Pure Standard Equipment

If you actually wind up with the $77,400 + paint pricing for AWD, DDP & SSP, then that’s certainly a better deal than they’re advertising.

Edit: Just followed up with sales and it was an emphatic ‘no’ on free AWD. Grab your deal and run…fast!
I talked with one of the local sales advisors today and the $77,400 for AWD, DDP and SSP is a real number and was also offered to me.

I talked with one of the local sales advisors today and the $77,400 for AWD, DDP and SSP is a real number and was also offered to me.
Really? The difference in the advisor’s understanding of this offer is bizarre. Why would there be nothing on their website about this? Yet what I was told (no free AWD) was consistent with what I see in the ‘fine print’.

I hope you’re right, and if true I’d pull the trigger and not wait for the trade-in program. But again, at this point I no longer see any in-stock Pures with DDP & SSP. So this may be all academic. I’ll find out tomorrow when the normal staff is in.

Are you going to get one? If so, are you looking at their 4.99% financing? I have a great relationship with Bank of America. I just don't want to take money out of the market right now.

Are you going to get one? If so, are you looking at their 4.99% financing? I have a great relationship with Bank of America. I just don't want to take money out of the market right now.
After talking to my wife about it, we are going to wait for Gravity or an SUV rather than getting a second Air.

Makes sense. How are you enjoying the Air that you currently have?

Even though it was directed to me, I can respond my sentiment.

We got Polestar 2 as backup and my son daily drives that to school and work, it’s a small sedan. New Pure really price makes it better value than Swedish Polestar 2.

We love Lucid, but we cannot trade in Polestar 2 for Pure bc trade in option is not there by Lucid. As for family, they like comfort of Air, except when it comes to going places unknown, raining out weather, taking dogs, or need to go to Home Depot or garden stores, we rather drive R1S instead to keep Air pristine. It’s very hard not to like Air for ride and cabin quality.

Really? The difference in the advisor’s understanding of this offer is bizarre. Why would there be nothing on their website about this? Yet what I was told (no free AWD) was consistent with what I see in the ‘fine print’.

I hope you’re right, and if true I’d pull the trigger and not wait for the trade-in program. But again, at this point I no longer see any in-stock Pures with DDP & SSP. So this may be all academic. I’ll find out tomorrow when the normal staff is in.
Check with SA/DA. I was didn't hear from my DA until about 4:30 EDT to find out more out yesterday's emails. Wish I had read the forum earlier today. Anyway, I was able to reserve a Fathom Blue with DDPro and SSPro at about 5:40 pm. My DA said there were available in all colors except Zenith Red which were all gone. Someone (I'm blaming you @hanifjenkins :) ) apparently took my Zenith Red one eariler in the day. My order configuration is already updated. I also did not hear anything about the AWD being discounted/free either and that isn't shown in the available promotion discounts.

Check with SA/DA. I was didn't hear from my DA until about 4:30 EDT to find out more out yesterday's emails. Wish I had read the forum earlier today. Anyway, I was able to reserve a Fathom Blue with DDPro and SSPro at about 5:40 pm. My DA said there were available in all colors except Zenith Red which were all gone. Someone (I'm blaming you @hanifjenkins :) ) apparently took my Zenith Red one eariler in the day. My order configuration is already updated. I also did not hear anything about the AWD being discounted/free either and that isn't shown in the available promotion discounts.
Lol... My DA was very responsive with all my questions and a call yesterday. I'm glad I got the color. Looking for a good ceramic company in Atlanta now.

So you got the SSP & DDP promotion but paid for AWD, correct? That’s consistent with what I’ve heard and the written promotion.

So you got the SSP & DDP promotion but paid for AWD, correct? That’s consistent with what I’ve heard and the written promotion.
As far as I know. We only talked about the free SSP and DDPro. There was no mention of AWD being free nor as you mention does it show up when you look at available cars. The updated order only shows the full configuration price (with new pricing consistent with old legacy pricing) with no indication of the promotion discounts. I texted my DA to figure out where the written confirmation of the discount will be reflected and asked about possible AWD discount as well.

Lol... My DA was very responsive with all my questions and a call yesterday. I'm glad I got the color. Looking for a good ceramic company in Atlanta now.
I had company yesterday and didn't even see the email notice until last night. Apparently there were only 5 of fully configured Zenith Red Pures available to start with. Now to make me feel better I'm telling myself I won't have to worry about every speck of dust and microscratch staring me in the face.

Whatever it is, it’s a sweet deal now, beats earlier deal or .99% financing deal.

If I didn’t get EV, MB S-Class would be my choice. But, since I went electric, Lucid Air is my first choice. MB EQS may be my 2nd. Both are great EV and comfortable, but only 1 full size sedan in this household.
I have to say, I’m so happy I got my DE, and that I happened to get it at a very low financing rate (1.54%) and that I get to drive it without worrying about all the pricing nonsense that came afterwards.

For me it was simple: all included, set price, before the prices increases of the pandemic. Plus I’ve been driving it since.

Honestly, sounds like a great deal; I’d take it and stop looking back :)

I have to say, I’m so happy I got my DE, and that I happened to get it at a very low financing rate (1.54%) and that I get to drive it without worrying about all the pricing nonsense that came afterwards.

For me it was simple: all included, set price, before the prices increases of the pandemic. Plus I’ve been driving it since.

Honestly, sounds like a great deal; I’d take it and stop looking back :)
I don't mind the pricing nonsense. If I can get a fully loaded pure at the price of a RWD, I'll deal with it. I'm glad I waited actually. A deal like this only comes along in rare instances. Everything must align.

I don't mind the pricing nonsense. If I can get a fully loaded pure at the price of a RWD, I'll deal with it. I'm glad I waited actually. A deal like this only comes along in rare instances. Everything must align.
I heard back from my DA today that the AWD $5k credit is only offered to those as an upgrade to those with a RWD order. Since I have a Pure AWD order, it does not apply for me. It's still a great deal with the $11,900 credit on the SSP and DDPro; the extra $5k would have been even more gravy.

I heard back from my DA today that the AWD $5k credit is only offered to those as an upgrade to those with a RWD order. Since I have a Pure AWD order, it does not apply for me. It's still a great deal with the $11,900 credit on the SSP and DDPro; the extra $5k would have been even more gravy.
So this feels to me like an incentive to keep making AWD and push the release of RWD back a bit more. I suppose we could hear more about this on the earnings call.

You will get the AWD for free.
Right. Meaning they don't want to build RWD yet. Is my point. They are delaying the build of that model even further. I believe the plan was to have those shipping by fall at one point.

You will get the AWD for free.
I got a message from my DA saying something like did you see the new offers? No mention of a free upgrade from RWD order to AWD for free. I'll certainly ask.

Back