Software update 2.3.0

Along with the OTA announcement, I received an update to the Lucid app on the Google Play store
They’re related. The app enables remote access to RangeXChange and battery preconditioning, but of course requires the latest software on the car for that as
well.

WUT !???!!!!
Not news. Been there the whole time. It’s just a CYA measure.

So all the cars sitting in the Lucid Factory needs to be sold with in 30days to Void warranty :D
*if* Lucid chose to enforce that for some reason, sure. These contracts don’t automatically get enforced by some robot; they would only push the 30 day OTA thing if it were somehow relevant or you were so insanely far behind that it was clearly your fault (aka you’re still on v1).

Even then, I guarantee they would try to fix it for you. This clause exists as a CYA measure, but I would bet they never enforce it in the lifetime of the company. They just *reserve the right to.*

IANAL, etc.

Solid update it looks to be…… however I wish there was a magic button to fix the obvious underperforming AC in the car.

They’re related. The app enables remote access to RangeXChange and battery preconditioning, but of course requires the latest software on the car for that as
well.

Not news. Been there the whole time. It’s just a CYA measure.

*if* Lucid chose to enforce that for some reason, sure. These contracts don’t automatically get enforced by some robot; they would only push the 30 day OTA thing if it were somehow relevant or you were so insanely far behind that it was clearly your fault (aka you’re still on v1).

Even then, I guarantee they would try to fix it for you. This clause exists as a CYA measure, but I would bet they never enforce it in the lifetime of the company. They just *reserve the right to.*

IANAL, etc.
CYA ?

Solid update it looks to be…… however I wish there was a magic button to fix the obvious underperforming AC in the car.
My AC is too cold. Maybe it has something to do with glass roof and AC. I have the metal roof and seriously on a hot day I have to turn the vents always from me. I’m frozen.

One gripe I have currently which I'm not sure if others feel the same, but when you put the car in away mode to maintain climate, it freezes your app. Meaning you can't do anything else from the app climate wise. and the dashboard In the car is black so you can't even open frunk, trunk, anything from inside.
And you can't turn off the hold climate from the app when you think you'll be taking longer inside then you originally thought, etc..

The only inconvenience is having to go to the car to turn it off, should be accessible from the app.

Hmmm . . . I use the app so seldom that I had not even realized this.

My AC is too cold. Maybe it has something to do with glass roof and AC. I have the metal roof and seriously on a hot day I have to turn the vents always from me. I’m frozen.
Glass roof and 110-112 outside. There are many experiencing the same. I actually have a service appointment, but they advised that it’s been common complaint so not sure they can do anything. I did order the roof shades but I can’t see that cooling it down to actually be chilly in cabin. It is what it is.

Glass roof and 110-112 outside. There are many experiencing the same. I actually have a service appointment, but they advised that it’s been common complaint so not sure they can do anything. I did order the roof shades but I can’t see that cooling it down to actually be chilly in cabin. It is what it is.
The roof shades make a huge difference in reducing the feeling of heat radiating down from the glass roof. Also turn on your rear A/C in very hot weather. Maybe the car's software should turn it on automatically in high temps, as it does for seat ventilation.

Also turn on your rear A/C in very hot weather.
I know a lot of people here recommend this and in general it is a good idea. In fact, the "max cool" button does this. However, when it is extremely hot out (over 110) and the interior is heat soaked the AC will be at the limit of its capacity between cooling the cabin and cooling the battery. In this case, turning on the rear AC, makes the air blowing on you from the front warmer because the limited cooling is split between front and back. I find the colder air blowing directly on me is better even if I can feel the heat behind me.

I know a lot of people here recommend this and in general it is a good idea. In fact, the "max cool" button does this. However, when it is extremely hot out (over 110) and the interior is heat soaked the AC will be at the limit of its capacity between cooling the cabin and cooling the battery. In this case, turning on the rear AC, makes the air blowing on you from the front warmer because the limited cooling is split between front and back. I find the colder air blowing directly on me is better even if I can feel the heat behind me.
I pre-condition my vehicle using the app. By the time I get in my car it’s nice and comfortable.

Why can’t one see any robust improvements on this update 😂

Anyone get this update yet? I’m actually excited for this one!

Out of curiosity, is this one of the types of updates that those of us who signed up to be in the 'early updates group' would be getting first?

IMG_0044.webp

Attachments

• IMG_0044.webp
    IMG_0044.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 35
Got it as well 😂😂

Back