Software update 2.1.20

Thanks for all that info. Good to know about that quirk when using HERE maps! If I get sent several miles away again, at least I’ll know why.

I’m so loath to use Apple CarPlay for anything that I’ve almost forgotten that it’s there. I’ve only done one road trip of over 300 miles in my Lucid, but the next one I go on, I may have to fire up CarPlay/Google Maps again. Just to be sure.
Funny, I love my car so much more with CarPlay. I use it all the time for the tight integration between my calendar and navigation. Verizon has a much stronger signal near my house than the built-in signal so my streaming works much better through CarPlay as well. I find the native UI much better looking but much less useful.

Funny, I love my car so much more with CarPlay. I use it all the time for the tight integration between my calendar and navigation. Verizon has a much stronger signal near my house than the built-in signal so my streaming works much better through CarPlay as well. I find the native UI much better looking but much less useful.
I use Carplay for everything except streaming music; I still like the quality of the built-in Tidal too much.

Carplay?? Oh no, don't tell me you've joined the dark side, @DeaneG!
With considerable sadness and trepidation. We've been Google-only for at least 10 years. Wife wants a smaller phone with telephoto lens; I want better compatibility while traveling in Japan, Alltrails on my smartwatch, etc. The pebbles on the scale added up to trying iPhones again. Yikes.

It's a shame, but for the most part I'll be using Google maps via Carplay instead of the car's built-in HERE maps. Our next car will have native Google maps. We use our car for long trips and I need better navigation than HERE provides. BTW I've also been sent to a location several miles from the correct address. The reason turned out to be HERE maps intolerance of a missing space in a street name compared to Google maps. Google interprets the street name correctly either way. HERE navigates to the correct location if the street is spelled the way it wants, but if a space was deleted from the street name, HERE navigates to the northern end of the street rather than the correct address!
Google Maps route choices are still better than the car's native map system, I am finding. (At least they are here in Colorado.) I run them in parallel quite frequently (google maps on my phone) and Google Maps always sees route options that the native map system doesn't consider.

With considerable sadness and trepidation. We've been Google-only for at least 10 years. Wife wants a smaller phone with telephoto lens; I want better compatibility while traveling in Japan, Alltrails on my smartwatch, etc. The pebbles on the scale added up to trying iPhones again. Yikes.
1695824799528.gif

Oh Deane....going over to the dark side. OK, the iPhone is a great phone but my Galaxy S23 is pretty cool also...just does not open the Lucid as fast as my spouse's iPhone. Of course, her primary driver is a Tesla so there you have the paradox.

I agree with you on the traffic routing getting better. Just after loading 2.1.20 I wanted to try voice navigation while playing a playlist on Tidal to make sure that bug was fixed. After stopping for a few groceries after work I ask for navigation home. It told me to parallel the freeway for three miles before getting on the freeway. I ignored this since it looked like the typical poor routing I have seen multiple times. When I got on the freeway, traffic was stopped. I should have followed the built in navigation. It is getting better.
It is easier to see the slow traffic on the map. It would be better if the nav. announced it is re-routing due to traffic.

Good for you. I finally, finally updated up to 2.1.20 yesterday. It took weeks for a whole of updates to get to me.

First, I was impressed with the reworked font on the navigation screens. You can read everything now, and the navigation is overall just a lot easier to use.

Having said that, I punched in an address just yesterday post updates, to a location whose actual location I knew somewhat well. I decided to follow the Lucid navigation directions to the letter, just out of curiosity. Almost two hours and 110 miles later, the navigation system dumped me about four miles west of where I really needed to be.

Another time, PRE-updates, I used the navigation to bring me to an EA charging station twenty miles down the freeway from where I was. I ended up in a back car park of a Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices builing. No EA chargers in sight. None. Anywhere.
I’m currently on 2.1.20 and don’t use the native Navigation very much. Wanted to do a quick search to find a Kroger. Went to do a word search in the Navigation system only to see a handwriting recognition window pop up on the bottom of the Pilot Panel. Tried it writing in cursive and just printing and it did a great job recognizing the letters to build a predictive text guess on my word!

Attachments

• IMG_2488.mov
    15.8 MB
I’m currently on 2.1.20 and don’t use the native Navigation very much. Wanted to do a quick search to find a Kroger. Went to do a word search in the Navigation system only to see a handwriting recognition window pop up on the bottom of the Pilot Panel. Tried it writing in cursive and just printing and it did a great job recognizing the letters to build a predictive text guess on my word!

Whaaat?!?! Wow!!! I didn’t realise that feature was down there! I’m away from my car again for the next few days. Will have to look for it when I get back in. Thanks!

I never knew that was there either! That's why this board is so cool. You just learn all kinds of things.

If only there could be detailed Notes.. from each Release, that could tell us these things.. Those would be nice to have. :)
Yes, this was mentioned in one of the software updates [2.1.2 / 2.1.3 / 2.1.7- 7/12/2023]:

Other Minor Updates
•You can now access the Owner's Manual offline.​
•Mobile App will display the SW version of the vehicle.​
•We have made improvements to the keyboard to enable Swipe, Handwriting and Predictive Text.
•Other minor updates and enhancements​

After the jokes about corner radar robustness, I see real improvements. Prior to this update, I would always get corner radar faults driving around the the metal hangars at the airport. This update has resolved those for me, at least for the last couple of trips to the airport. I know there is some aviation related interference that cause faults also and I do not know if that issue has been resolved.

After the jokes about corner radar robustness, I see real improvements. Prior to this update, I would always get corner radar faults driving around the the metal hangars at the airport. This update has resolved those for me, at least for the last couple of trips to the airport. I know there is some aviation related interference that cause faults also and I do not know if that issue has been resolved.

Never had a corner radar fault in my life, but what I HAVE noticed post latest update is a twitchiness around HA. Prior to the update HA was rock solid, tracking every straightaway and every bend with almost unshakeable accuracy, At times I wished it DIDN’T cleave quite so scrupulously to the middle, especially when passing trucks or other wide vehicles in the adjacent right lane.

Post update, HA has lost its way at least twice on every drive over 50 miles. It gives up on bends in the freeway; it “hunts” for the middle, or for wherever it thinks it needs to be; and there’s now a hesitating quality to it that’s not confidence inspiring. None of this was present prior to 2.1.20.

I hope Lucid manages to “un-break” HA in their next update. I miss the old HA.

Not correct that he heard it, not correct that it's coming out, or not correct that it will have those improvements?
And based upon what knowledge is it known to be not correct? Admitting to insider knowledge? Why not take a CIA point of comment to "not confirm or deny"?

Back