Software update 2.3.0

I’ve noticed that the number of bars for cell service in the vehicle is less since the SW update. Wonder if they’re sending less power to the antenna.

I’ve noticed that the number of bars for cell service in the vehicle is less since the SW update. Wonder if they’re sending less power to the antenna.
My car's ability to decide where it is physically located by GPS (which, on phones, is normally augmented by cell service) also seems worse since 2.3.0, although this is purely anecdotal.

I don’t have 2.3.2 yet and I am on 2.2.10. I have ATT for my phone. I think the car has ATT as well. I always noticed that the car shows more bars in my garage than my Apple phone. Could it be that they made it more accurate in 2.3.2 where as 2.2.X version were over reporting the connection strength? Just a theory with some anecdotal data.

I saw somewhere that certain apps can cause problems with the way Bluetooth functions on a phone. I thought it was weird but it gave me an opportunity to clear up unused apps on my phone. Did it fix this issue? No but it does appear to have made it where it is less problematic. It’s worth a shot to try Of course your mileage may vary.

This may be just me, but I think y'all may be reading too much into the tea leaves.

I don’t have 2.3.2 yet and I am on 2.2.10. I have ATT for my phone. I think the car has ATT as well. I always noticed that the car shows more bars in my garage than my Apple phone. Could it be that they made it more accurate in 2.3.2 where as 2.2.X version were over reporting the connection strength? Just a theory with some anecdotal data.
That was my thought. The bars now echo my iPhone much more closely. Before I had way more signal.

Just got the offer for 2.3.10, am on 2.3.0. Scheduled for 10pm install since I'm using the car prior to that.

I had done this with Alexa. The problem for me is that if you were outside the garage and yelled “Alexa, open the garage” it would open. My house is full of Alexa devices and all it takes is for one of the devices to hear the command. For me this is a security risk I could not live with.
What if you just named the garage something else?

I have three garage doors. One of mine is called “fridge door”.

Back