Software update 2.3.0

I got this back from customer service a few minutes ago:

View attachment 22674
Let me know if it works. I had no luck with getting updates. OTA team was blaming WiFi but currently the car is next to a WiFi extender with excellent signal and not packet losses. I have a service appointment next week to figure out what is is going on. I don’t suspect connectivity anymore. We have tried this on two different internet circuits and on cellular connection. Not sure if I am the first lucky one with consistent download failures for updates no matter what network!

This update seems to have been one of the more bumpy ones of late and slower to roll out with a number of people all on different versions. Chatting to Peter on Sunday about the software he did say another update was due this week (minor) and a bigger one was due at the end of the month. Fingers crossed some more OTA goodness is coming our way soon

Is it just me or none of the KSA owners get the 2.3.x version update?
I'm still on 2.2.10

Is it just me or none of the KSA owners get the 2.3.x version update?
I'm still on 2.2.10
We're in this sort of limbo state right now where we all have slightly different versions. This has happened before, where Lucid discovers an issue with an update, then issues a patch to some while simultaneously holding the updates to anyone who hasn't gotten it yet.

This is exactly why they roll updates out piecemeal.

Soon enough there will be a new update that gets us all back on the same version number. I'd expect it in the next few weeks.

Anyone having radio/audio issues since 2.3.X??
Yes, i'm not sure if it's a bug with the audio or connectivity. I can have full bars and the radio is cutting in and out which the "Air" logo reset fixed. I was also using the navigation and it completely went offline yet the audio had no issues so not sure what is really causing the issue. Never had these issues though until this update. The "Air" logo reset fixes them when they happen though.

Just got my update to 2.3.2 pushed!

Hi, since I've gotten 2.3.2 updated we are having the rear door intermittently unresponsive when unlocking. It won't open from the outside or inside, which is a pretty big safety issue since we carry our dog back there.

Also, did the customer service change? I'm getting a no response on the. 888.925.8243, or 833.601.3372 with text. And the 888 number I just sit on hold endlessly. I emailed, but no response yet.

Any thoughts?

Hi, since I've gotten 2.3.2 updated we are having the rear door intermittently unresponsive when unlocking. It won't open from the outside or inside, which is a pretty big safety issue since we carry our dog back there.

Also, did the customer service change? I'm getting a no response on the. 888.925.8243, or 833.601.3372 with text. And the 888 number I just sit on hold endlessly. I emailed, but no response yet.

Any thoughts?
This is the number for phone/text that I have (which works): (888) 995-8243. I think you put a 2 where a 9 should be in the number you've been trying to use.

Is there a consolidated area to list issues with 2.3.x updates?

I updated to 2.3.2 on my Air Pure RWD this week and since then have these issues:
  • Significantly worse / no cell coverage where there used to be coverage. Constant signal dropouts despite prior good service and other device coverage
  • Mobile key experience is now almost useless (just partially useful before) - the mobile key requires me to stand dumbly by the car for 15-30 seconds pressing multiple door handles
  • Mobile app virtually non-existent connection - either vehicle is offline or even if online commands dont register with the car
  • Audio overlap - one audio source plays over another, no ability to control / play / pause stop the 2nd mystery audio source (except volume down or logo reset, not great while driving)

Prior to 2.3.2 I would have given software a 7/10. Now it's a firm 2/10 experience. Interested to hear if others have as many issues.

I updated to 2.3.2 on my Air Pure RWD this week and since then have these issues:
  • Significantly worse / no cell coverage where there used to be coverage. Constant signal dropouts despite prior good service and other device coverage
  • Mobile key experience is now almost useless (just partially useful before) - the mobile key requires me to stand dumbly by the car for 15-30 seconds pressing multiple door handles
  • Mobile app virtually non-existent connection - either vehicle is offline or even if online commands dont register with the car
  • Audio overlap - one audio source plays over another, no ability to control / play / pause stop the 2nd mystery audio source (except volume down or logo reset, not great while driving)

Prior to 2.3.2 I would have given software a 7/10. Now it's a firm 2/10 experience. Interested to hear if others have as many issues.
Oddly enough, all of the issues you have mentioned have always been an issue with lucid. The update didn’t fix nor unfix any of your above issues. In fact, I doubt they were even touched during the update.

For your key experience, make sure you have a fresh battery in the fob. It’s possible your fobs dead and your car is using your phone as the key which is a very slow process.

Oddly enough, all of the issues you have mentioned have always been an issue with lucid. The update didn’t fix nor unfix any of your above issues. In fact, I doubt they were even touched during the update.

For your key experience, make sure you have a fresh battery in the fob. It’s possible your fobs dead and your car is using your phone as the key which is a very slow process.

Thanks for your perspective. Certainly the mobile key was not flawless but I was using it 100% of the time during my (admittedly short) two month ownership period.

This could certainly be too much of a limited perspective to judge this update in isolation, but my perception is that all of these aspects have gotten markedly worse in the last 5 days since updating.

Thanks for your perspective. Certainly the mobile key was not flawless but I was using it 100% of the time during my (admittedly short) two month ownership period.

This could certainly be too much of a limited perspective to judge this update in isolation, but my perception is that all of these aspects have gotten markedly worse in the last 5 days since updating.
For mobile key if you experience worse outcomes, it's worth deleting it and redoing mobile key to see if it fixes your issue.

The mobile key will never be consistent based off its current implementation. The way this works is that your phone ultimately sends a text message to lucids cloud and lucids cloud authenticates the command and forwards it to your car. This happens on an interval naturally from iOS. This means that there are a ton of variables that affect this, including signal for both the car and your phone. You can also force that interval to happen by waking your phone but at the end of the day your phone can send the command and other factors may impact the response time.

The mobile key will never be consistent based off its current implementation. The way this works is that your phone ultimately sends a text message to lucids cloud and lucids cloud authenticates the command and forwards it to your car. This happens on an interval naturally from iOS. This means that there are a ton of variables that affect this, including signal for both the car and your phone. You can also force that interval to happen by waking your phone but at the end of the day your phone can send the command and other factors may impact the response time.
This is not accurate. Mobile key is entirely local bluetooth, no cell service or SMS involved. The buttons in the app use SMS, but not the mobile key.

I’ve got the connectivity issue. I’m on 2.3.0 and the connectivity is really unstable even when it says it has full signal. Have probably had to reboot the software 5 or 6 times now to restore connectivity vs having to reboot the software 5 or 6 times for the whole year prior to this update.

I only had an issue with mobile key once since the update. The app wouldn’t unlock the car nor would the mobile key. Again, a software reboot fixed this.

I don’t know what the solutions is, but maybe Lucid needs to cast a wider net for a beta test group vs whatever QC process they’re doing today.

This is not accurate. Mobile key is entirely local bluetooth, no cell service or SMS involved. The buttons in the app use SMS, but not the mobile key.
My fault, I was under the wrong impression. Thank you!

Back