Tire Pressure/Air Compressor/12V Connector

Steve's Lucid

Cars
Grand Touring
With the colder weather, my tire pressure is low. I grabbed my portable compressor that plugs into the12V cigarette lighter. In my Tesla, this connector was centrally located between the front seats so could get to all four tires. The Lucid’s 12V connector is in the trunk and I cannot reach the front tires. I did buy a USB to 12V adapter, but when I plug it into the USB connector between the front seats of the Lucid, I can only turn on the flashlight part of the tire compressor, but the compressor itself won’t work. Any suggestions on what to do or buy so I can reach all four tires with the 12V connector not being centrally located in the Lucid? I can’t find a compressor with a long enough cord to do this. Or maybe I am using the wrong USB adapter? Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks!

Lucid sells one that is long enough to go all around. I use the one that comes with my Jumper starter and I just carry it around to all 4 tires.

Just looked at it. Is it the Repair Kit or the Replacement Canister that has the long cord?

Just looked at it. Is it the Repair Kit or the Replacement Canister that has the long cord?
The repair kit. Some have reported success buying a 12V lighter extension cord also.

The repair kit. The replacement canister is just that - a replacement canister for the tire repair goo.

Regarding tire inflation, I use this and have been happy with it:

RYSEAB Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor for Car Tire, [Cordless & Strong Power] Air Pump for Car Tire with 6000mAh Battery [Fast inflate 150PSI] Tire Pump with LED Light for Car Bike Motor Ball… https://a.co/d/1bmBlQN

If you have Milwaukee 18V cordless tools at home already, their M18 inflator is a great device to add to your collection.

The repair kit. The replacement canister is just that - a replacement canister for the tire repair goo.

RYSEAB Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor for Car Tire, [Cordless & Strong Power] Air Pump for Car Tire with 6000mAh Battery [Fast inflate 150PSI] Tire Pump with LED Light for Car Bike Motor Ball… https://a.co/d/1bmBlQN
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much.

This is similar too that I like. It can also plug in as well as cordless, had a built-in light, can charge your phone too

Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor-2X Faster Inflation,160PSI Cordless Air Pump for 7800mAh Battery - 12V DC Bike Pump w/Digital Pressure Gauge LED Light for Car,Bicycle,Motorcycle,Ball https://a.co/d/7kFk718

Here is a great YouTube channel for reviews of tools and other stuff
As a result, I bought this inflator to keep in the car. $45 with coupon, an absolute bargain: https://a.co/d/2qvuSiZ

Channel:

With the colder weather, my tire pressure is low. I grabbed my portable compressor that plugs into the12V cigarette lighter. In my Tesla, this connector was centrally located between the front seats so could get to all four tires. The Lucid’s 12V connector is in the trunk and I cannot reach the front tires. I did buy a USB to 12V adapter, but when I plug it into the USB connector between the front seats of the Lucid, I can only turn on the flashlight part of the tire compressor, but the compressor itself won’t work. Any suggestions on what to do or buy so I can reach all four tires with the 12V connector not being centrally located in the Lucid? I can’t find a compressor with a long enough cord to do this. Or maybe I am using the wrong USB adapter? Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks!
This is what I use to solve this exact problem. $15 solve to use your existing compressor.

I had the same problem. When I looked at options to connect the cigarette lighter to the USB in the console, I found they were all limited in power because of the USB. However, by looking for an extension of a cigarette lighter cord, I found that you could get a 12 ft. extension that will reach all tires, with the 10 ft. cord on the compressor, and deliver sufficient power for the compressor for $12.99. Bought it and it works.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.png
    IMG_2721.png
    4 MB · Views: 50
I normally fold down the driver side passenger seat and bring the cable out thru drivers window. Since the 12v cigarette socket is on the rear right, my compressor can reach 3 tires from outside.

Back