Software update 2.3.0

But Nick's note does not say that it will soon be rolling out. It says that it is rolling out. If the details are OK to post on X, they are certainly OK to post on lucidmotors.com.
The updates that are posted on lucidmotors.com are the ones that have already been delivered to your car. I agree it’s “OK” to post on their website, of course - but the reason it isn’t, yet, is because people haven’t received it yet. They’re just starting to now.

The updates that are posted on lucidmotors.com are the ones that have already been delivered to your car. I agree it’s “OK” to post on their website, of course - but the reason it isn’t, yet, is because people haven’t received it yet. They’re just starting to now.

Ahh... I think I get the distinction you are talking about now. So, you are saying that if I never get around to downloading 2.3.0 then it will never show up here. This is how it is worded: OTA (over-the-air) Software Updates History - All release notes from OTA software updates can be found here.
That led me to (I think reasonably) believe that I would see all of the released OTAs, whether I had downloaded them or not, which I think is the way it should be... with a note appended telling me whether I have downloaded each to the car or not.

Last edited:
That's a great point, @DeaneG, as perhaps many owners are not even on X. It would also be nice to very quickly get the details posted on the Lucid web site. As I write this note, 2.2.10 is the most recent update listed.
Correct, I've never had a Twitter account nor will have a X account...

counterpoint - it shows up in the car and in the app...
Volvo gives a week or two notice by email, with release notes, prior to the update appearing in the car and the app. IMO a more polished customer relationship than posting something on Twitter.

Another update without fixing this !
🙄🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

• IMG_1765.webp
    IMG_1765.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 75
An interesting flurry of Lucid activity today.... Along with the OTA announcement, I received an update to the Lucid app on the Google Play store, and a Lucid Customer survey. (I don't see any changes on the app related to the 2.3.0 OTA update though.)

Last edited:
. . . if I never get around to downloading 2.2.3 . . . .

Just a reminder to all Lucid owners:

"Failing to install required software updates within 30 days after notification that an update is available" will void the warranty.

An interesting flurry of Lucid activity today.... Along with the OTA announcement, I received an update to the Lucid app on the Google Play store, and a Lucid Customer survey. (I don't see any changes on the app related to the 2.2.3 OTA update though.)

An interesting flurry of Lucid activity today.... Along with the OTA announcement, I received an update to the Lucid app on the Google Play store, and a Lucid Customer survey. (I don't see any changes on the app related to the 2.2.3 OTA update though.)
Yep ... I got the survey as well. My response was overall positive except for the UX experience. I really hope that UX 3.0 improves the usability significantly!!!

Seriously????
Yep. Coming from Tesla, I at first thought Volvo's approach was a little dated, but I quickly grew to appreciate it. It's a regularly-occurring chance for a car manufacturer to connect with its customers.

Volvo OTA.webp

90 minute update so be prepared for this one!

Note that this is in effect ONLY if you get the notification for the update on your car or app. This does not mean 30 days after the update was announced.
So all the cars sitting in the Lucid Factory needs to be sold with in 30days to Void warranty :D

There were my top two wishes, too.

So YAY! and double YAY!

Now, bring up the Homelink commands automatically when backing out of the garage.
One gripe I have currently which I'm not sure if others feel the same, but when you put the car in away mode to maintain climate, it freezes your app. Meaning you can't do anything else from the app climate wise. and the dashboard In the car is black so you can't even open frunk, trunk, anything from inside.
And you can't turn off the hold climate from the app when you think you'll be taking longer inside then you originally thought, etc..

The only inconvenience is having to go to the car to turn it off, should be accessible from the app.

So all the cars sitting in the Lucid Factory needs to be sold with in 30days to Void warranty :D

I doubt if Lucid will enforce this in most circumstances. I only came upon this language after a call with my financial advisor. He has an earlier Dream Edition than mine, and he doesn't drive it very often. He went almost a year without doing any updates until the car went in for service and the service tech did them for him. It caused me to check the warranty.

My guess is that Lucid would only enforce it if the update was meant to correct an operational defect in the car and that defect caused or allowed damage to the car because the update had not been downloaded in a timely fashion.

Ahh... I think I get the distinction you are talking about now. So, you are saying that if I never get around to downloading 2.3.0 then it will never show up here. This is how it is worded: OTA (over-the-air) Software Updates History - All release notes from OTA software updates can be found here.
That led me to (I think reasonably) believe that I would see all of the released OTAs, whether I had downloaded them or not, which I think is the way it should be... with a note appended telling me whether I have downloaded each to the car or not.
I agree it’s worded confusingly, but that is the current state. Moreover, there are some secrets you can glean; scroll through the list and see if you have any duplicates or weird version numbers. I did, all the way back to some factory updates (possibly because I have a DE). And a number of updates seem to have been pushed to my car multiple times.

Another update without fixing this !
🙄🙄🙄🙄
And another update without setting up any of the very-easy-to-setup-workarounds to avoid tapping two extra times.

I know Lucid should fix this. I agree. But why this is such a big deal for people I will never understand lol

Back