Software update 2.1.20

And based upon what knowledge is it known to be not correct? Admitting to insider knowledge? Why not take a CIA point of comment to "not confirm or deny"?
Bobby doesn’t work for Lucid; nothing is *technically* stopping him from answering your question. That said, he was trying to be helpful and squash a rumor, and it is up to you whether to believe him or not; time will clarify either way. :)

And based upon what knowledge is it known to be not correct? Admitting to insider knowledge? Why not take a CIA point of comment to "not confirm or deny"?
Bobby is also an early software tester, so if a big update were coming out 'in a few day,' he likely would have already had it. Guessing that's why he said it wasn't true. And lo and behold it wasn't.

As soon as I have anything to report, I will post it here and on the lucidupdates.com website. Currently, there is no software update.

I took my car for service and one of the service guys told me that. Oh well. Not true I guess. I am no spy. :)

Just what you'd expect a spy to say... hum... proof positive that we have a spy in our midst! ;-)
IMG_1112.gif

I took my car for service and one of the service guys told me that. Oh well. Not true I guess. I am no spy. :)
It happens. Service folk tend to say things on occasion that turn out to be inaccurate. Not sure where the rumors start, but it’s fairly common for this sort of thing to spread around.

I’m currently on 2.1.20 and don’t use the native Navigation very much. Wanted to do a quick search to find a Kroger. Went to do a word search in the Navigation system only to see a handwriting recognition window pop up on the bottom of the Pilot Panel. Tried it writing in cursive and just printing and it did a great job recognizing the letters to build a predictive text guess on my word!
Haha I missed the part in the release notes that said handwriting and only saw the swipe and predictive text parts. I never understood why cars have handwriting option though as that’s the least reliable and slowest way to input a search. 🤷‍♂️

Haha I missed the part in the release notes that said handwriting and only saw the swipe and predictive text parts. I never understood why cars have handwriting option though as that’s the least reliable and slowest way to input a search. 🤷‍♂️
But I can do handwriting without looking once I get my hand in the right position. To enter using a touch keyboard, I have to look at every key press.

But I can do handwriting without looking once I get my hand in the right position. To enter using a touch keyboard, I have to look at every key press.
That’s a good use I had thought of, I’ll have to try it without looking at it and see if it’s actually useful.

I've almost never manually entered an address. I just either say the name of a commercial business or the physical address through Alexa

Back