Car asking for PIN when key fob is in the car

Huh, that's definitely interesting. Don't use the fob so that doesn't happen to me. Is it that much of a deal breaker to enter the PIN? Or can you install the Lucid app on her phone? You can still use the fob but it may stop asking for the PIN.
the problem in using the PIn is that the screen does not immediately pop up allowing you to enter the pin. I have the fob and my phone with me at all times and this still randomly happens.

Well, the "ENTER PIN" gremlin is back!

This problem was previously resolved by the support team resetting it, but it has now resurfaced after a three-month absence. It's very frustrating, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem relapsing again?"
A couple of days ago, I posted that the "ENTER PIN" gremlin came back.

Several forum members suggested I should UNINSTALL my Mobile Key and then REINSTALL the mobile key again. Away from my car, I looked at the mobile key on my phone. I selected the "Having Issues" TAB". It took me to Troubleshooting. There is a "Settings" button. I clicked on the "Settings " button. It then took me to a list of devices that are registered to my Bluetooth. The Lucid mobile key entry was one of the entries and there was a provision to reset/remove it. I DID NOT enact that provision. Instead, I browsed all the other entries. I saw a couple of entries that I do not recognize. I removed those. and saved.

This morning, when I went out to my Lucid, it recognized my mobile key right away, unlocked the doors, AND THERE WAS NO DEMAND FOR ME TO ENTER THE PIN!!!! The car started and everything went fine.

I have no idea what happened and how the "ENTER PIN" magically disappeared. Again, I DID NOT touch the Lucid Mobile Key setting. I DID NOT uninstall and reinstall the mobile key.

Maybe someone far smarter than I can help us understand what's going on!!

My car has started randomly asking for a PIN while I'm driving along. It doesn't seem related to where the phone is (mobile key only). It goes away after about 30 seconds and it doesn't ask again.

Had the same problem a few weeks ago. Random pin code, no pin code, a few days after pin code again. Numerous car resets (the card reset, the blinker reset, walking away reset) nothing worked.
Then I remembered the Air logo reset.
That fixed everything, I even think, my fob works in more intuitive way.

Ignore it and it goes away.

Received a "recall" letter from Lucid the other day. " .... something something something ... we fixed it."
I don't know what they are talking about...I thought it was for the wiper nuts.

I think they told me they did (what?) "over the air". I did not receive the asterisk thingie on the right shoulder of the gear thingie, and did nothing myself. It would seem that Lucid just constantly monitors and fixes the cars, working from a keyboard, then pressing "SEND".

cool !

Snap On must be pissed.

C’mon Bobby, some regimented workouts and you’ll be able to carry that fob with no problem at all. 😊
Nah, hes already ridiculously strong considering new iPhones weigh about as much as as my house. Besides, look at those BULGING muscles... 🤣

1710510164869.png

How many of you have done the Lucid crazy dance by your car with your FOB for 1-2 minutes for the car to wake up to present the handles? Insult to embarrassment, you get in and the freaking car asks for your PIN…

This is my worst nightmare whenever I’m driving someone. It’s happened a couple times in the year I’ve owned my car.

May I ask something; what is the actual factor that triggers the need for a PIN, if anybody has found that out yet?

How many of you have done the Lucid crazy dance by your car with your FOB for 1-2 minutes for the car to wake up to present the handles? Insult to embarrassment, you get in and the freaking car asks for your PIN…

This is my worst nightmare whenever I’m driving someone. It’s happened a couple times in the year I’ve owned my car.
I've never had to dance for anything over 10 seconds with the fob. 1-2 minutes is a lot. You could've unlocked it using the fob/pillar method in that time.

I've never had to dance for anything over 10 seconds with the fob. 1-2 minutes is a lot. You could've unlocked it using the fob/pillar method in that time.
99% of the time I have no problems with the FOB or mobile key. It’s that 1 out of 100 times especially when you’re driving someone who knows you love your car. 😉 I only learned about the FOB on pillar halfway through the ownership so I actually do this as instinct now when I carry the FOB when the handles are slow to present. But the PIN thing has been strange and randomly returning now, especially with the Android mobile key.

For me, 98% of the time there’s no delay whatsoever. The other 2%, perhaps 5 seconds.

I've had issues with both the PIN request and dancing outside of the car waiting for the handles to open for the nearly two years I've owned the car. I carry the fob, have my phone with me and the card. Just another issue I've had to come to accept owning the car.
I had a friend who was thinking of buying a lucid and asked me for a test drive. The delayed opening of the car and the request for the PIN both happened when I took him out in my car and I he said he was going to hold off on buying a Lucid to see if they worked out the kinks.

Photoshopped 😉
There, there, no need to be in denial... 🤣

But seriously, I 100 percent prefer a fob. Not for its simplicity (phones are FAR more convenient actually), but I just prefer the peace of mind that comes out of manually locking it instead of having to be like "Oh no, what if it didn't automatically lock and some thugs steal it?"

Ignore it and it goes away.
Well, I'm in the car wanting to drive and it asks me for the pin.
Do I ignore it and wait till it goes away, or enter the pin and go?

May I ask something; what is the actual factor that triggers the need for a PIN, if anybody has found that out yet?
I’m pretty sure it’s when the key is not detected. Both keys are pretty flakey so it Happens occasionally with mobile key or key fob even when you’re sitting in the car

Back