Software Update 2.3.10

Received the update today.
My concern about regenerative breaking shortcut is now confirmed, I’m even more concerned.
First of all, my regenerative breaking was switched to standard right after the update without my knowledge, while I’ve always had it set at high, I’m glad I checked it before starting my drive.
Then while driving on my first drive right after the update, I switched to sprint driving mode and again regenerative breaking switched back from high to standard without my knowledge.
I hope this is a one time glitch, but if not, this is seriously concerning.
Same thing happened to me as well. The trick is to switch to sprint or swift mode and then switch back to smooth mode to set it up to high regen mode. I brought this up a few days back

Same thing happened to me as well. The trick is to switch to sprint or swift mode and then switch back to smooth mode to set it up to high regen mode. I brought this up a few days back
This is actually very dangerous. I just tested it again while braking at a traffic light, I switched the driving mode from smooth to sprint, and regenerative braking switched by itself from high to standard, I actually felt it because I was already braking and slowing down, the car suddenly let the brakes off and I had to press the brakes manually to stop it. Changing the driving mode shouldn’t automatically change the braking behavior under any circumstances!!

Last edited:
I have been suffering with poor mobile key unlock performance for months and tried several fixes. I recently added prompts for PIN to my troubles.

The 2.3.10 update did not improve my iPhone mobile key performance, nor did it help with the "always asking for PIN" behavior. Multiple hard reboots (at direction of Customer Service) didn't help. I then tried to delete my mobile key link and re-create it, and I got a hint when I got to the point where the pilot panel said "Now delete the mobile key in the Lucid App" and I didn't have a way to do that - i.e., the app both thought I had a mobile key linked and didn't think I had a mobile key linked.

So I deleted the app (to get rid of the app data), re-downloaded, and went through the mobile key pairing process. Two tries, but it worked. My working theory is that the problem was not in the car

Now I no longer wait 10-60 seconds for the car to recognize my mobile key, and I don't have prompts for a PIN.

It's been working well for a full 24 hours, so that means it's definitely permanently fixed, right???

I don't know if anyone has experienced this or not, but, since this update, driver side door shows error - does not soft close and panel shows it open. Either it's the update or coincidentally door closure mechanism started acting up.
Same thing happening to me.

This is actually very dangerous. I just tested it again while braking at a traffic light, I switched the driving mode from smooth to sprint, and regenerative braking switched by itself from high to standard, I actually felt it because I was already braking and slowing down, the car suddenly let the brakes off and I had to press the brakes manually to stop it. Changing the driving mode shouldn’t automatically change the braking behavior under any circumstances!!
I will confirm that I am seeing this also. I agree that the regen setting should not change when switching between driving modes. Once set in high regen for all modes, it will stay in high regen when switching modes for the remainder of that drive. However, it goes back to changing regen on your next drive. I think this behavior is undesirable, I don't think that it is dangerous.

Received the update today.
My concern about regenerative breaking shortcut is now confirmed, I’m even more concerned.
First of all, my regenerative breaking was switched to standard right after the update without my knowledge, while I’ve always had it set at high, I’m glad I checked it before starting my drive.
Then while driving on my first drive right after the update, I switched to sprint driving mode and again regenerative breaking switched back from high to standard without my knowledge.
I hope this is a one time glitch, but if not, this is seriously concerning.
Ok… it’s not the end of the world as you seem to be portraying here but I do believe it’s a bug. I switched between the drive modes also and noticed the regen settings aren’t holding / saving.

You notice pretty quickly though and it’s not like it’s changing mid drive on the drive mode you happen. Inconvenient yes, but red flag warnings…. No

Ok… it’s not the end of the world as you seem to be portraying here but I do believe it’s a bug. I switched between the drive modes also and noticed the regen settings aren’t holding / saving.

You notice pretty quickly though and it’s not like it’s changing mid drive on the drive mode you happen. Inconvenient yes, but red flag warnings…. No
Changing the braking behavior to a lesser braking intensity without the driver’s knowledge or permission is a serious safety issue, not just a bug lol

Happened to me today. It's definitely a bug. I'd go as far as to call it a high-priority bug. But serious safety issue? Eh. I felt the difference immediately and adjusted my expectations until I realized the mode had changed.

It's definitely not good. Let's put it that way. Hoping they get out a fix soon.

Happened to me today. It's definitely a bug. I'd go as far as to call it a high-priority bug. But serious safety issue? Eh. I felt the difference immediately and adjusted my expectations until I realized the mode had changed.

It's definitely not good. Let's put it that way. Hoping they get out a fix soon.
Same. It happened to me multiple times today, and once yesterday. Does not feel like a serious safety issue though, it was just annoying. The brakes still work. It doesn’t change randomly, you have to choose to switch the drive mode, which means I am expecting a change to driving dynamics. This one just isn’t a desirable change.

Y’all feel free to call it whatever you want, an annoying software bug is 2 music sources playing at the same time, but when I change my driving mode to sprint, I’d expect sportier more aggressive braking, not a sudden decrease in braking intensity without my knowledge or permission. If this isn’t a safety issue, I don’t what is.

Does everyone know if you hold down swift or smooth you can quickly change the regen .. this is even prior to the update.. but thought I would share

Y’all feel free to call it whatever you want, an annoying software bug is 2 music sources playing at the same time, but when I change my driving mode to sprint, I’d expect sportier more aggressive braking, not a sudden decrease in braking intensity without my knowledge or permission. If this isn’t a safety issue, I don’t what is.
The drive modes don’t adjust braking at all, so that would be a misplaced assumption.

Examples of safety issues: brakes don’t work, accelerator doesn’t work, wipers don’t work in the rain or snow, battery dies on the road, …

The drive modes don’t adjust braking at all, so that would be a misplaced assumption.

Examples of safety issues: brakes don’t work, accelerator doesn’t work, wipers don’t work in the rain or snow, battery dies on the road, …
It’s been reported by multiple users that Regen braking changes by itself from high to standard when changing the driving mode, I’m not the only one experiencing this. Please check previous comments/pages.

What about (braking not consistently working as expected), not a safety issue?

I don't understand the problem. Under the latest update you see what the regen level is when you change drive modes, how can it be a surprise?

While I don't like that it defaults to smooth, I automatically switch it to swift and set the regen each time I use the car. I have since I got the car in January. A bit of a bother but not a safety issue.

What about (braking not consistently working as expected), not a safety issue?
Regen braking has never been consistent. It's not consistent in the cold, it's not consistent at high SOC. The brakes are not acting any differently here, and they are the real safety device. If this slight change in regen behavior is a safety issue, regen almost disappearing in the cold is a catastrophe - and that is not considered a safety issue. Whether it should be is a whole separate discussion.
I don't understand the problem. Under the latest update you see what the regen level is when you change drive modes, how can it be a surprise?
Normally the regen mode does not change when the car goes to sleep and then you get in and start driving again. With this update, it has changed for me. Sometimes. Without touching the drive mode. Normally the regen mode is saved when you switch between drive modes - i.e. the last time I used Swift I had regen on High, so this time when I switch to Swift it should still be on High. With this update, again sometimes, it seems to randomly decide that I want Standard regen. Yes it shows me briefly, but this is still not usual behavior so I'm not thinking "I need to read what that popup says while I'm driving."

Back