Strange Behavior

I was comfortable getting back in but later wondering why it only blow fan, not A/C cold air, even though cabin was comfortable.

In my case yesterday, the fan went off, too.

This was on top of a recurrence two days earlier of the bass dropping out of the audio system until a reboot restored it. This is an issue I've had since the early days of owning the car, and Lucid has been aware of it for almost seven months. This is a software defect rather than a programming choice/omission such as the cabin cool feature . . . and I'm losing hope that Lucid is ever going to address it.

Yeah, I figured that it would mean having to manually intervene to stop the cabin hold. But wouldn't it have been relatively easy to program the feature to cut off automatically when the driver gets back in the car and drives off . . . especially as the wait for all the software to spool up after you reenter the car is already long enough without having to take additional time to access the AC menu? It's just another version of the excessive steps you have to go through to close a garage door with Homelink when you're leaving home.
It's definitely one of those head-slapping things where how it should behave is so obvious, but there probably just wasn't time to do it properly. I'd bet this is on their long list of improvements, but not a top priority, given the bigger issue of slowness, unreliable unlocking / locking, etc.

I had an odd experience yesterday. I seldom use the cabin cool feature of the Air (not the app-activated feature but the one in which you use the Pilot Screen to enable car cooling for 45 minutes after you exit the car). But yesterday I had to park on the top deck at the airport while I went in for some business. When I came back to the car about 40 minutes later, the cabin was nice and cool with the A/C running. So I drove off. A few minutes later, while barreling down the interstate, the A/C cut off. I sort of freaked out, wondering if yet another software glitch had arrived. After several stabs at the "Auto" button on the A/C control panel, the system finally came back on. It then occurred to me that the system had timed out at the 45-minute mark of the cabin cool feature.

Why in the deuce would Lucid not have programmed this feature to return to normal A/C operation once the driver gets back in the car and begins driving?

Yes, I hope they get this fixed. I've also noticed if you set remote temp to 68 degrees it also won't revert back to your preset cabin temp. When I walk up to car fans are running as if car is completely on, but still takes time for screens to boot.

I have not either programmed mobile key or connected to home Wi-Fi. Given both of these tech could car be trying to connect to just any device? In order to have car wake up all three radios (cell, BLE and Wi-Fi) have to always be on.

When I walk up to car fans are running as if car is completely on, but still takes time for screens to boot.
This is what I love about this car. It’s using energy at same time conserving energy. I think the software design in general is mostly good, it’s intuitive first time sitting in, but it can be tweaked bc lots of conflicts. By letting users having to so many ways to start the car, of course car will be restless and phantom drained. If this car can just have one method - TRADITIONAL FOB, all these fancy problems will go away, but no have to be fancy like Tesla giving multiple options for wider user experience thus created all these logical conflicts then later have to be debugged.

Personally, I wish they had just stuck to the Fob (along with the Fob proximity) just like most other cars. I also wish they had stuck with three Home link buttons on the rearview mirror. Call me an antique.

Every time my wife goes out to leave she wakes the car up with her "mobile key". She thinks it's kinda funny. I pretty much lose 1% per day (over the last three days) and I can live with that. My next experiment though will be to plug the car in and leave it plugged in to see if the losses are any greater.

Personally, I wish they had just stuck to the Fob (along with the Fob proximity) just like most other cars. I also wish they had stuck with three Home link buttons on the rearview mirror. Call me an antique.

Well, Antique, I'm with you on this one.

Me also. Trying to reinvent the wheel to make it square just complicates matters.

Every time my wife goes out to leave she wakes the car up with her "mobile key". She thinks it's kinda funny. I pretty much lose 1% per day (over the last three days) and I can live with that. My next experiment though will be to plug the car in and leave it plugged in to see if the losses are any greater.

Well, Antique, I'm with you on this one.

Me too! Given all the vulnerabilities I don't know why Mobile Key is an option. Can't cellphones be cloned without you knowing? I can see it now, insurance company "It shows you drove car away using your phone!" You plead "No I didn't!"

Me also. Trying to reinvent the wheel to make it square just
G8dEY7.gif

I don’t know, did someone said HomeLink list can be programmed up to 20 devices and that drop down list can be scrolled. Really? Are we all James Bond with that many identities and parking garages?
Also unlike traditional manufacturer components are all produced and Q/A by outsourcing, then reassembled outsourced components in plant for faster production; Lucid strategized in full vertical integration making their own powertrain, battery modules, software, Wunderbox charger, etc etc like Tesla business paradigm, thus everything will be much harder and take time to scale. But if they do succeed at scaling out and with all their proprietary techs, this motor company will be kicking everyone’s ass! It just takes time, Lucid has ambitious plan globally.
I checked with other Tesla owners, 2 miles a day is normal with them. But their batteries are smaller, so percentage-wise, our 2 miles is less than their 2 miles smaller battery.

Me too! Given all the vulnerabilities I don't know why Mobile Key is an option. Can't cellphones be cloned without you knowing? I can see it now, insurance company "It shows you drove car away using your phone!" You plead "No I didn't!"
Can one use the mobile app. Without the mobile key option?

I don’t know, did someone said HomeLink list can be programmed up to 20 devices and that drop down list can be scrolled.
15 devices per profile. But since each device is geotagged for the location it was programmed, only those that apply are displayed when approaching a location. The entire list is displayed otherwise.

I don’t know, did someone said HomeLink list can be programmed up to 20 devices and that drop down list can be scrolled. Really? Are we all James Bond with that many identities and parking garages?

Lucid correctly said that some owners will have multiple homes, each with multiple garage doors and gates.

However, they could still use buttons on a rearview mirror with an extra button to access programming to different sets of doors.

Or . . . they could simply program Homelink geofencing to bring up its menu when you back out of a garage, like some other carmakers do. It mystifies me why the Homelink system is much balkier in the Lucid than in the many other cars in which we've had it going back some years. It's hardly new technology.

Lucid correctly said that some owners will have multiple homes, each with multiple garage doors and gates.

However, they could still use buttons on a rearview mirror with an extra button to access programming to different sets of doors.

Or . . . they could simply program Homelink geofencing to bring up its menu when you back out of a garage, like some other carmakers do. It mystifies me why the Homelink system is much balkier in the Lucid than in the many other cars in which we've had it going back some years. It's hardly new technology.

I am not sure of the official term for it but right now there is no display of more than one program per screen. Floating app window?

They could use the screen as they are, but design it such that you don't have to lose your cameras and make it as close to 1-tappable as possible. They had to design something that worked for a wide range of use cases (including people with multiple homes), and was future-proof, and that, I think now, correctly led them to the touch screen rather than buttons. But it just seems like the feature needs a rethink, UX-wise.

Since it's on a screen, it seems it could be tailored to the individual's needs much more effectively. Only have 1 garage? No problem. Tap this one button on the screen (that's always visible and available no matter what other functions you have running. Have multiple garages? Try to determine which one you are near via location, and offer a dropdown in case it guessed wrong. And so on.

They just need to go back to the drawing board on this. And luckily, since it's all software, they can.

I am not sure of the official term for it but right now there is no display of more than one program per screen. Floating app window?

Not sure what you mean.

I have several remotes in my house that control multiple things. There is one button to choose what you're controlling, and then the other buttons shift to controlling that device. A mirror could have buttons controlling House 1, House 2, House 3, etc., with which house determined by one additional button.

The Homelink on our Tesla brings up the buttons to operate the garage doors as soon as we back out of the garage, just as it does when we approach the garage. Those buttons are simply overlaid on the main screen display. Lucid obviously has geofencing, as the Homelink buttons come up when we approach the garage. It's a mystery to me why they don't come up when we exit the garage. I know the camera views are on display during backing, but so are they in our Tesla, yet it still brings up the Homelink buttons at the bottom of the camera display.

15 devices per profile. But since each device is geotagged for the location it was programmed, only those that apply are displayed when approaching a location. The entire list is displayed otherwise.
That is ridiculous. So my wife and I can have 30 devices programmed.

I got my home garage geo-tagged to magically drop down that dropbox, but not community gate? Did I do something wrong? Or I need to program the gate key in front of community gate to get geotagged?

Yes because that's what i do all the time.
How do you turn mobile key option off? I only turned my phone Bluetooth off, is there something more than just that?

Back