Software updates

When I prepare to install an update I get a message on the Pilot Screen that all passengers must exit the car and that it cannot be opened during the download.
Correct. This has been true for every single update to date.

I tried to update my car with 2.3.10 this morning using the app. Car was 80% charged and plugged in.

I selected the update and confirmed to update now. The car went offline and didn't perform the update??

I went to the garage and started it from the cars screen (asked me to exist the car...) Worked fine that way.

Anyone else with issues from the App?

I tried to update my car with 2.3.10 this morning using the app. Car was 80% charged and plugged in.

I selected the update and confirmed to update now. The car went offline and didn't perform the update??

I went to the garage and started it from the cars screen (asked me to exist the car...) Worked fine that way.

Anyone else with issues from the App?
My app (and a few other folks I’ve spoken to) *looked* like it didn’t start, and went back to the “there is an available update” screen, but the car started it and was at 0% before moving up to 1 and so on. Installed fine, even if I hit the update button 3-4 times before I finally checked the car.

In my case, update is failing to download after multiple attempts by the OTA team and mobile tech. WiFi was suspected but I now have a range extender next to the car and I have switched to my backup ISP. It still doesn’t work. Nothing is visible to me the end user but OTA team saw attempts and failure to download. We tried on cellular for good measure but no dice.

Tech is coming next week to specifically troubleshoot this. Not sure what is going on and hoping to get to the bottom of this will all the cool stuff being rolled out. I am still on 2.2.10 - is the tree anyone else experiencing this issue?
I have the same problem. Still on 2.2.10. Customer service says they get repeated download failures when attempting to push the update to my car. I've noticed that the car will not stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have a strong signal and no other problems on the network. CS tried to tell me that it was probably because I had too many wifi devices on the network. My Deco mesh system has a max of 150 and I only have 55 connected. They got more download failures while I was talking to them and they could see that my car had a good wifi connection at the time. I think the problem is the car. It's going to the service center as soon as they get a new seat to replace my non-homeable seat that's keeping easy entry from automatically restoring to the driving position. Please let us know what you find out about your download failures.

I guess holding your finger down on the Smooth, Swift or Sprint buttons wasn’t obvious enough so they made the option appear by default. I preferred the pre 2.3.10 way.
At first I thought it was a stupid implementation and asked myself why did they bother with that when other things are more important. The problem is that as a daily driver we know the trick of holding down the button but to anyone else getting in the car they wouldn't have a clue about this hidden feature so I think the new way its implemented is smart.

At first I thought it was a stupid implementation and asked myself why did they bother with that when other things are more important. The problem is that as a daily driver we know the trick of holding down the button but to anyone else getting in the car they wouldn't have a clue about this hidden feature so I think the new way its implemented is smart.
I didn’t know it was there. :D

I would go to the settings/dream drive/regen.

I have the same problem. Still on 2.2.10. Customer service says they get repeated download failures when attempting to push the update to my car. I've noticed that the car will not stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have a strong signal and no other problems on the network. CS tried to tell me that it was probably because I had too many wifi devices on the network. My Deco mesh system has a max of 150 and I only have 55 connected. They got more download failures while I was talking to them and they could see that my car had a good wifi connection at the time. I think the problem is the car. It's going to the service center as soon as they get a new seat to replace my non-homeable seat that's keeping easy entry from automatically restoring to the driving position. Please let us know what you find out about your download failures.
I am on 2.3.10 now, but our stories are similar. Sorry for the long message that follows without super good conclusions.

I had repeated download failures as well. My home network is Deco, as well. However, I put the car on a secondary ISP (Optimum instead of AT&T) and put it on Zyxel running OpenWRT, to rule out ISP or Deco. I reached out to CS multiple times and requested the push, but nothing changed. I know they were requesting the OTA team to push it, but I am not sure if the OTA team followed through, as that feedback was not given to me. I am a washed-up network engineer, so I was pulling packets and doing network analysis. I noticed the car communicates with Lucid by establishing a VPN. I am positive this is how the app works as well once the car wakes up. It used the PKI cert to establish this VPN. Basically, it is an OpenVPN connection to an AWS EC2 server in the West region for me (I am in Texas). It was always using that EC2 server, as it is like it is hardcoded or pinned. I also observed that if the car is charging or if the climate system is on, it was keeping the VPN alive longer. So, I put the car on a 110v outlet and set the charging threshold high so that the car would charge for a good 10-12 hours. I'm not sure if this really made a difference, but that night, it downloaded 2.3.2. Again, this was on Zyxel router - not Deco,

I had a service appointment set to look at the issue for the next day. When the mobile tech came, I was still on the Zyxel router. He contacted the OTA team to push 2.3.10 but it failed right away. If this is truly a push versus the car being asked to pull it, it must need to happen over the VPN as well. If not, a push shouldn't work, considering the car is behind a home router and a Network Address Translation (NAT). Either way, it didn't work. They tried to disable the Wifi and try it over LTE, and the download started right away. But the cell signal is so weak inside my garage, and it was taking longer - like 6+ hours but the download was still happening. Due to it taking such a long time, the OTA team asked the mobile tech to connect to the service van hotspot, but it was still super slow. I suggested they try back the home network, and the theory was the download; once started, it would continue. At around the 8-hour mark, without much progress, they agreed to connect to my home network (Deco), and it started pulling down around 150mbps speed, and the download was completed in 10 minutes.

I think the regular download is a pull—the car wakes up and checks if there is something queued to pull down, and if so, downloading it. But what the OTA team was trying to do was push - something that is directly sent to the controller inside the car. It would be really good to get Lucid to confirm that. At this point, my conclusions are below. But more data is needed to confirm this,

1. Somehow, the regular downloads were failing over Deco. But it worked over a non-Deco (me getting 2.3.2 a day before the service visit) - I am assuming this was a pull. Not sure if that had any bearing on connected to a slow charger and still charging to make some "keep alive" process work.
2. But using the same setup, they couldn't push an update to the car. I am assuming this is a different method than the one in #1.
3. However, once the push was initiated over cellular, it continued while switching to multiple wireless networks, finally finishing connected to the home Deco mesh

I suggest a service visit. There are a couple of things to try in the meantime.

1. Try disabling the Wifi and leave it on LTE if you have a decent signal at the parking location. Give it a day or two to download.

If that doesn't work -

2. Try a different router and see if the staged download happens overnight. Try the 110v charging and see if that makes a difference if a night went by without an update on a different router.

Lucid basically told me my home wifi is blocking the download. But as you can see from the experiment, using different sets of routers and internet circuits, I can't conclusively say it is the Wifi, which means multiple Wi-Fi routers and multiple ISP circuits are somehow bad. I have no other issues with anything besides updating the car. I have full gig fiber to home. You will probably be told the same. But if Lucid is willing to work with us, if @mcr16 or someone else can get me in touch with the right engineering contacts, I am happy to spend as much as the time required to troubleshoot and document this, including any router configuration changes required. Once we figure this out and document it, it could help many other customers like us.

Please let me know how your issue got resolved and what your observations are once it is resolved. Hope we can come to better conclusions with more data. In the meantime, I am positive that this saga will continue with future OTAs for me.

Back