Help me enjoy my Lucid more

I have had my Pure for 4 months now. I really liked the car initially, but over time, I have noticed more and more annoying small design issues that make it hard to fully love the car.
Rogi,I have some of my own minor issues that I have noted here along with others, but the redeeming values of the car for me are: 1) it’s engineering, 2) it’s handling - it is a solid performer, 3) it’s quietness and comfort- I have had several long road trips since I received my Touring in April and after I drive a 10 hour ride I am capable of doing more, 4) its range - a friend of mine bought a Polestar and on long trips he has to recharge far more frequently and charging is slow, 5) styling - always a matter of taste but I enjoy both the exterior and interior. If you really can’t tolerate the nuisances you pointed out and can afford the hit, I would advise you to find another car - we may love it, but you don’t have to.

I have had my Pure for 4 months now. I really liked the car initially, but over time, I have noticed more and more annoying small design issues that make it hard to fully love the car.

Rather than list what frustrates me, I want to get ideas on how I can enjoy the car more, especially on normal drives where the Lucid’s great range and efficiency don’t matter. I like the drives where I am the only one in the car, there is open road, and I can go into swift/sprint mode. But I am hoping there are more ways for me to really enjoy the car than just driving dangerously.

Or I am just asking too much from the Pure? I didnt get the Touring or GT since the extra power and range they have over what the Pure were not worth the extra cost for me. I know it is just a “car”, but the way people on this forum profess the their undying love for the Lucid Air makes me think I’m missing something.

(In case someone is planning to talk about the sound system, I generally listen to podcasts rather than music. SS Pro, while good, doesn’t make much of a difference to me. I didn’t even want SS Pro but needed to get it since I wanted DD Premium. And yes the car looks great, but I don’t see it when I’m actually driving it.)
I feel your pain and appreciate that you are reaching out to this motley group to get their insights into what makes this car so great...dispite its shortfalls. After being on this forum for almost 2 years now, I realize that everyone has different criteria which they use to define a great car. I do not believe any car can be "prefect" for everyone. This is especial true for vehichles produced by a new car company. WIth that said, my adivice is enjoy the car for the reasons you bought it. For me, it is the way it drives, the remarkable smooth and powerful acceration that you can always count on (no matter what speed you are at)., the way it handles, how responsive the steering is, how different and nice the interior is... or any other of the features that moved you to purchase this very expensive car. If that is not possible, then move on to someother vehicle. Best of luck.

Rather than list what frustrates me, I want to get ideas on how I can enjoy the car more, especially on normal drives where the Lucid’s great range and efficiency don’t matter. I like the drives where I am the only one in the car, there is open road, and I can go into swift/sprint mode. But I am hoping there are more ways for me to really enjoy the car than just driving dangerously.

Or I am just asking too much from the Pure? I didnt get the Touring or GT since the extra power and range they have over what the Pure were not worth the extra cost for me. I know it is just a “car”, but the way people on this forum profess the their undying love for the Lucid Air makes me think I’m missing something.

(In case someone is planning to talk about the sound system, I generally listen to podcasts rather than music. SS Pro, while good, doesn’t make much of a difference to me. I didn’t even want SS Pro but needed to get it since I wanted DD Premium. And yes the car looks great, but I don’t see it when I’m actually driving it.)
I appreciate your inquiry. Firstly, never drive dangerously. I derive satisfaction at normal speeds, but to each his or her own I suppose. The dynamic and range capabilities of the Air are simply not available on alternatives at any price IMO. For me, it is the optimal car for short or long-distance driving. From the driver's seating position to brilliant suspension and safety features my AGT is a joy to drive locally, on mountain roads, or the interstates. Planted with instant and overwhelming power delivery. No need to exceed the speed limit. I enjoy that car at five-fifths of its capability. Again, it is subjective.

The fact is that at the Lucid model price points, we make subjective decisions. Lucids are not just transportation, at least to me. Yes. there have been objective observations of sub-optimal UX glitches but OTAs have largely corrected them. Is there a perfect car? To me, the AGT comes closer than other high-end Porsches and Audis that I have recently owned by a lot.

One example of the practical use of the Air is its seating position and comfort and its storage capacity so Home Depot runs do not require a larger vehicle for me. It took me cross country with no problems and 5,200 pounds made Interstate driving with 18-wheelers nearby more comforting than being buffeted by their air turbulence in lighter vehicles. I do not find the cabin noise level the least bit annoying. I favor the front motor whine at low speeds. It reinforces the smoothness of the car to me. FWIW, I do not miss the Sport Exhaust on my recent Panamera GTS at all. I have not done a decibel test because I do not see the need.

" I enjoy that car at five-fifths of its capability." Sorry, five-tenths.

There is a perfect car every point of our lives. My M4 was perfect until I got GT.
I don't think that there's a perfect car ever, but my experience with most cars has been that I liked them a lot more when I got them than by the time I got rid of them. The exception was with Tesla, which I don't like as much as my Lucid, but they improved over time. And I expect the Lucid to do the same. There are potentially lots of things about the Lucid that I could complain about, but I can't think of many that Lucid can't fix with software improvements. And the ones that I can think of aren't important to me.

That’s fair. Its a variety of things:

- minor issues that I think is just laziness on their part, which makes it worse. having Themes still on the screen even though it does nothing on Pure; no favorites in navigation; can’t have navigation on the top screen and music selection on the bottom screen at the same time
- designs flaws like the curved screen that looks great but doesn’t fit Apple car play well; The passenger interior lights blast bright light directly into baby’s face in a rear facing seat. I taped over the light, but it’s like no designer at lucid ever tried to put an infant in the car or even thought about it.
- the car is surprisingly loud, especially at higher speed. I understand that wind and electric motors still make sound, but my wife’s Mercedes is much much quieter.

None of these on their own is a big deal. But put enough of them together and it just starts to get annoying. So I’m trying to find some more positives to focus on instead
I wouldn’t say it is laziness, it is prioritizing. I just use apple carplay and love it. I like the electric motor sound, I hate silence when driving. Don’t have a baby so that light doesn‘t concern me. These are very minor issues. Car is fantastic to drive, enjoy it instead of being bothered by these minor things. No car is perfect, not even a Rolls Royce.

After careful consideration, I have determined that you and your Lucid have irreconcilable differences. The best way to obtain joy at this point is to donate it to a poor disenfranchised person, who is down to their last Lucid. The joy you will feel from this selfless act will last a lifetime. I know someone like this and will send you his info.

After careful consideration, I have determined that you and your Lucid have irreconcilable differences. The best way to obtain joy at this point is to donate it to a poor disenfranchised person, who is down to their last Lucid. The joy you will feel from this selfless act will last a lifetime. I know someone like this and will send you his info.
I've been dying to say, "Just sell the damn car," but this is better.

I wouldn’t say it is laziness, it is prioritizing. I just use apple carplay and love it. I like the electric motor sound, I hate silence when driving. Don’t have a baby so that light doesn‘t concern me. These are very minor issues. Car is fantastic to drive, enjoy it instead of being bothered by these minor things. No car is perfect, not even a Rolls Royce.
I do recommend watching the Throttle House review of the Rolls Royce Specter EV, it’s a blast of a review and the car is remarkable. I’ve always found Rolls to be a self aggrandizing Hollywood producer type car…but the Spectre seems to be very close to perfect at least as far as luxury goes. But I’m sure the Lucid is more engaging to drive so I’m happy with the Lucid and don’t care that I can’t afford the Spectre. I’m very excited to see what Aston Martin comes up with in their Lucid partnership though!

I do recommend watching the Throttle House review of the Rolls Royce Specter EV, it’s a blast of a review and the car is remarkable. I’ve always found Rolls to be a self aggrandizing Hollywood producer type car…but the Spectre seems to be very close to perfect at least as far as luxury goes. But I’m sure the Lucid is more engaging to drive so I’m happy with the Lucid and don’t care that I can’t afford the Spectre. I’m very excited to see what Aston Martin comes up with in their Lucid partnership though!
At your recommendation, I watched this along with the Doug Demuro review of the Spectre. My gosh is that an overtop opulent car! 400 pounds of sound deadening material in the automatic doors!

Doug’s closing line of the video is worth sharing. He says that the S-Class gets you 99% of the luxury sedan features one may desire. Getting that last 1% is where Rolls Royce comes in and the price curve for that last percent is not linear, but drastically exponential… e.g. you could buy four S-Class sedans for one loaded Spectre.

I too am excited to see what Aston Martin brings to the market as well as other top tier brands in the coming years. Rolls Royce plans to have a 100% electric lineup by 2030.

Greetings,
I would take your amazing car to the Blue ridge mountains, by renting the Airbnb cabin called "above the clouds" outside of Asheville NC. Rent it for the weekend and as you easily drive up the loose rock driveway, the true power, responsiveness, and simple joy it is to drive up a mountain... I've done this just 90 days into my ownership and it was a bonding tryst of fun and discovery.
The Air Pure I have is a true interstate high speed train on magnetic rails.

Best,
Fathom Blue Scott

Let me just say this…. I never understood why guys love their cars so much — and then Luci drove into my life and I feel like a kid when anyone asks about her. 🫣
I really have never loved a car. I get it now tho

Let me just say this…. I never understood why guys love their cars so much — and then Luci drove into my life and I feel like a kid when anyone asks about her. 🫣
I really have never loved a car. I get it now tho
Hi my name is Luci and I'm looking for some love.

And it continues to get weirder and weirder....
Where’s the fun in normal? 🤪
Weird gets people talking and weirder gets people laughing. 😆

Hi my name is Luci and I'm looking for some love.
In National Geographic voice: “Tragically, this species of Air was outfitted in the worst colors, with a gold exterior. Due to this, the little Air could tragically not get any love, as only the ones in Zenith Red are regularly finding new mates.” 🤣

Back