Pure Standard Equipment

Today I received an email from Lucid requesting me to sign a revised purchase agreement (previously signed 30 days ago). The new purchase agreement removed the "Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara" $800 option.

In a conversation with my DA this afternoon, I am told that is now included as standard equipment. I'm not so sure that it is. The included standard does not state "Alcantara" in the description - just "Mojave PurLuxe". I'm actually ok with saving the $800.

Anyone else with information on this?

Today I received an email from Lucid requesting me to sign a revised purchase agreement (previously signed 30 days ago). The new purchase agreement removed the "Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara" $800 option.

In a conversation with my DA this afternoon, I am told that is now included as standard equipment. I'm not so sure that it is. The included standard does not state "Alcantara" in the description - just "Mojave PurLuxe". I'm actually ok with saving the $800.

Anyone else with information on this?
I noticed that the website had removed the option so maybe it is now standard.

Makes sense from a production slimming standpoint. They can always bring it back as an option later.

The alcantara looks so nice in any vehicle, but especially the Lucid. I wouldn’t want to go without it, it has a nice “luxury vibe” to it.

Or perhaps it is simply no longer available on the Pure.
I had noticed it was no longer an option when finalzing the design, so I called customer service and they confirmed that Alcanterra is now standard on the Pure. Glad to see they are revising the cost for people who previously ordered it.

I had noticed it was no longer an option when finalzing the design, so I called customer service and they confirmed that Alcanterra is now standard on the Pure. Glad to see they are revising the cost for people who previously ordered it.
That is a positive

That is great news! If true.... Thanks Lucid!

It looks like I’m going ahead with my 2 1/2 year old Pure RWD reservation. The one stat I still see conflicting info on is battery size. In some sources it’s stated as 92kW and in others 88kW. I’m assuming it’s 88kW based on the confirmed 92kW for the Pure AWD. It wouldn’t surprise me that they dropped the capacity a bit given the loss of one motor.

Does anyone have definitive information on that?

It looks like I’m going ahead with my 2 1/2 year old Pure RWD reservation. The one stat I still see conflicting info on is battery size. In some sources it’s stated as 92kW and in others 88kW. I’m assuming it’s 88kW based on the confirmed 92kW for the Pure AWD. It wouldn’t surprise me that they dropped the capacity a bit given the loss of one motor.

They have never specified this. Personally I don’t think they’d want to take the hit on the max range by dropping the extra pack. I don’t think the lack of second motor would make up for that. But who knows? They will have to announce specs eventually.

I really think that it has less KW of battery, 88 as you said.
This is because lucid motors are permanent, so they cannot shut off the rear motor and use the more efficient front one. Both have to be used at the same time, which is obviously less efficient than only 1 rear motor. Therefore, since it has slightly less range I think it has a lesser battery KWH.

Also, what made you change your mind over the electrified g80? Was it the storage space?

Joe, they did announce the range for the RWD and as I recall that is 406. The AWD variant is 410, so an insignificant loss of 4 miles. What that loss can be attributed to, who knows. I suppose it could be nothing more than the test variation or, possibly, a battery size alteration. Again, who knows? I would think from an assembly line efficiency standpoint it would make more sense to simply go with the same battery used in the AWD. I suppose the bottom line is that between 406 & 410, it makes little difference in the real world.

As an aside, we were able to take our 2nd test drive yesterday with a Pure AWD and, unlike our first test drive, were able to get on the highway. Very impressive handling that seems to combine the handling of my BMW i4 with the ride of my Genesis G80.

I really think that it has less KW of battery, 88 as you said.
This is because lucid motors are permanent, so they cannot shut off the rear motor and use the more efficient front one. Both have to be used at the same time, which is obviously less efficient than only 1 rear motor. Therefore, since it has slightly less range I think it has a lesser battery KWH.

Also, what made you change your mind over the electrified g80? Was it the storage space?
Honestly the G80 is a great car, but going from it to our i4 is quite different in terms of handling. I think that's what I feel I'm missing. True the storage space isn't great in the G80, but for me it's not a reason for switching. Combining the best attributes of both cars is and the Lucid's looks doesn't hurt either. I will lose certain G80 features like the soft close doors, massage seats (that I've actually never used other than one time when it turned on automatically), but that's fine. The biggest issue is the hit you take on resale/trade...ouch.

It appears that Lucid may have a trade in program by the time my car would be ready. That would save me the tax difference on a trade, which is certainly significant. I might even consider pushing the delivery time back a bit to coincide with the launch of the program, assuming that's possible.

Honestly the G80 is a great car, but going from it to our i4 is quite different in terms of handling. I think that's what I feel I'm missing. True the storage space isn't great in the G80, but for me it's not a reason for switching. Combining the best attributes of both cars is and the Lucid's looks doesn't hurt either. I will lose certain G80 features like the soft close doors, massage seats (that I've actually never used other than one time when it turned on automatically), but that's fine. The biggest issue is the hit you take on resale/trade...ouch.

It appears that Lucid may have a trade in program by the time my car would be ready. That would save me the tax difference on a trade, which is certainly significant. I might even consider pushing the delivery time back a bit to coincide with the launch of the program, assuming that's possible.
I think that a private sale may be more efficient.. dont forget trade-ins actually have to be LESS than the market value for the trade in company to be profitable.

Sure, totally understandable that a trade in company wants to be profitable, but with the tax being calculated on the net price after trade in, as is standard in NY, you can often get reasonably close to the value of a private sale without the private sale hassle.

Sure, totally understandable that a trade in company wants to be profitable, but with the tax being calculated on the net price after trade in, as is standard in NY, you can often get reasonably close to the value of a private sale without the private sale hassle.
Many states only impose sales tax on the net cost after trade-in. I agree with Lucken that the benefit of the trade-in on sales tax, to me, offsets the burden of a private sale.

with the temporary price reductions, you should buy now instead of waiting.

with the temporary price reductions, you should buy now instead of waiting.
If they had a currently active trade in program I probably would, but most of the cars they’re showing don’t have DD Premium or Pro. I’d rule those out right away for not having the bird’s eye view feature. I’ve gotten too accustomed to that feature over the years.

I‘ll probably speak to my inside sales advisor tomorrow. Otherwise my legacy pricing isn’t going anywhere on my original order to which I’ve added DD Premium.

Last edited:
If they had a currently active trade in program I probably would, but most of the cars they’re showing don’t have DD Premium or Pro. I’d rule those out right away for not having the bird’s eye view feature. I’ve gotten too accustomed to that feature over the years.

I‘ll probably speak to my inside sales advisor tomorrow. Otherwise my legacy pricing isn’t going anywhere on my original order to which I’ve added DD Premium.

DD Premium and Sound Pros are FREE now for month of August! You can add them and take $11,900 off at check out! What a deal!

DD Premium and Sound Pros are FREE now for month of August! You can add them and take $11,900 off at check out! What a deal!
Yup, I know, definitely a great deal, but why do only a few cars show they have DD Premium & SS Pro? I thought Lucid was no longer adding the hardware necessary for these features in all cars. So if the car didn’t have the hardware initially, it couldn’t be switched on in software. I could be wrong.

Back