Strange Behavior

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
So something strange is going on with my Dream P. My wife went out to the garage this morning and while she was there the car "woke up". She didn't have anything on her that should have caused this to happen. So I went to the garage after she came in and the car was locked as usual. I didn't have my fob or iPhone with me. While I was moving some stuff around the car again woke itself up. I walked over and pushed in the door handle and it locked and went back to sleep. Then a short while later it woke itself up again. I have never noticed this behavior before and now I'm wondering if it might do this while parked somewhere else?? The only thing I'm aware of that is new is the phone app updated yesterday and now I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with this behavior?? Anyone else seeing this happen?

Maybe this is why some have reported so much phantom battery drain some nights. Please report this activity to the Mother Ship!

Interesting. I have the updated app and v1.2.6 on the car. I have my Fobs in a faraday bag and the phone quite a distance away. Faraday bag worked well as the car as the car stayed locked and in a deep sleep even when the fob was by the drivers door. Took a LOOOONG time to awake when I pulled the fob out of the pouch. No real loss of charge overnight. Not shire what would wake it for you.

Just kidding but perhaps your neighbor also has a Lucid and his fob recognizes your car while he walks the dog!

So something strange is going on with my Dream P. My wife went out to the garage this morning and while she was there the car "woke up". She didn't have anything on her that should have caused this to happen. So I went to the garage after she came in and the car was locked as usual. I didn't have my fob or iPhone with me. While I was moving some stuff around the car again woke itself up. I walked over and pushed in the door handle and it locked and went back to sleep. Then a short while later it woke itself up again. I have never noticed this behavior before and now I'm wondering if it might do this while parked somewhere else?? The only thing I'm aware of that is new is the phone app updated yesterday and now I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with this behavior?? Anyone else seeing this happen?
Is it unlocked or just "booting up" like you queried it with the app?

Is it unlocked or just "booting up" like you queried it with the app?
It went through the whole "wake up" sequence. I just sent an email to Customer Service so we'll see what if anything they have to say. To the best of my knowledge we've never seen this behavior before.

Time to film this and call Travel Channel “Paranormal Caught on Camera” or “Ghost Adventures”. It’s probably just random ghost messing with fob or phantom electromagnetic energy charge up car for fun. 😆

1657385898129.png

It went through the whole "wake up" sequence. I just sent an email to Customer Service so we'll see what if anything they have to say. To the best of my knowledge we've never seen this behavior before.
But did it unlock? I.e. were you able to open the doors? You mentioned that you pushed the door handle and it locked and went to sleep. So were the door handled popped out?

Ever see the movie “Christine”???

Hmm that may explain my 40 miles of lost range overnight. I just updated to new app version also.

Charged at EA to 302 yesterday. Parked in the garage at 298. Ran an errand this AM and it showed 256 before departure. With 1.9 miles since last charge displayed on left. I’ll notify customer care if it repeats.

Hmm that may explain my 40 miles of lost range overnight. I just updated to new app version also.

Charged at EA to 302 yesterday. Parked in the garage at 298. Ran an errand this AM and it showed 256 before departure. With 1.9 miles since last charge displayed on left. I’ll notify customer care if it repeats.
Interesting. I walked into my garage last night without my phone/or fobs and car woke up as well. Also lost 30 miles of range parked over night in my garage. All key fobs are in faraday box. Also had issue with mobile key completely not working today and had to open with the valet card for the first time since updating to new app. I thought it was just a fluke but will see if it repeats as well

So it sounds like others are experiencing similar situation. Anyway I sent a message to Customer Service and heard back already from CJ. He asked me to try and pin down the time of occurences which I did. He said they will download the logs and review them and get back to me. Suggest any others experiencing this should also report it to Customer Service and maybe they will find a common denominator if its not the phone App update I did yesterday.

So it sounds like others are experiencing similar situation. Anyway I sent a message to Customer Service and heard back already from CJ. He asked me to try and pin down the time of occurences which I did. He said they will download the logs and review them and get back to me. Suggest any others experiencing this should also report it to Customer Service and maybe they will find a common denominator if its not the phone App update I did yesterday.
OK. I sent email to customer service as well

I’m
OK. I sent email to customer service as well
Yep just emailed, too. I realize three of us out of 2500 vehicles (guess, don’t hold me to that on earnings call 😂) isn’t necessarily a show stopper but any data should help.

I lost between 2 kWh and 3% of the battery in 3 hours today while the car was sleeping.

We have a trip this week and I’m kinda stressing because we will be away from the car for a week. If I plug in to avoid battery drain while it’s in the garage, there is the wake bug and stay on after it hits charge limit, too. What a time to be alive…. Might just have to take The Spaceship on the trip (kids are good at naming cars 😆).

I lost between 2 kWh and 3% of the battery in 3 hours today while the car was sleeping.
I think hot weather has something to do with battery temperature regulation. When I was out of country, I lost 11% in 28 days. When I got back, zi lost 3% overnight. 🤦‍♂️

Definitely something changed since app update. Mobile key not working. Deleted it and reinstalled and will work if I open app but doesn’t unlock car when standing next to it anymore. Going to check battery drain over next couple hours again as well

OK Lefty—-fess up….you’re really Stephen King, right?

Definitely something changed since app update. Mobile key not working. Deleted it and reinstalled and will work if I open app but doesn’t unlock car when standing next to it anymore. Going to check battery drain over next couple hours again as well
Since I was having a hard time with attempting to perform an update, Lucid replaced the Center Console Controller (CCC) and was able to perform the update for me. Of course, when I got the car, everything was reset and I had to renter all my information including HomeLink. After I resynced the mobile app, it would not unlock the car any more. All attempts to delete and re-pair the mobile app along with using another phone did not work. Lucid is coming out on Tuesday to fix this problem.

I’ve had this problem before and they had found that the Access Control Module (ACC) still had old mobile phone settings. After they reset and cleared out the module of the mobile phone settings, the mobile key worked.

This time, I suspect that they did not clear out the ACC after the CCC module was replaced, leaving old mobile settings in place.

It seems that the car will not automatically erase some items, such as WiFi passwords and presumably ACC mobile settings after a factory reset. It also seems to get the ACC mobile phone settings out of sync and not able to add new mobile pairings, if the old ones are still there.

Back