over.
Could be but most modern hypervisors are very efficient and I assume that they are running Linux and maybe Android for Cars so not sure that it's just a VM issue. Time will tell.

TRUST ME! Ford is even worse! This decades old company’s software has 10x lag of Lucid Air. I brought it back to dealer, they told me they don’t have OTA Update and it would takes $1500 for them to update or tweak my 2019 F-250 Infotainment lag, or I can risk with factory reset myself by accepting disclaimer of total blackout possibility. Therefore, I look forward for CyberTruck and not best-selling American vehicle going electric —— F-150 Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back