Software Update 2.3.10

Just installed the update yesterday night. Still the parking guidelines haven't changed from 2.3.0 update.

Attachments

• 1000071473.webp
    1000071473.webp
    3 MB · Views: 1,270
Just installed the update yesterday night. Still the parking guidelines haven't changed from 2.3.0 update.
I do not know what you are looking for. That is what the parking guidelines have always looked like. There is a different mode that only exists while the car is booting up, before all the other cameras have loaded, and in that mode it will show a red line as it hasn't got the ability to calculate distance yet. As soon as the rest of the car has booted, it switches to this, and it has always done that.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if I am, please help me understand. :)

I do not know what you are looking for. That is what the parking guidelines have always looked like. There is a different mode that only exists while the car is booting up, before all the other cameras have loaded, and in that mode it will show a red line as it hasn't got the ability to calculate distance yet. As soon as the rest of the car has booted, it switches to this, and it has always done that.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if I am, please help me understand. :)
It's a bit confusing tbh. The guideline is not sharp all the way, it fades out. Funny thing is that, I don't remember how it used to be. All I remember was that it was easier to park before the update and something changed. I don't remember the lines to be fading out. In my memory, it was a solid throughout. May be, life is messing with me when so many things got mixed up..

Anyone know how long the update took to complete? Is it the estimated 40 min?

Forty minutes is about right, but I find that I can't rely on the app to keep me informed. For example, on this update (which I just completed) the app just said 'preparing to update' and 'vehicle offline' the whole time. Then, the app just went back to looking the way it usually does, but checking the badge-like symbol in the lower right shows that the updated software is in place. Hope this helps.

It's a bit confusing tbh. The guideline is not sharp all the way, it fades out. Funny thing is that, I don't remember how it used to be. All I remember was that it was easier to park before the update and something changed. I don't remember the lines to be fading out. In my memory, it was a solid throughout. May be, life is messing with me when so many things got mixed up..
Nope they were always tapered...I recall cos I actually prefer it that way

Well,
The HomeLink update was a disappointment. I was hoping with this update I wouldn’t have to close the camera, open the home link button, push the home link button, and re open the camera just to back out of my driveway.

Anyone know how long the update took to complete? Is it the estimated 40 min?
Just finished my update not long ago, I timed it and it took exactly 33 minutes from the time I exited the car in my garage until I got the app notification that update was finished.

You didn’t get it. Before the update I had selected high Regen mode on smooth mode. After update it defaulted back to standard. That was the original concern of @Sam6062 as well.
Seems benign enough, just switch it back.

But why wouldn't it be programmed to default to the door you last used, since you're probably putting the car back in the bay from which you took it?
I totally agree!! I imagine that remembering the last door accessed wasn't a software requirement. Writing robust software isn't hard, but getting the proper requirements is.

50 year veteran software developer: "That'll never happen Dave" .. "No one would need to multi select" .. Sorry Mr Manager, yes it did and yes they would 😜

Adding a shortcut for regenerative braking levels in the essentials screen of the pilot panel is a weird decision, since it’s something that rarely gets changed once you get used to driving with one of these settings or the other (standard or high), but maybe that’s just me. Anyone else changing these settings regularly?
Never

Well,
The HomeLink update was a disappointment. I was hoping with this update I wouldn’t have to close the camera, open the home link button, push the home link button, and re open the camera just to back out of my driveway.
I just place my car in park once out of the garage then hit the homlink and continue on. It takes an extra few seconds is all. Also has me pause to doublecheck my surrondings.

3.1 showed up for my Dream but Sapphire is still waiting.

Post this update - seems like a delay of upto 5-10 seconds when skipping forward music tracks on Apple or Spotify. Same use case with self present door locks…long wait or have to open the app which is another 45 seconds plus to boot up. Overall performance and reliability down with each update. Thanks for the robustness Lucid. Can’t wait for the lease end in 13 months.

There.

Attachments

• IMG_9849.webp
    IMG_9849.webp
    30 KB · Views: 104
Post this update - seems like a delay of upto 5-10 seconds when skipping forward music tracks on Apple or Spotify. Same use case with self present door locks…long wait or have to open the app which is another 45 seconds plus to boot up. Overall performance and reliability down with each update. Thanks for the robustness Lucid. Can’t wait for the lease end in 13 months.
Mine works flawlessly, maybe its your phone?

Back