Need help deciding to buy

I've had my 2023 Pure AWD since July 7 2023 and still smile every time I get in it. I still look for excuses to drive somewhere. I only have 7300 miles but it's all smiles!

Owner since 7/2022 of an Air GT and I love driving this car. Software is fine, especially after the 2.0 upgrade and gets better every update. You will enjoy the range, as you drive past the Bolts stuck charging - tops in the industry. With a Pure under $70k, I would not consider any other car.

I was an early reservation holder. When it came to my turn to order, I held off. Dream Drive wasn't ready. There were software issues. Then I saw the $7500 disappear, the price go up, and software updates show up (from what I was reading, not firsthand). It eventually got to the point that it had the software features that I wanted the most, working reliably enough that I bought the car. I also got to see the price drop prior to my purchase, and overall I think that I paid a fair price. I even got to see some features added that I wasn't expecting. When I first saw the car, it was before showrooms had working vehicles, and some of what I heard was misinformation. The car ended up with features that I was told wouldn't be there.

It has its share of annoyances, and in many or most of those cases I went through the same annoyances with Tesla, and watched those software issues improve over a decade. They weren't show stoppers. On the other hand, there are software features that Lucid has that Tesla and others don't have. If people want to play the comparison game, Tesla recently copied the way Lucid uses blind spot cameras by showing a red outline when appropriate. But Lucid has the camera displays in a sensible place to begin with, which Tesla still doesn't, especially on the 3/Y. Lucid does other things better through hardware and software, such as rear collision avoidance. Tesla could learn a few things about lane keeping. Even though Tesla has more features, a fundamental flaw is having autosteer disengage from pressure, and they require pressure on the wheel to see if the driver is holding it. Lucid lets you bias the steering, and will go back to autosteer when you stop.

Those are just a few random examples. It's easy to look at a car and go down a list of what's missing, and forget to consider what's there. I can't speak for the Bolt, but in my own case, I got a better, quieter car with a better ride, and better ergonomics for much of what's there, despite some things not being there yet. Which means that when I get back into my Tesla, that car is missing things, but it's different things.

Lucid is well aware of most of the things that I want to see, because so many others want to see the same things. Only you can decide when to pull the trigger, but I can't say that there's anything that I wish I had waited for. Now it's a matter of watching the car get better and better.

Back