Leasing is the way to go for the specials - 0% and you can buy the car at the end for less than purchasing

It is zero on the grand touring. One of the reasons I made the decision was $140,000 interest free loan being too good to pass up

Yep! Once you account for lease initiation fees, taxes, registration, etc. but essentially I’m paying only for the forecast depreciation of the asset over the period.

Thank you for confirming that. I wasn't sure if I need to reference a specific offer as the website says nothing about lease APR.

Do you mind sharing what the residuals/lease term/mileage? I would be good to know what Lucid estimates the depreciation on the GT

Thank you for confirming that. I wasn't sure if I need to reference a specific offer as the website says nothing about lease APR.

Do you mind sharing what the residuals/lease term/mileage? I would be good to know what Lucid estimates the depreciation on the GT
I did 36 months @ 7,500 miles per years with a 141k price and 74.8k residual.

Ordered the Pure with the Lease special. It is a no brainer. The interest rate is 0%. Went through the lease with BofA and understand the numbers. You can specify the down payment on the Lucid side and BofA runs with what you set up. The way the numbers work,(excluding the leasing fee of $995, registration/title/plates/doc/handling for me $421 and sales tax), the sum of the monthly payments plus your down payment plus the Residual Value equals the price of the car (plus delivery) less the $7500 EV credit. For me the RV was 43502, In NY, BofA bundles all of the fees and taxes into the lease so the monthly payment goes up but it is just the sum of these items divided by the term because there is no interest on the lease.

With the lease, if you purchase the car at the end, you are buying the car for the list price less the $7500 EV credit which you cannot get if you purchase outright. The lease also gives you a hedge if the company runs into financial issues because you can turn the car in at the end. The lease also lets you keep you money invested if you were to just purchase the car outright.
If you are comfortable sharing, can you post your lease numbers. I am interested in how much the monthly payment is with 0 down (other than $995) for 36 months. Thanks.

It is zero on the grand touring. One of the reasons I made the decision was $140,000 interest free loan being too good to pass up
Seems like a really good deal if zero. Assume it is also zero on Touring too?

Good thread. I am in the market for either a Lucid Touring or MS Plaid.

I am assuming you can also buy out your lease at anytime for the residual value plus the monthly payments left correct? So, even if you want to purchase, it would make a lot more sense.

Good thread. I am in the market for either a Lucid Touring or MS Plaid.

I am assuming you can also buy out your lease at anytime for the residual value plus the monthly payments left correct? So, even if you want to purchase, it would make a lot more sense.
My guess is you wouldn’t get the DreamDrive Pro and SurrealSoundPro incentives on the MSRP for the buyout if you lease, so that would be the trade off. But not sure.

My guess is you wouldn’t get the DreamDrive Pro and SurrealSoundPro incentives on the MSRP for the buyout if you lease, so that would be the trade off. But not sure.
Really? I don't think so. You can lease it for two months and then just buy it. I'm going to check with Lucid for myself and I can post it here. But, in every lease I had a buyout amount that was calculated by adding up the payments left in the lease and the residential value.

Really? I don't think so. You can lease it for two months and then just buy it. I'm going to check with Lucid for myself and I can post it here. But, in every lease I had a buyout amount that was calculated by adding up the payments left in the lease and the residential value.

That would be interesting to know for sure. This is the discount I was referring to, since it says the $11,900 credit is only if paying with cash and loan.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 9.29.15 AM.png

Back