Anyone experiencing audio level issues? Both on TiDAL and Sirius I’ve had an issue where the volume goes extremely low (not 100% sure but think both occurrences happened after unmuting). I turn the volume up to hear and then a minute or so later the volume normalizes again and blasts loud audio out the speakers.

Anyone experiencing audio level issues? Both on TiDAL and Sirius I’ve had an issue where the volume goes extremely low (not 100% sure but think both occurrences happened after unmuting). I turn the volume up to hear and then a minute or so later the volume normalizes again and blasts loud audio out the speakers.
I usually have this happen when one audio source interrupts the currently playing source. For example, I'll get an alert message from Apple Car Play (with a beep), and my currently playing FM radio volume will go down. It usually comes right back up after a few seconds, but sometimes it takes a while. I also found if I switch back and forth between some audio sources, the volume goes back up.

I noticed after installing the update, my app connects with the car faster. Previously it used to take ages to wake up the car:

I noticed after installing the update, my app connects with the car faster. Previously it used to take ages to wake up the car:
However, I have noticed that my iPhone still needs to be awake for the car to see it immediately. Otherwise, I must stand on the sides for 10-15 secs before the door handles pop out.

However, I have noticed that my iPhone still needs to be awake for the car to see it immediately. Otherwise, I must stand on the sides for 10-15 secs before the door handles pop out.

Yeah because of this I've disabled mobile key and use the Fob. My iPhone would always put the bluetooth to sleep to save battery taking it 10-20 second to wait before my car unlocked. Just got annoying walking up to it and standing around. The fob is instant.

Updated this morning, decided to make a Costco run during lunchtime. Temps in the low 90's, parked and kept climate running. Came back in about 1.5 hrs, when I went to drive the below two icons (ignore the dusty screen, waiting for the weekend for a bath) were showing and speed limit signs were not recognized during the ride home (about 20 min). I believe that they are lane departure and forward collision warning were not functioning, I didn't notice if any text popped up as well, if it did, it was quick. Rear cross traffic was still working (different sensors in the rear). Haven't rebooted or checked since getting home. I've had such errors when DCFC at the peak of summer last year but they clear right away. Has anyone else had these errors and had service do anything that can address them?

View attachment 21486
Yep seeing front camera failure alerts in hot weather too.

Yeah because of this I've disabled mobile key and use the Fob. My iPhone would always put the bluetooth to sleep to save battery taking it 10-20 second to wait before my car unlocked. Just got annoying walking up to it and standing around. The fob is instant.
Simply waking the phone can help.

I’ve now just give my phone a quick tap to wake it as I approach but it’s one more thing I don’t want to do.
I think I’m going to start carrying the key (again). Especially since now, I randomly get prompted to enter my code whenever I open anything through the app. So annoying!
I now regard this as the “three tiers of Lucid access”.
1. Fob
2.Phone
3. Key Card (last resort)

Not very passive if you have to pull your phone out haha. Phone key drives me up the wall.
Just tap the screen while it’s in your pocket.

Just tap the screen while it’s in your pocket.
I appreciate that Bobby and I hope you know that I know this workaround (feel like I’ve been around the block long enough). This was more of a comedic jab at the “passive” key unlock that just isn’t passive.

I appreciate that Bobby and I hope you know that I know this workaround (feel like I’ve been around the block long enough). This was more of a comedic jab at the “passive” key unlock that just isn’t passive.
The CAR is always looking for the phone. It's the Iphone BT implementation that forces you to wait. Tapping it makes the BT antenna active and transmitting vs passive and only transmitting in intervals.

The CAR is always looking for the phone. It's the Iphone BT implementation that forces you to wait. Tapping it makes the BT antenna active and transmitting vs passive and only transmitting in intervals.
I understand that.

Unfortunately, the CAR manufacturer decided to implement phone key via Bluetooth and advertise passive unlock that isn't all that passive. I talk about this often here, user experience doesn't care who's fault it is. You think Jerry down the block from me cares if his Lucid or his phone are the problem when his car won't unlock? Again it was a light jab but it has truth behind it and no it does not matter to the general audience if this is Lucids problem, Apples problem, samsungs problem, googles problem, or their distant cousins problem.

I understand that.

Unfortunately, the CAR manufacturer decided to implement phone key via Bluetooth and advertise passive unlock that isn't all that passive. I talk about this often here, user experience doesn't care who's fault it is. You think Jerry down the block from me cares if his Lucid or his phone are the problem when his car won't unlock? Again it was a light jab but it has truth behind it and no it does not matter to the general audience if this is Lucids problem, Apples problem, samsungs problem, googles problem, or their distant cousins problem.
You are not wrong. The good news is it sounds like they have gone with a different route for the Gravity. I imagine that it will eventually find its way into the Air.

You are not wrong. The good news is it sounds like they have gone with a different route for the Gravity. I imagine that it will eventually find its way into the Air.
Seems Gravity is getting everything and Air nothing at this stage of the game. Makes sense, it’s a new model but it’s disappointing to see people still having these lingering issues and Lucid’s significant slowdown in OTA’s to try and fine tune this stuff more.

For me, I’ve had no issues with mobile key for probably a good year now but seems Lucid still has some kinks to iron out in the Air as the user experience seems to vary a lot.

I wonder if the Lucid team built in to the Air any kind of hardware expandability, like adding daughter boards. I'd happily pay $$ to add hardware updates that improved the vehicle like bringing a more reliable passive unlock with phone etc.

Yep seeing front camera failure alerts in hot weather too.
had it happen again today under very similar conditions (Costco run). First time Temp was in the low 90's, today high 90's. Sun was pretty much overhead in both situations and had cabin AC keep mode enabled. @mcr16 ... is this a known issue that can be addressed by service team? I'm not sure it's a symptom of 2.2.10 and may be an overheating issue in the sensor/camera assembly at the top of the windshield. Several people has reported the same problem. Thanks!

Original post :
Updated this morning, decided to make a Costco run during lunchtime. Temps in the low 90's, parked and kept climate running. Came back in about 1.5 hrs, when I went to drive the below two icons (ignore the dusty screen, waiting for the weekend for a bath) were showing and speed limit signs were not recognized during the ride home (about 20 min). I believe that they are lane departure and forward collision warning were not functioning, I didn't notice if any text popped up as well, if it did, it was quick. Rear cross traffic was still working (different sensors in the rear). Haven't rebooted or checked since getting home. I've had such errors when DCFC at the peak of summer last year but they clear right away. Has anyone else had these errors and had service do anything that can address them?

I wonder if the Lucid team built in to the Air any kind of hardware expandability, like adding daughter boards. I'd happily pay $$ to add hardware updates that improved the vehicle like bringing a more reliable passive unlock with phone etc.
This would be very unusual to do in a vehicle optimized for space and cost.

Back