Car asking for PIN when key fob is in the car

How many of you have done the Lucid crazy dance by your car with your FOB for 1-2 minutes for the car to wake up to present the handles?
Don't be so negative :)
Take it as an another perk of owning the Lucid.
I never danced, now I became a pro.

How many of you have done the Lucid crazy dance by your car with your FOB for 1-2 minutes for the car to wake up to present the handles? Insult to embarrassment, you get in and the freaking car asks for your PIN…

This is my worst nightmare whenever I’m driving someone. It’s happened a couple times in the year I’ve owned my car.
With the fob? Never. I've never had to wait more than 2 seconds after arriving at the car for the handles to present. 99% of the time they are presented a few seconds before I reach the car.

True of my car and the two different Lucid rentals I've had.

I do have a tendency to fiddle with the fob in my coat pocket while I'm walking towards the car, or I have it in hand because I want to open the trunk or frunk, so maybe that helps wake them up?

How many of you have done the Lucid crazy dance by your car with your FOB for 1-2 minutes for the car to wake up to present the handles? Insult to embarrassment, you get in and the freaking car asks for your PIN…

This is my worst nightmare whenever I’m driving someone. It’s happened a couple times in the year I’ve owned my car.

Yup, I've been using fob with my loaner for the last week, and it's barely any better than the mobile key. You still have to dance around, and sometimes i have to take the fob out and manually unlock it.

Yup, I've been using fob with my loaner for the last week, and it's barely any better than the mobile key. You still have to dance around, and sometimes i have to take the fob out and manually unlock it.
When using my mobile key, even under the most favorable circumstances, I often had to "assist" the car by touch/pushing-in the door handle for the mobile key to connect/activate. My interpretation is:

> Lucid's door lock system went to sleep when idling. It takes "several seconds" to wake up.

Now, the ENTER PIN is, I think, a different problem. As I mentioned in a related post (on this string), I had the ENTER PIN problem 3 months ago. It was remedied after the SA reset and re-install the mobile key. But it came back again a couple of days ago. Now, it is "OK" again (see my other post in this thread). Given the totality of people experiencing this problem, I'd expect "ENTER PIN" to come back again.

The problem has been reported by many users. I think thee are potential timing/interferences/corruption problems with Lucid's mobile key. While the problem might seem trivial and an "inconvenience", as others have pointed out, it can be a real panic issue when you are stalled in a line of cars (e.g., a school drop off/pick-up) and unable to move.

Lucid should take this problem serious, assimilate the data cited in the various postings, and start an investigation and fix this problem in earnest.

When using my mobile key, even under the most favorable circumstances, I often had to "assist" the car by touch/pushing-in the door handle for the mobile key to connect/activate. My interpretation is:

> Lucid's door lock system went to sleep when idling. It takes "several seconds" to wake up.

Now, the ENTER PIN is, I think, a different problem. As I mentioned in a related post (on this string), I had the ENTER PIN problem 3 months ago. It was remedied after the SA reset and re-install the mobile key. But it came back again a couple of days ago. Now, it is "OK" again (see my other post in this thread). Given the totality of people experiencing this problem, I'd expect "ENTER PIN" to come back again.

The problem has been reported by many users. I think thee are potential timing/interferences/corruption problems with Lucid's mobile key. While the problem might seem trivial and an "inconvenience", as others have pointed out, it can be a real panic issue when you are stalled in a line of cars (e.g., a school drop off/pick-up) and unable to move.

Lucid should take this problem serious, assimilate the data cited in the various postings, and start an investigation and fix this problem in earnest.
As a general "Rule-of-Thumb":

> if I encounter a problem but no one else has reported the same, it is an "Operator Error"
> if I and 10 others have reported the same, it is "Operator Error and Failure to Read the Operating Instructions"
> if @Bobby reports the same problem, it is a "Genuine Bug"!

Therefore, "ENTER PIN" is now a "Genuine Bug". :cool:

Don't be so negative :)
Take it as an another perk of owning the Lucid.
I never danced, now I became a pro.
It's not negative. I'll take 99% FTW. It's that one time:
1000012994.gif

As a general "Rule-of-Thumb":

> if I encounter a problem but no one else has reported the same, it is an "Operator Error"
> if I and 10 others have reported the same, it is "Operator Error and Failure to Read the Operating Instructions"
> if @Bobby reports the same problem, it is a "Genuine Bug"!

Therefore, "ENTER PIN" is now a "Genuine Bug". :cool:
Sounds about right.

Enter PIN comes up more often than not, but if I wait a second or two (sometimes five) it goes away. That’s after replacing the battery and doing the isopropyl alcohol thing - before I did it I always had to enter the PIN.

My car has not ever unlocked by my approaching or locked when I walk away. I’ve toggled those options off and on, removed and re-paired both my fob and my phone, done profile switching, and done the logo reset. I suppose I should call customer service but I came from a car without proximity lock/unlock so I don’t mind that much.

Enter PIN comes up more often than not, but if I wait a second or two (sometimes five) it goes away. That’s after replacing the battery and doing the isopropyl alcohol thing - before I did it I always had to enter the PIN.

My car has not ever unlocked by my approaching or locked when I walk away. I’ve toggled those options off and on, removed and re-paired both my fob and my phone, done profile switching, and done the logo reset. I suppose I should call customer service but I came from a car without proximity lock/unlock so I don’t mind that much.
It should work at least 80% of the time 😅 did you enable all the BT options on your phone like always allow and precise location? How does your car open and close if your mobile key doesn't work then?

It should work at least 80% of the time 😅 did you enable all the BT options on your phone like always allow and precise location? How does your car open and close if your mobile key doesn't work then?
Yeah I have all the BT options enabled. I just use the fob to open it, or the app. I have the card in my wallet as a backup.

Back