Pure Standard Equipment

You will get the AWD for free.
And right you are and here I doubted you! I spoke with my sales advisor today and sure enough, I'm upgraded to AWD, SSPro & DDPro. So all this actually winds up costing less than my base level Pure to which I had added the $2,000 DD Premium. Crazy good deal, they'll move lots of cars with this kind of pricing. We went to both the Plainview service center today as well as the Manhasset Studio to give a final look to our 2 colors under final consideration, Cosmo Silver & Fathom Blue. Both are beautiful but we went with Fathom Blue.

The 2 1/2+ year wait is coming to an end. The only downside to my deal is that the launch of the trade-in program will almost certainly not take place until after I receive my car. So now I've got to sell my Electrified Genesis G80, which was a really nice car.

And right you are and here I doubted you! I spoke with my sales advisor today and sure enough, I'm upgraded to AWD, SSPro & DDPro. So all this actually winds up costing less than my base level Pure to which I had added the $2,000 DD Premium. Crazy good deal, they'll move lots of cars with this kind of pricing. We went to both the Plainview service center today as well as the Manhasset Studio to give a final look to our 2 colors under final consideration, Cosmo Silver & Fathom Blue. Both are beautiful but we went with Fathom Blue.

The 2 1/2+ year wait is coming to an end. The only downside to my deal is that the launch of the trade-in program will almost certainly not take place until after I receive my car. So now I've got to sell my Electrified Genesis G80, which was a really nice car.
I, for one, will be very interested in what kind of trade-in offer you get from Lucid.

Ah! Previously you stated that you liked RWD cars for their handling, have you changed your mind after test driving it?

I, for one, will be very interested in what kind of trade-in offer you get from Lucid.
You didn't see my last sentence. The trade-in program will more than likely kick in after I receive my car. So I'm getting prices from the standard car buying outlets.

Ah! Previously you stated that you liked RWD cars for their handling, have you changed your mind after test driving it?
I do. In the case of the BMW i4, several reviewers stated they preferred the handling of the RWD i4 as opposed to the AWD. Now in the case of the Lucid, we obviously have no idea since nobody has driven one, but after our last test drive I have no qualms about AWD in the Lucid and, besides that, it's impossible to pass up on this deal. :)

I do. In the case of the BMW i4, several reviewers stated they preferred the handling of the RWD i4 as opposed to the AWD. Now in the case of the Lucid, we obviously have no idea since nobody has driven one, but after our last test drive I have no qualms about AWD in the Lucid and, besides that, it's impossible to pass up on this deal. :)
One difference between the Lucid and the Genesis is that the G80 can disable the front motors to cruise in RWD. The Lucid can't do that.

One difference between the Lucid and the Genesis is that the G80 can disable the front motors to cruise in RWD. The Lucid can't do that.
True, but hardly enough of a differentiator for me to keep it and that can only be done in Eco mode. In my testing there was very little difference in range between Eco & Comfort.

True, but hardly enough of a differentiator for me to keep it and that can only be done in Eco mode. In my testing there was very little difference in range between Eco & Comfort.
I agree. I was only commenting on the difference. However, my performance model does default back to RWD except when I am accelerating in Sport mode or comfort mode.

Legacy customers get AWD for free as well. So, for the month of August, you get a fully loaded Pure for the cost of your Legacy base plus paint cost. I'm going to proceed with the purchase of my Pure now. Plus you can get 4.99% financing for 72 months. I can't turn the down. I've been on the fence leaning towards a Telse model 3 highlander refresh. With the recent promotion, I'm back with Lucid.
Triple Blessings to you. Thanks for the heads up. I just upgraded my Pure order for free AWD, SSP, and DDP.

I got my revised order, however it shows the full price on AWD, SSP & DDP. I’m sure the deductions are taken off at a later date, so if others see that I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

Don't count your chickens until they hatch. Yesterday both my SA and DA confirmed I had it. Today, I'm told I don't have it. I'm really pissed off at Lucid right now. The issue, as I'm told, is the car reserved was in a different region of the country (not sitting in AZ.). Despite the delivery charge, they don't want to ship outside their region. So, I'm back to searching for alternatives.

Last edited:
Guess what? Just got a call that I'm back in the game. I'm looking at the egg. Let's see if it hatches. At least now I'm in "Preparing for Delivery" and I have a VIN.
That’s exciting! Congratulations

Does anyone know if all Pures being delivered right now have the same DDPro hardware? Is it still only a software limitation or are there hardware differences now?

Does anyone know if all Pures being delivered right now have the same DDPro hardware? Is it still only a software limitation or are there hardware differences now?
It is a hardware limitation. If the car doesn’t have the hardware you won’t get what ever the DDPro advantages are. There is an intermediate option called DDPremium which will give you the Birds Eye parking view.

In the meantime I never did get the new purchase agreement, so my Saturday delivery is becoming doubtful.

It is a hardware limitation. If the car doesn’t have the hardware you won’t get what ever the DDPro advantages are. There is an intermediate option called DDPremium which will give you the Birds Eye parking view.

In the meantime I never did get the new purchase agreement, so my Saturday delivery is becoming doubtful.
Is it just the LiDAR that is missing hardware-wise? DDPremium is available on any car then?

Is it just the LiDAR that is missing hardware-wise? DDPremium is available on any car then?
I’m not sure what the actual missing hardware would be, but DDPremiun also must have the hardware…I’m assuming the necessary cameras.

Back