Software update 2.3.0

That's a great point, @DeaneG, as perhaps many owners are not even on X. It would also be nice to very quickly get the details posted on the Lucid web site. As I write this note, 2.2.10 is the most recent update listed.
That’s because it isn’t out yet. It’s coming.

Excited to have these updates. This is welcome news.

There seems to be more frequent software updates with the departure of Mike Bell.
That’s an unfair and unreasonable conclusion. Update frequency has been fluctuating since the initial release. The company is growing. We’re approaching the Gravity and UX3.0 release. I don’t think updates are coming any faster for one, and there are too many factors to arbitrarily say one person had anything to do with it either way.

Last edited:
That’s because it isn’t out yet. It’s coming.

But Nick's note does not say that it will soon be rolling out. It says that it is rolling out. If the details are OK to post on X, they are certainly OK to post on lucidmotors.com.

Last edited:
But Nick's note does not say that it will soon be rolling out. It says that it is rolling out. If the details are OK to post on X, they are certainly OK to post on Lucid.com.
On what website do you see info about Lucid versions? Are you talking about lucidupdates.com? The unofficial website run by @Bobby ?

I just got my car back yesterday from service with my new HV battery and other services. I am patiently awaiting this update. I love my car.

On what website do you see info about Lucid versions? Are you talking about lucidupdates.com? The unofficial website run by @Bobby ?

Lucid's official web site... lucidmotors.com. Owners only, I believe, as you need to have a VIN. Once you are logged in, the first category listed under the Dashboard includes tabs to current & prior owners manuals releases and OTA releases.

Lucid's official web site... lucidmotors.com. Owners only, I believe, as you need to have a VIN. Once you are logged in, the first category listed under the Dashboard includes tabs to current & prior owners manuals releases and OTA releases.
But that's just so inconvenient when www.lucidupdates.com has the same information without logging in!

Ahh, that is specifically showing the update history for your car in particular. Not to say there shouldn't be information about current/upcoming updates there, but that's not what that is currently.

I've had my Touring for 18 months and never hit the Sprint button. Guess I have no excuse now with the removal of the prompt.

The increased communication from Nick Twork is very welcome.

Note to Lucid: one nice thing that Volvo does - email car owners with a notice of a coming OTA, with a link to release notes. They don't twitter. I'd much rather hear about it directly from the car manufacturer than secondhand from a social platform owned by Elon.
Well,
President of the United States notified his staff through X about his decision to exit the presidential race. Some people may not want to get frequent emails about every robust updates. Some non Lucid owners or future owners may like to know the updates. Lucid enthusiasts will seek out the info one way or the other.

• Love
Reactions: DBV
Well,
President of the United States notified his staff through X about his decision to exit the presidential race. Some people may not want to get frequent emails about every robust updates. Some non Lucid owners or future owners may like to know the updates. Lucid enthusiasts will seek out the info one way or the other.
Poor choice of example there, haha
The POTUS also sent everyone who has contributed to his campaign an email and a text announcing that.
Lucid already has different email lists which you can opt into or out of, no reason there couldn't be an extra one for upcoming updates for those who prefer that.

But that's just so inconvenient when www.lucidupdates.com has the same information without logging in!

That's a great point, Bobby, and yours is my usual 'go to' site, but unless you get the details from Lucid in advance, there must be at least a little delay between Nick's posting on X and your posting on www.lucidupdates.com. For people like me who avoid X like the plague, it would be nice to have Nick post the same information he posts on X on lucidmotors.com.

Note to Lucid: one nice thing that Volvo does - email car owners with a notice of a coming OTA, with a link to release notes. They don't twitter. I'd much rather hear about it directly from the car manufacturer than secondhand from a social platform owned by Elon.
Seriously????

Geez, guys... A couple hopefully helpful suggestions built around praise seems to be taken as criticism. When Nick posts on X, which he certainly should continue doing, what's the harm with also posting the same information on lucidmotors.com? Similarly, we don't get so many releases that an email announcement would be some great inconvenience. I think it would also be a great idea for Lucid to give Bobby a heads-up on the details of any upcoming release, since we all know that we can count on him to be on it like white on rice.

Poor choice of example there, haha
The POTUS also sent everyone who has contributed to his campaign an email and a text announcing that.
Lucid already has different email lists which you can opt into or out of, no reason there couldn't be an extra one for upcoming updates for those who prefer that.
Using politics is never a good example, haha. Point is, X is a large platform and by using it even with just announcing updates is helping with brand awareness for free!

Cross traffic protection saved my bacon this weekend. I was backing out from a spot and, due to a van being next to me, couldn't see well to my right. The cross traffic protection alerted and then stopped my vehicle as someone came flying through the parking lot.

I appreciate that Lucid is giving us even more customization, but that's one feature in the update I don't think I'll be utilizing.

Cross traffic protection saved my bacon this weekend. I was backing out from a spot and, due to a van being next to me, couldn't see well to my right. The cross traffic protection alerted and then stopped my vehicle as someone came flying through the parking lot.

I appreciate that Lucid is giving us even more customization, but that's one feature in the update I don't think I'll be utilizing.
Options are good.

That's a great point, Bobby, and yours is my usual 'go to' site, but unless you get the details from Lucid in advance, there must be at least a little delay between Nick's posting on X and your posting on www.lucidupdates.com. For people like me who avoid X like the plague, it would be nice to have Nick post the same information he posts on X on lucidmotors.com.
Maybe, maybe not.

It's definitely a nice safety option to have. There's been a few times for me where the car thinks a car is approaching that is actually stopped or waiting for me to pull out but the cross traffic intervention grabs the brakes and prevents me from moving (sometimes multiple times), resulting in an annoying and awkward exit from the parking space. I think I'll personally prefer the warning only option to avoid this issue.

Back