Software issues versus daily driving

stratus

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid air grand touring
I have a general question for the group , and especially those who have received their vehicles. It seems software issues have become a frustration for a significant number of owners. Have the software problems significantly impacted the daily driving experience? Are the software issues now being addressed more efficiently?
I have a GT reserved and it gives me a bit of trepidation reading some of these discussions. Certainly plan on following through but probably should temper my expectations

I have a general question for the group , and especially those who have received their vehicles. It seems software issues have become a frustration for a significant number of owners. Have the software problems significantly impacted the daily driving experience? Are the software issues now being addressed more efficiently?
I have a GT reserved and it gives me a bit of trepidation reading some of these discussions. Certainly plan on following through but probably should temper my expectations
Join the club. I share the exact same thoughts.

Afternoon,

My vehicle is running 1.1.5 and to be honest there doesn’t seem to be any real issues I am experiencing accept:

1) when I change tracks from Steering wheel (not on pilot panel) on Tidal sometimes there is some crackling noise from speakers
2) using x on steering wheel doesn’t seem to cancel the adaptive cruise all the time…hitting the cruise button or brake disengage seems to do the trick
3) Tidal sometimes stops playing but no issues with Spotify
4) if you setup your phone as a key and as you get close the vehicle wakes up and unlocks…but not 100%

To me these are small things, when I get behind the wheel and listen to music while driving…it feels awesome and cool because the car looks like nothing else on the road.

Afternoon,

My vehicle is running 1.1.5 and to be honest there doesn’t seem to be any real issues I am experiencing accept:

1) when I change tracks from Steering wheel (not on pilot panel) on Tidal sometimes there is some crackling noise from speakers
2) using x on steering wheel doesn’t seem to cancel the adaptive cruise all the time…hitting the cruise button or brake disengage seems to do the trick
3) Tidal sometimes stops playing but no issues with Spotify
4) if you setup your phone as a key and as you get close the vehicle wakes up and unlocks…but not 100%

To me these are small things, when I get behind the wheel and listen to music while driving…it feels awesome and cool because the car looks like nothing else on the road.
That is kind of the mindset I am approaching this with.
I know those who were among the first to receive their cars will have helped the rest of us who are just a tad later on the list. So, a big thank you!!!!

No. For daily driving it’s an incredible vehicle. Easily the best I’ve ever owned.

The software issues are annoying, but mild. Use Spotify instead of Tidal, accept that some taps take an extra few seconds, and you’re fine. Minor annoyances. As a *car*, it’s incredible.

No. For daily driving it’s an incredible vehicle. Easily the best I’ve ever owned.

The software issues are annoying, but mild. Use Spotify instead of Tidal, accept that some taps take an extra few seconds, and you’re fine. Minor annoyances. As a *car*, it’s incredible.
I agree, as a daily driver, its wonderful. Even though I LOVE tech, I never loved it in a car. After driving Teslas I found a large majority of the "cool" stuff to be utterly useless. In fact, I actually prefer the "lower" tech approach of how Lucid laid it out compared to Teslas "high" tech approach. I barely have any issues now compared to before on 1.0.8.

The newness of a stupid fast car is wearing off for me. There are a lot of things that I just don't like about the DE as a daily driver. My Lincoln Navigator is a much more refined vehicle. The controls are better laid out. It has less road noise. The tech works better, and the new 2022 Navigator with Sync 4 and Blue Cruise is much better than mine. The DE is a good EV, but way overpriced for what you get and the software, IMHO is still beta and at the rate that it is improving, will take the rest of this year to be "good".

The newness of a stupid fast car is wearing off for me. There are a lot of things that I just don't like about the DE as a daily driver. My Lincoln Navigator is a much more refined vehicle. The controls are better laid out. It has less road noise. The tech works better, and the new 2022 Navigator with Sync 4 and Blue Cruise is much better than mine. The DE is a good EV, but way overpriced for what you get and the software, IMHO is still beta and at the rate that it is improving, will take the rest of this year to be "good".

I respect your opinion, but steadfastly disagree, fwiw. :) The DE is the quietest car I’ve ever driven, *especially* on the 19s I just switched out for. The 21s handle better though (by far) and are mildly louder but barely.

I like the way the controls are laid out.

The software… will catch up. On that, we agree. :)

I respect your opinion, but steadfastly disagree, fwiw. :) The DE is the quietest car I’ve ever driven, *especially* on the 19s I just switched out for. The 21s handle better though (by far) and are mildly louder but barely.

If we all liked the same things, then there would only be one car company! :)

are you planning on staying with the 19 because of the quietness or will you be swapping back and forth?

So sorry to hear your frustrations with the vehicle. I hope it will improve for you.

I am with @borski and would chose an Air over a navigator every time … because I don’t want a giant SUV.
Doesn’t feel like you are really comparing apples to apples.

Of course, you are spot on - “each to their own” - and if we all liked the same everybody would drive a Model T.

are you planning on staying with the 19 because of the quietness or will you be swapping back and forth?

Swapping for sure. The 19s are great for a road trip, but do not handle nearly as well (still fantastically, to be clear - they’re just not nearly as sticky). I’ve definitely gotten them to skid on a good punch into a turn, but admittedly the traction control kept the car immensely stable.

The 21s stick like nobody’s business. For riding around town or through some good canyons, 21s all day.

Swapping for sure. The 19s are great for a road trip, but do not handle nearly as well (still fantastically, to be clear - they’re just not nearly as sticky). I’ve definitely gotten them to skid on a good punch into a turn, but admittedly the traction control kept the car immensely stable.

The 21s stick like nobody’s business. For riding around town or through some good canyons, 21s all day.
this is a decision i've to make when i confirm my order. i believe GTs get the 21" for no additional cost and you can purchase 19". I worry that i would get lazy to swap them out before and after road trips.

this is a decision i've to make when i confirm my order. i believe GTs get the 21" for no additional cost and you can purchase 19". I worry that i would get lazy to swap them out before and after road trips.
That's exactly what I did on my DE - got the 21" (which are more expensive), and then got the 19" as an accessory (since I saved like 4-5k rather than buying the 21s later).

Lucid swaps them for me with a mobile service just for an hour of labor, which is totally worth it in my opinion. I plan on swapping them just for summer/winter, generally.

I am with @borski and would chose an Air over a navigator every time … because I don’t want a giant SUV.
Doesn’t feel like you are really comparing apples to apples.

Of course, you are spot on - “each to their own” - and if we all liked the same everybody would drive a Model T.
Are they still making them? Still only black? ;)

I’m still debating getting a set of 19 for the smoother and quieter ride. However: I love just flooring it and I’m guessing they will skid quite a bit doing that

I agree, as a daily driver, its wonderful. Even though I LOVE tech, I never loved it in a car. After driving Teslas I found a large majority of the "cool" stuff to be utterly useless. In fact, I actually prefer the "lower" tech approach of how Lucid laid it out compared to Teslas "high" tech approach. I barely have any issues now compared to before on 1.0.8.
I am also not a fan of overly complex tech in automobiles; it becomes a distraction.
For me personally , navigation and audio will be most important, and of course safety features. Really appreciate your objective input.

I’m still debating getting a set of 19 for the smoother and quieter ride. However: I love just flooring it and I’m guessing they will skid quite a bit doing that
Never even thought about getting a second set of wheels but certainly will now.

Back