Software Update 2.3.10

It’s been reported by multiple users that Regen braking changes by itself from high to standard when changing the driving mode, I’m not the only one experiencing this. Please check previous comments/pages.
I have read every single post on this forum since inception. Does that mean I have no life? Maybe. But it also means you can rest assured you never have to tell me to “please check previous comments/pages.”

I am not suggesting there’s no bug.

What about (braking not consistently working as expected), not a safety issue?
Braking works perfectly fine. Put your foot on the brake, and the car brakes. That is your safety device, and that is why it isn’t a safety issue. You are responsible for driving your car, and braking when necessary, even if the car isn’t braking for you.

You’re the CEO, the car is your employee, and the buck still stops with you. If the brakes stop working, or are delayed, or something like that… then I’d agree with you.

Regen is helpful, but not consistent. Charge over 90% and you’ll see that. Is that a safety issue? Or just physics?

Aside: I’ve been testing this out of curiosity. I have not been able to cause it to change on its own, without tapping with multiple fingers or times. I’m convinced now that the but isn’t that it randomly changes, but that people are “fat fingering” hitting the drive mode and then accidentally touching the regen mode, which comes up immediately and has no confirmation.

As a test - could folks who have run into the issue go out and try it a bunch of times but being *really* careful to not touch the regen mode at all and just carefully tap the drive mode?

It’s obviously still a bug, but at least we’ll have figured out what it is.

I’m not talking about braking, I’m talking about regen braking, two different systems (electric motors vs brakes), thankfully there’s redundancy there, similar to any other safety systems.
Any EV driver would expect degradation in regen braking when the SoC is above 90% or the weather is cold or whatever, these are expected behaviors that we all got used to by now, the whataboutism is not helping. The point I’m trying to make is the unexpected change in regen braking when no external factors have changed other than the drive mode, which shouldn’t be coupled to any type of regen braking. It has randomly happened to me almost on daily basis after this update (maybe I change my drive mode more frequently than others), and I’ve been careful not to reach the area where regen braking appears when I tap on the drive mode, and no I don’t have fat fingers lol.
Anyway, let’s hope they fix this sooner than later.

I have read every single post on this forum since inception. Does that mean I have no life? Maybe. But it also means you can rest assured you never have to tell me to “please check previous comments/pages.”

Braking works perfectly fine. Put your foot on the brake, and the car brakes. That is your safety device, and that is why it isn’t a safety issue. You are responsible for driving your car, and braking when necessary, even if the car isn’t braking for you.

You’re the CEO, the car is your employee, and the buck still stops with you. If the brakes stop working, or are delayed, or something like that… then I’d agree with you.

Regen is helpful, but not consistent. Charge over 90% and you’ll see that. Is that a safety issue? Or just physics?

Aside: I’ve been testing this out of curiosity. I have not been able to cause it to change on its own, without tapping with multiple fingers or times. I’m convinced now that the but isn’t that it randomly changes, but that people are “fat fingering” hitting the drive mode and then accidentally touching the regen mode, which comes up immediately and has no confirmation.

As a test - could folks who have run into the issue go out and try it a bunch of times but being *really* careful to not touch the regen mode at all and just carefully tap the drive mode?

I have done this and yes the regen still reverts to standard sometimes. It is a bug, not a fat finger.

Normally the regen mode does not change when the car goes to sleep and then you get in and start driving again.
I said drive mode changes (has alway reverted to smooth when the car is restarted). With the new update you readily see what regen you have when switching drive modes.

So I have to reset modes everytime I drive and when I do I see what the regen is set to. A bother? Yes a minor one. A safety issue, not really.

I said drive mode changes (has alway reverted to smooth when the car is restarted). With the new update you readily see what regen you have when switching drive modes.
Yes, we're not talking about drive modes. We're talking about the regen mode. That's your confusion. The regen mode has always been preserved before. Now it isn't (always) (for some of us).

I have read every single post on this forum since inception.
That is insane. You are either an extremely fast reader or have the world’s most understanding spouse. This statement might not survive if the two of you decide to have a child.

The problem with lucid updates is that the production release bugs are not common/similar across the fleet. Different users have different issues, experiences and hence the disconnect and surround sound in this forum.

Let’s hope the 3.0, or whatever the next major overhaul is in store ahead….bridges this gap and brings some reliability and stability to the overall experience.

That is insane. You are either an extremely fast reader or have the world’s most understanding spouse. This statement might not survive if the two of you decide to have a child.
I can attest that he was posting even during his honeymoon.
I personally appreciate very much borski's pro-bono engagement and service to the forum.
I should say thanks more often to the mods and all the regular contributors, who have always been ready to give me reliable advice.

Last edited:
Any EV driver would expect degradation in regen braking when the SoC is above 90% or the weather is cold or whatever, these are expected behaviors that we all got used to by now, the whataboutism is not helping.
Only this isn't true, and I'm not engaging in whataboutism; I am using an actual example that has actually occurred in the Air. Your assertion that "any EV driver would expect degradation" is clearly incorrect; we have had many posts on this forum about and by people who did not know that, who also screamed it was a 'safety issue.' They are the explicit reason there is now a warning and an indicator for situations in which regen braking is reduced.

But here's the thing: that's an even clearer argument to make for a safety issue, because in that case, there was no sign. You might be in high regen and just discover that the high regen, which you were certainly in, did not regen.

Here, you are switching drive modes manually, while looking at the screen, and the regen mode visually changes in front of you.

Definitely
a bug, and one they should fix quickly. But a safety issue? I wouldn't go that far.

I think we've beaten this topic to death though, and will simply agree to disagree. It doesn't actually matter, since we agree we want them to fix it ASAP regardless of what you call it.

I am an extremely fast reader; that is one of my 'talents,' for sure, and I absolutely have the world's most understanding spouse <3. My wife is dyslexic, so it can make for fun times if we're ever reading something together haha. Also, I make no promises to always read every post, haha. But for now, I'm presently "funemployed" and so why not.

I can attest that he was posting even during his honeymoon.
My honeymoon was 10 weeks long, but yes, it did happen. :P

I personally appreciate very much borski's pro-bono engagement and service to the forum.
<3

I should say thanks more often to the mods and all the regular contributors, who have always been ready to give me reliable advice.
<3

Just got a notification of an update for v 2.3.11
update will take 90 minutes ...
anyone know how it's different from the 2.3.10?

Just got a notification of an update for v 2.3.11
update will take 90 minutes ...
anyone know how it's different from the 2.3.10?
Were you on 2.3.10 before this? Do you see any release notes? There was another thread claiming 2.3.14 today as well. The release notes looks exactly like 2.3.10 for that.

Aren't most updates announced on X (The Everything App©)?

Attachments

• 20240829_075832.webp
    20240829_075832.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 556
  • 20240829_075840.webp
    20240829_075840.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 555
  • 20240829_075846.webp
    20240829_075846.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,059
  • 20240829_075852.webp
    20240829_075852.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,198
  • 20240829_075903.webp
    20240829_075903.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 883
Hopefully it’s a bug fix for the Soft Door Close bug some of us are experiencing since they apparently updated the SW for the DCM.
A lucid tech today spent 3hours diagnosing the soft door issue on my 2024 Pure for the drivers door and drivers rear seat door. He said it's a software issue, he couldn't find any hardware problem.

I was on 2.2.10 before I got 2.3.11
here is the release note:
I also got 2.3.11 today. I believe it's the same as 2.3.10 but for Saudi market. A previous update also had a different last number than the US version.

Changing the braking behavior to a lesser braking intensity without the driver’s knowledge or permission is a serious safety issue, not just a bug lol
We have a brake pedal for a reason. 🤷‍♂️

Back