Software update 2.1.20

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this; I don’t plug in every night only when I get to about 20%, but since they .20 update every time I unplug I have to do a logo reset to get the audio in the cabin to work. This is the no blinker sound no stereo etc. anyone else experiencing this?
The same happened to me the last time I charged overnight as well. Logo reset cleared it up, but it was strange having zero sound.

I haven't had any issues with with 2.1.20; however I went out this am and it was misting and I got LIDAR blocked error. I used to get that a lot but it seemed like it got addressed a few months back and just reappeared :(. Hopefully this is software control problem and we haven't regressed.

With this update, I am experiencing more frequent soundless dash (no turn signal thunk) and no CarPlay music audio. Anyone else?

With this update, I am experiencing more frequent soundless dash (no turn signal thunk) and no CarPlay music audio. Anyone else?
Yep. Same thing along with pilot and right cockpit panel going black when hanging up calls. Notified CS.

The same happened to me the last time I charged overnight as well. Logo reset cleared it up, but it was strange having zero sound.
This happens to me after home charging as well. It did it 4 charges in a row, but didn’t happen after my most recent charges. I’ve been trying to find out from my service advisor if it is a bug or specific to my car, but can’t get an answer. Wish I knew.

This happens to me after home charging as well. It did it 4 charges in a row, but didn’t happen after my most recent charges. I’ve been trying to find out from my service advisor if it is a bug or specific to my car, but can’t get an answer. Wish I knew.
It's definitely not just you. It had been happening to me fairly regularly after home charging for a few weeks, but I haven't had the issue in the 2 or 3 times I've charged since getting 2.1.18. Limited sample size, so I don't know if it's actually fixed for me or not.

It's definitely not just you. It had been happening to me fairly regularly after home charging for a few weeks, but I haven't had the issue in the 2 or 3 times I've charged since getting 2.1.18. Limited sample size, so I don't know if it's actually fixed for me or not.
I got it consistently after 2.1.18, so probably not fixed.

I just got the dreaded software update notification. My car is parked in a lot over 2400 statute miles away, unplugged, and with no WiFi. I don’t know which update I’m getting, and I don’t want to know until I’m home, or someplace where I won’t be stranded if it all goes wrong.

Most of all I fear downloading the rightfully panned “ping-ponging” while driving in HA. I can definitely wait until I get back to my car a few days from now before doing anything with this update, whichever one it is.

I just got the dreaded software update notification. My car is parked in a lot over 2400 statute miles away, unplugged, and with no WiFi. I don’t know which update I’m getting, and I don’t want to know until I’m home, or someplace where I won’t be stranded if it all goes wrong.

Most of all I fear downloading the rightfully panned “ping-ponging” while driving in HA. I can definitely wait until I get back to my car a few days from now before doing anything with this update, whichever one it is.
Definitely. Normally, I recommend people update as soon as possible. But not when you are away from the car and its not plugged in. It's probably relatively low risk that the car would fail the update, but why take that chance?

A couple updates ago, they put the version number in the app. Shield icon shows software version of the car.

Figured out what’s going on. I need to be on 2.1.7 in the car before the shield icon in the app shows the software version of the car. I’m not on 2.1.7 yet.

Figured out what’s going on. I need to be on 2.1.7 in the car before the shield icon in the app shows the software version of the car. I’m not on 2.1.7 yet.
You should contact service about that. It took them several tries to get 2.1.x to my car. I think the size of that update was problematic for some people who don't have the most "robust" network connection.

You should contact service about that. It took them several tries to get 2.1.x to my car. I think the size of that update was problematic for some people who don't have the most "robust" network connection.

There’s that “robust”-thing again. Haha!

I just realized something yesterday that must have happened with this last update. In Navigation, it now seems to save your voice settings from the last time. I was always turning the sound off every time I put in a route. I no longer have to. Actually, I was really impressed with the Navigation this morning. As someone patiently waiting for Android Auto, I sometimes check traffic on my phone before driving in addition to the what the Lucid says. This morning, the car's navigation traffic reading was more accurate than Google Maps!

I just realized something yesterday that must have happened with this last update. In Navigation, it now seems to save your voice settings from the last time. I was always turning the sound off every time I put in a route. I no longer have to. Actually, I was really impressed with the Navigation this morning. As someone patiently waiting for Android Auto, I sometimes check traffic on my phone before driving in addition to the what the Lucid says. This morning, the car's navigation traffic reading was more accurate than Google Maps!
I noticed the same thing that the silencing of the audible turn directions persisted from the last navigation session. Small victories as the software matures.

I agree with you on the traffic routing getting better. Just after loading 2.1.20 I wanted to try voice navigation while playing a playlist on Tidal to make sure that bug was fixed. After stopping for a few groceries after work I ask for navigation home. It told me to parallel the freeway for three miles before getting on the freeway. I ignored this since it looked like the typical poor routing I have seen multiple times. When I got on the freeway, traffic was stopped. I should have followed the built in navigation. It is getting better.

Good for you. I finally, finally updated up to 2.1.20 yesterday. It took weeks for a whole of updates to get to me.

First, I was impressed with the reworked font on the navigation screens. You can read everything now, and the navigation is overall just a lot easier to use.

Having said that, I punched in an address just yesterday post updates, to a location whose actual location I knew somewhat well. I decided to follow the Lucid navigation directions to the letter, just out of curiosity. Almost two hours and 110 miles later, the navigation system dumped me about four miles west of where I really needed to be.

Another time, PRE-updates, I used the navigation to bring me to an EA charging station twenty miles down the freeway from where I was. I ended up in a back car park of a Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices builing. No EA chargers in sight. None. Anywhere.

Good for you. I finally, finally updated up to 2.1.20 yesterday. It took weeks for a whole of updates to get to me.

First, I was impressed with the reworked font on the navigation screens. You can read everything now, and the navigation is overall just a lot easier to use.

Having said that, I punched in an address just yesterday post updates, to a location whose actual location I knew somewhat well. I decided to follow the Lucid navigation directions to the letter, just out of curiosity. Almost two hours and 110 miles later, the navigation system dumped me about four miles west of where I really needed to be.

Another time, PRE-updates, I used the navigation to bring me to an EA charging station twenty miles down the freeway from where I was. I ended up in a back car park of a Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices builing. No EA chargers in sight. None. Anywhere.
Wow, that is really strange. I've had the navigation suggest a different route than I would normally take, but it's always directed me to the place I needed to go. There are times I need to put in a destination that's near where I want to go, because it doesn't have the place in it's databank and I don't have exact address.

... I decided to follow the Lucid navigation directions to the letter, just out of curiosity. Almost two hours and 110 miles later, the navigation system dumped me about four miles west of where I really needed to be. Another time, PRE-updates, I used the navigation to bring me to an EA charging station twenty miles down the freeway from where I was. I ended up in a back car park of a Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices builing. No EA chargers in sight. None. Anywhere.
It's a shame, but for the most part I'll be using Google maps via Carplay instead of the car's built-in HERE maps. Our next car will have native Google maps. We use our car for long trips and I need better navigation than HERE provides. BTW I've also been sent to a location several miles from the correct address. The reason turned out to be HERE maps intolerance of a missing space in a street name compared to Google maps. Google interprets the street name correctly either way. HERE navigates to the correct location if the street is spelled the way it wants, but if a space was deleted from the street name, HERE navigates to the northern end of the street rather than the correct address!

Last edited:
It's a shame, but for the most part I'll be using Google maps via Carplay instead of the car's built-in HERE maps. Our next car will have native Google maps. We use our car for long trips and I need better navigation than HERE provides. BTW I've also been sent to a location several miles from the correct address. The reason turned out to be HERE maps intolerance of a missing space in a street name compared to Google maps. Google interprets the street name correctly either way. HERE navigates to the correct location if the street is spelled the way it wants, but if a space was deleted from the street name, HERE navigates to the northern end of the street rather than the correct address!

Thanks for all that info. Good to know about that quirk when using HERE maps! If I get sent several miles away again, at least I’ll know why.

I’m so loath to use Apple CarPlay for anything that I’ve almost forgotten that it’s there. I’ve only done one road trip of over 300 miles in my Lucid, but the next one I go on, I may have to fire up CarPlay/Google Maps again. Just to be sure.

Back