Referral code: Q1JU0G9U
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
23' Air Touring
Referral Code
Q1JU0G9U
IMG_5962.jpeg

I woke up early today, took a drive and got the “you need a coffee break” message. As usual, I ignored it. After a while, I got this RED message on my screen - UNSAFE DRIVING DETECTED. Does anyone know how this works? Why did it pop up and how do I turn it off?

I have to admit I got a little scared the car was going to come to a stop! Ha.

View attachment 16631

I woke up early today, took a drive and got the “you need a coffee break” message. As usual, I ignored it. After a while, I got this RED message on my screen - UNSAFE DRIVING DETECTED. Does anyone know how this works? Why did it pop up and how do I turn it off?

I've never seen that. Even when the car was being driven unsafely!

View attachment 16631

Perhaps it could be specifically because you were on adaptive cruise?

Never heard of this alert before..

Perhaps it could be specifically because you were on adaptive cruise?

Never heard of this alert before..
I was actually using Highway Assist but a small segment of the highway was not available for HA so it dropped me to adaptive cruise.

View attachment 16631

This is part of the drowsy driver alert system. It tracks your eyes based off the picture you took in your profile. So if your eyes seems droopy or nodding off it'll alert you. You can disable it, but my experience is that it's pretty good at detecting when I'm sleepy, stupid car.

This is part of the drowsy driver alert system. It tracks your eyes based off the picture you took in your profile. So if your eyes seems droopy or nodding off it'll alert you. You can disable it, but my experience is that it's pretty good at detecting when I'm sleepy, stupid car.
Yeah - I want to be annoyed at it but it hasn’t yet been wrong, so it’s hard to be annoyed at it.

The two times it’s popped up it’s been totally right; I was exhausted.

I seem to remember reading way back when that, if you continue to ignore the escalated warnings, the system actually will slow your car down and eventually stop (assuming you might have had medical emergency).

Maybe I should rescan my face again so it has my normal eyes. I was probably so happy I just got the car that I looked really energetic when I did the first scan. Now normal I may look droopy.

View attachment 16631

It sounds scary, but it's just a "Drowy Warning."

In theory, if it can analyze that you are drowsy by gathering the data from your eyes, your steering...

You can enable or disable it from the DreamDrive menu. You can save that setting in your profile so you don't have to readjust it again on the next drives.

Maybe I should rescan my face again so it has my normal eyes. I was probably so happy I just got the car that I looked really energetic when I did the first scan. Now normal I may look droopy.

Get intoxicated or stoned first, then scan.

My wife and I once experimented with this feature. Suffice to say it may or may not work, but for those that it did work, I am glad to hear.

My wife grew increasingly unhappy with the experiments, and you know the saying...

Get intoxicated or stoned first, then scan.

Let me clarify. Get intoxicated or stoned first, then scan. But please don’t drive.

My wife and I once experimented with this feature. Suffice to say it may or may not work, but for those that it did work, I am glad to hear.

My wife grew increasingly unhappy with the experiments, and you know the saying...
You experimented with getting intoxicated or stoned and then scanning? 🤣

You experimented with getting intoxicated or stoned and then scanning? 🤣
No, a much saner way that doesn't involve illegal behavior. Be bold. Push the features to the limit.

Entirely possible.

Back