Strange Behavior

Do all of you guys experiencing issues use iPhone? I did not notice any behavior but I'm on android and I also don't use the mobile key.

Ok so I just tried an experiment. I went out to the garage with just my iPhone. I walked up to the car and it did not wake up or unlock. Then I gently pushed the door handle in and it immediately unlocked and woke up. Then I opened the Lucid App on my phone and locked the car. In the past it would unlock/wake up just as I approached the car but this time I did have to press on the door handle.

Ok so I just tried an experiment. I went out to the garage with just my iPhone. I walked up to the car and it did not wake up or unlock. Then I gently pushed the door handle in and it immediately unlocked and woke up. Then I opened the Lucid App on my phone and locked the car. In the past it would unlock/wake up just as I approached the car but this time I did have to press on the door handle.
My iPhone is not unlocking the car via proximity either now. I have generally carried the fob and I left it behind to try today. It will unlock within the app via tapping unlock button albeit a few mins it seems.

Lost 10 miles in 2 hours 😞 just now. Normally a 1-3 mile loss a night routine for us. I did send a note to customer service to notify

Same exact issue with me as well. Didn’t fix with delete and reinstall of mobile key

Okay I'm waiting to hear back from CJ at Customer Service if they found anything after going through the logs. In the meantime I would recommend you all avoid updating the phone app. Supposedly only was for "fixing bugs" but my iPhone worked perfectly before I updated so I'm pretty sure the App update is the problem.

We have a trip this week and I’m kinda stressing because we will be away from the car for a week. If I plug in to avoid battery drain while it’s in the garage, there is the wake bug and stay on after it hits charge limit, too. What a time to be alive…. Might just have to take The Spaceship on the trip (kids are good at naming cars 😆).
I just had my car parked outside at the beach for a week and it had minimal drain - only a few miles. I wouldn't worry.

It went through the whole "wake up" sequence. I just sent an email to Customer Service so we'll see what if anything they have to say. To the best of my knowledge we've never seen this behavior before.
Congratulations you’ve achieved key-less, fob-less, phone-less entry. The car is coded to your DNA now.

Okay I'm waiting to hear back from CJ at Customer Service if they found anything after going through the logs. In the meantime I would recommend you all avoid updating the phone app. Supposedly only was for "fixing bugs" but my iPhone worked perfectly before I updated so I'm pretty sure the App update is the problem.
Do you lock the car with the fob before going inside? If I don't lock it and let it lock itself, I have had this happen in my garage. I've played with it a bit. If you lock it with the fob, you can walk around with it in your pocket and it won't unlock again, but if you let it lock itself, it will unlock every time it detects the key.

Guess I just joined the club. The mobile key operation was slow in the past but it at least worked. Over the last few days, it’s basically non-functional. I only carry my mobile phone around and have done that since I got my car in May. My iphone is set to auto update, so the Lucid app may have been recently updated. Just sent customer service an email.

Do you lock the car with the fob before going inside? If I don't lock it and let it lock itself, I have had this happen in my garage. I've played with it a bit. If you lock it with the fob, you can walk around with it in your pocket and it won't unlock again, but if you let it lock itself, it will unlock every time it detects the key.
I think you may be on to something. I have been using the fob to lock the car when it automatically wakes up as I'm passing through the garage and don't really want it to go through the entire wake up process. So maybe it would be better to just let it lock itself by walking away?? I'll start doing that and see what happens.

so if i lock the car with the fob, does it ever unlocks itself? do you have to manually unlock it first before it resume the auto locking/unlocking? it's a neat feature if that's true.

so if i lock the car with the fob, does it ever unlocks itself? do you have to manually unlock it first before it resume the auto locking/unlocking? it's a neat feature if that's true.
If you walk away from its reach it will unlock again upon approach.

I think you may be on to something. I have been using the fob to lock the car when it automatically wakes up as I'm passing through the garage and don't really want it to go through the entire wake up process. So maybe it would be better to just let it lock itself by walking away?? I'll start doing that and see what happens.
No -I have found the opposite to be true. Locking it with the fob should stop the behavior, unless you are leaving its reach and re-entering it with the fob in your pocket.

I had an odd experience yesterday. I seldom use the cabin cool feature of the Air (not the app-activated feature but the one in which you use the Pilot Screen to enable car cooling for 45 minutes after you exit the car). But yesterday I had to park on the top deck at the airport while I went in for some business. When I came back to the car about 40 minutes later, the cabin was nice and cool with the A/C running. So I drove off. A few minutes later, while barreling down the interstate, the A/C cut off. I sort of freaked out, wondering if yet another software glitch had arrived. After several stabs at the "Auto" button on the A/C control panel, the system finally came back on. It then occurred to me that the system had timed out at the 45-minute mark of the cabin cool feature.

Why in the deuce would Lucid not have programmed this feature to return to normal A/C operation once the driver gets back in the car and begins driving?

I had an odd experience yesterday. I seldom use the cabin cool feature of the Air (not the app-activated feature but the one in which you use the Pilot Screen to enable car cooling for 45 minutes after you exit the car). But yesterday I had to park on the top deck at the airport while I went in for some business. When I came back to the car about 40 minutes later, the cabin was nice and cool with the A/C running. So I drove off. A few minutes later, while barreling down the interstate, the A/C cut off. I sort of freaked out, wondering if yet another software glitch had arrived. After several stabs at the "Auto" button on the A/C control panel, the system finally came back on. It then occurred to me that the system had timed out at the 45-minute mark of the cabin cool feature.

Why in the deuce would Lucid not have programmed this feature to return to normal A/C operation once the driver gets back in the car and begins driving?
Last time I used that feature after reading about it here, if you stop the cabin hold, your normal AC returns. Seems to only stop the AC when the timer goes to 0.

Last time I used that feature after reading about it here, if you stop the cabin hold, your normal AC returns. Seems to only stop the AC when the timer goes to 0.

Yeah, I figured that it would mean having to manually intervene to stop the cabin hold. But wouldn't it have been relatively easy to program the feature to cut off automatically when the driver gets back in the car and drives off . . . especially as the wait for all the software to spool up after you reenter the car is already long enough without having to take additional time to access the AC menu? It's just another version of the excessive steps you have to go through to close a garage door with Homelink when you're leaving home.

Yeah, I figured that it would mean having to manually intervene to stop the cabin hold. But wouldn't it have been relatively easy to program the feature to cut off automatically when the driver gets back in the car and drives off . . . especially as the wait for all the software to spool up after you reenter the car is already long enough without having to take additional time to access the AC menu? It's just another version of the excessive steps you have to go through to close a garage door with Homelink when you're leaving home.
I'm sure it's also "in the works" because it's a requested feature they can tweak it, but all anyone is asking for now is a visual display to show your doggo is being taken care of inside.

I had exact same experience on a quick bite stop by restaurant. 106F pilot cockpit reading outside. I was comfortable getting back in but later wondering why it only blow fan, not A/C cold air, even though cabin was comfortable. Then I starting thinking about the forum complaints made me feel I might be jinxed. Then I remembered I had it timered at 45 mins. Maybe there should be a countdown reminder on your dash or pilot cockpit instead. Something minor, I’m sure more and more refinements will come.

Back