Pure Standard Equipment

I got my revised order, however it shows the full price on AWD, SSP & DDP. I’m sure the deductions are taken off at a later date, so if others see that I wouldn’t be overly concerned.
It will come off when you receive your final paperwork.

I got my revised order, however it shows the full price on AWD, SSP & DDP. I’m sure the deductions are taken off at a later date, so if others see that I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

You will get the full details with the DocuSign (electronic signing for the Purchase Agreement). I didn't see it either until that arrived. I needed to check my Junk folder.

Last edited:
I've been on the fence about completing my order. I've been worrying about the issues and lack of service in my area (Atlanta). I've been told by my DA that they will have one in Roswell GA area December 2023. This is a great deal however I want to make sure those earlier issues have been addressed. I've been saving for years and want my investment to be a good value. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

You will get the full details with the DocuSign (electronic signing for the Purchase Agreement). I didn't see it either until that arrived. I needed to check my Junk folder.
Thanks, I got it prior to delivery. On another note, do you know what a manufacturing date of 51/23 means? Is the January 1, 2023 or May 1, 2023 or none of the above?

@hanifjenkins, I may just be lucky thus far or the QC has improved significantly, but my car has had zero issues. A very pleasant surprise.

Thanks, I got it prior to delivery. On another note, do you know what a manufacturing date of 51/23 means? Is the January 1, 2023 or May 1, 2023 or none of the above?

@hanifjenkins, I may just be lucky thus far or the QC has improved significantly, but my car has had zero issues. A very pleasant surprise.
For most companies that would mean the 51st week of 2023. That means that if this is what it means, it also means that Lucid is using a fiscal year or something like it rather than a calendar year.

I've been on the fence about completing my order. I've been worrying about the issues and lack of service in my area (Atlanta). I've been told by my DA that they will have one in Roswell GA area December 2023. This is a great deal however I want to make sure those earlier issues have been addressed. I've been saving for years and want my investment to be a good value. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Mobile service can address most issues and they'll come to you. If it's bad enough that it requires a service center I'd hope they'd arrange transport, but who knows. It's a risk, but at least you know a local service center will be there soon.

One error here. My 2023 Air Pure was missing the frunk cargo cover, and I was told that Lucid recently stopped installing that part as a standard item. I was told that if I wanted one, I had to order it. I tried escalating the issue to no avail, with the argument that a change like that should take place, if at all, as model years transitioned. After all, the 2023 Air Pure I looked at on the day I ordered had one, but the car I got a few weeks later did not. Made little sense to me.

One error here. My 2023 Air Pure was missing the frunk cargo cover, and I was told that Lucid recently stopped installing that part as a standard item. I was told that if I wanted one, I had to order it. I tried escalating the issue to no avail, with the argument that a change like that should take place, if at all, as model years transitioned. After all, the 2023 Air Pure I looked at on the day I ordered had one, but the car I got a few weeks later did not. Made little sense to me.
Wait, what? That seems like a stupid omission. Yes, most people take it off anyways but it should be standard IMO...

Hmmm. I know they recently redesigned the frunk cover, because the Airs at the LA Auto show had the new design. It's a nice improvement. But to not ship it in the car as standard? That seems odd. Unless they truly are going that route for 2024, which would surprise me.

Maybe push back a little with your delivery assistant or Customer Care and see what they say.

When did you get delivery? Sept pure here and I have the trunk cover (actually it's sitting in my garage as I keep it off for the improved space)

My Pure was both built and delivered in 11/23, so I'm guessing that both 2023 and 2024 models may have been on the assembly line at the same time. I think they simply picked some arbitrary date to stop installing it on the line, rather than dealing with the complication of handling it as a model year transition. Simpler from a manufacturing perspective, but perhaps not so from a customer sat perspective. I did escalate it through a couple channels, as was suggested. I don't view it as all that big a deal, as I think I've been treated quite fairly otherwise.

Hmmm. I know they recently redesigned the frunk cover, because the Airs at the LA Auto show had the new design. It's a nice improvement. But to not ship it in the car as standard? That seems odd. Unless they truly are going that route for 2024, which would surprise me.

Maybe push back a little with your delivery assistant or Customer Care and see what they say.
What does the new cover look like? I never checked at the show.

It’s attached at the rear so it doesn’t pull out, although it can be removed with greater force. It’s a better design, to be honest.

Looks pretty similar, although the handle is slightly different. But when you fold it up it can stand on its own. So no need for the magnet trick a lot of us have done to ours. Makes it easier to put something in the lower area and then fold the cover back over it.

Back