Need help deciding to buy

I carry the fob also. My phone is a key but sometimes I need to valet my car or take it to the car wash. Leaving my phone is never a good option so I carry the fob.

Pure owner since last September. Only one issue requiring service - headlight that did not work when below freezing outside. Had a loaner AGT for a week. Actually prefer the Pure, More nimble handling, non-leather seats are softer, the massage seats were just OK, acceleration was stronger but not what you would expect for an additional 300+ HP. Overall, the Pure is probably the best value in the line. If you want an AWD Pure, you have to find a 2023, so options will be limited. The Touring is now the least costly AWD.

I would say the overall experience is amazing. The software is the worst part. As many have pointed out, most of the main must haves are there. Unlike what others have said, I've experienced plenty of bugs in the software and things arent too intuitive at times. The app is a little lackluster too (why cant a turn on my dang heat warmers?! Why does it take so long to wake the car?!). Lastly, the biggest issue that continuously plagues the Air is the door unlocking issues. You can do a quick search and see a lot of people talking about this but the skinny is that if you dont use the key fob then your experience is going to be a little lackluster. Even with the key fob, there will be times where you scratch your head asking why the car wont open.

If you look past those items then you have the best driving EV out there with amazing comfort. I love driving mine everyday.
Agree 100% with your assessment of the car. Awesome driving car ( maybe the best of all EV’s) but little glitches are frustrating. My fob works 80% of the time there is a long thread on this. It shouldn’t be that hard for them to get it figured out. Someone mentioned that they did not detect a difference from a GT and Pure in regards to performance. I can tell you it’s night and day. Perhaps they weren’t using the correct drive mode in the GT. It’s noticeably quicker than the Pure from any driving dynamic.

Last edited:
People have said Tesla software is undoubtedly better….however I have several friends that own Teslas and they complain and say it’s buggy too and far from perfect. There is no car or anything else with technology that is perfect. Yes, Lucid’s is far better than when I first got my car, and it continues to get better and better! All I have to say is it’s the best for the driving experience IMO.

Just. Do. It.

I placed a deposit for the Air Pure back in 2021. Got frustrated with the wait and loss of the $7500 tax credit and cancelled my reservation early last year. With current incentives I can buy the 2023 Pure AWD for $67k plus taxes, reg, etc ...
At $67K, the Air is an absolute steal.
My GT has been to service exactly once, at its one-year maintenance.
Software is currently good enough, and with OTAs every few weeks, improving step by step. I think bigger changes will happen late this year.
I use the fob exclusively and only rarely need to push the door handle to wake the car when I approach. Not a big deal.

I'd buy it again in a second.

At $67K, the Air is an absolute steal.
My GT has been to service exactly once, at its one-year maintenance.
Software is currently good enough, and with OTAs every few weeks, improving step by step. I think bigger changes will happen late this year.
I use the fob exclusively and only rarely need to push the door handle to wake the car when I approach. Not a big deal.

I'd buy it again in a second.
Yup, these recent discounts are absolutely insane. I'd drop the bag of cash there and drive away with the car as fast as possible with that price!

just go ahead.. dont second guess. if you are not sure, lease it and assuming some on great deal are still left. If by any chance you dont like it, you can return it in 18 or 36 months.

Agree 100% with your assessment of the car. Awesome driving car ( maybe the best of all EV’s) but little glitches are frustrating. My fob works 80% of the time there is a long thread on this. It shouldn’t be that hard for them to get it figured out. Someone mentioned that they did not detect a difference from a GT and Pure in regards to performance. I can tell you it’s night and day. Perhaps they weren’t using the correct drive mode in the GT. It’s noticeably quicker than the Pure from any driving dynamic.
My husband talked to someone with a Pure at the charging station near our house. He had gotten a GT to drive for a week while his was having some kind of repair. His comment was that it had so much more power that it scared him to drive it.

I think it really says something that multiple owners stand by their purchases even with the early software woes and higher purchase price. Not to mention that some people have already purchased multiple Airs because they loved the first so much! If and when Lucid offers trade-ins I certainly may upgrade to a second Air someday now that I know my own wants and needs better from my first!

The fact that a Pure is being offered for under $70k is truly astounding. The overall package the Air offers really cannot be beaten by any of it's current competitors. If you love driving and don't want to compromise too heavily on comfort and tech their really isn't a better option, in my opinion.

I’m 6 months into ownership of a Fathom Blue AWD Pure with SSPro & DDPro. I have yet to visit a SC or have mobile service come to me. The car has been near perfect save an occasional audio glitch, but even there much improved post a couple of OTA updates.

Personally I love the color and was initially undecided between the blue and silver. There isn’t a bad color in the Lucid palette and I’m sure I would have been happy with any of them.

I think the door & dash fabric look great and although only 6 months old, it still looks new. Yes, the very soft & comfortable Purluxe seats are perforated, but in my car not ventilated. No sign of wear, indentations or discoloring.

In short, without question, the best car I’ve ever driven. Some of my recent cars include a Tesla MS, Jaguar I-Pace, Audi e-Tron Sportback, Genesis electrified G80 and currently a BMW i4 my wife drives. No slouches in this pack. Admittedly the i4 is a bit better handling car, but it’s also smaller & lighter. However for the overall driving experience, the Lucid is in a class by itself. There, I said it. :)

I own AGT and never carried a fob even when the software was buggy as hell. Gone are those days, new software is way better and you'll not find those horror stories on this since they moved to UX2.0. I'll not lie, there are still a few improvements left but every car had those. Tesla had it for years.

The bootup time with the car is still way too high. But if you make sure that your app on the phone is open on the phone before you walk up to the car, it opens and locks flawlessly. This is one of those learning curves and still an annoying part of the car.

EA charging pain has reduced a lot which you would have read in the past a lot before cancellation of your reservation. IMO that issue is way down but again with old chargers you need to know how to approve the charge in your app. Another learning for you is when you own your car.

There is no comparison with Tesla, because of the Luxury, range, and useful features (Auto Park is awesome when you need it) this car is way superior to Tesla ( I had a new version X and can compare).

I still feel that Tesla has set the standards for software in a car and I'll not stop demanding that from Lucid. Many are way too satisfied with the existing software state but that's their opinion.

Last edited:
Update - I pulled the trigger yesterday on the 2023 Air Pure AWD. First ordered a Fathom Blue and then got a call from Tysons Corner store offering an extra $3000 credit to buy one of their in stock cars. Agreed on White which was my original first choice before switching to Fathom Blue. Will fly to DC on Friday and drive the car home on Saturday. Final numbers - MSRP $79,300 less credits $63,225 plus tax, registration, title, etc. - out the door $65,613. I am excited about both the car and the incredible final price. This will be my 9th EV. 2 Teslas, 2 Leafs, 2 Bolts, VW ID.4 and Hyundai Ioniq 6. The Ioniq 6 is a great car but just don't need 3 EVs. 2023 SEL RWD, White with 2400 miles. MSRP $49,500. Anyone interested can buy it a very good price.

When I was trying to decide between a Pure and a Touring some ten months ago, I came here and asked a similar question. People advised me to take the Touring. After quite a bit of soul-searching, I got the Touring. I've never, and I mean never, had a better vehicle. Take the plunge. You won't regret it.

Edit -- just caught up on the thread and saw that you did take the plunge! Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with car!

I’ve had my 2023 Air GT for less than 2 months (lease), so I’m still getting acquainted; Quantum grey, Mojave interior. I’ve had an excellent experience with no software issues. Is it perfect? Of course not. There are things I agree could have been, and likely will be better with OTA updates. But no software glitches or failures. Love the leather and fabrics in the Mojave interior; I recommend that. I added black all-weather floor mats, a TWRAPS Lucid Air MagSafe compatible dual wireless phone charger, and screw-in magnetic holders for the bifold frunk cover. I've leased or owned a number of different luxury cars over the years, but my Air GT feels special every time I get in it. Couldn’t be happier with my decision. So to svoelpel: buy or lease whatever Air model in whatever color you like best. It’s going to feel special to you, and you won’t regret it!

"Need help deciding to buy."

The car chooses you.

Update - I pulled the trigger yesterday on the 2023 Air Pure AWD. First ordered a Fathom Blue and then got a call from Tysons Corner store offering an extra $3000 credit to buy one of their in stock cars. Agreed on White which was my original first choice before switching to Fathom Blue. Will fly to DC on Friday and drive the car home on Saturday. Final numbers - MSRP $79,300 less credits $63,225 plus tax, registration, title, etc. - out the door $65,613. I am excited about both the car and the incredible final price. This will be my 9th EV. 2 Teslas, 2 Leafs, 2 Bolts, VW ID.4 and Hyundai Ioniq 6. The Ioniq 6 is a great car but just don't need 3 EVs. 2023 SEL RWD, White with 2400 miles. MSRP $49,500. Anyone interested can buy it a very good price.
You got a very good deal. Enjoy the ride.

I thought I got a great deal (and I did), but your deal is spectacular! Congrats! The easiest part of the equation is now upon you, enjoying the car. :)

Back