Leasing is the way to go for the specials - 0% and you can buy the car at the end for less than purchasing

par11768

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure All Wheel Drive
Ordered the Pure with the Lease special. It is a no brainer. The interest rate is 0%. Went through the lease with BofA and understand the numbers. You can specify the down payment on the Lucid side and BofA runs with what you set up. The way the numbers work,(excluding the leasing fee of $995, registration/title/plates/doc/handling for me $421 and sales tax), the sum of the monthly payments plus your down payment plus the Residual Value equals the price of the car (plus delivery) less the $7500 EV credit. For me the RV was 43502, In NY, BofA bundles all of the fees and taxes into the lease so the monthly payment goes up but it is just the sum of these items divided by the term because there is no interest on the lease.

With the lease, if you purchase the car at the end, you are buying the car for the list price less the $7500 EV credit which you cannot get if you purchase outright. The lease also gives you a hedge if the company runs into financial issues because you can turn the car in at the end. The lease also lets you keep you money invested if you were to just purchase the car outright.

Ordered the Pure with the Lease special. It is a no brainer. The interest rate is 0%. Went through the lease with BofA and understand the numbers. You can specify the down payment on the Lucid side and BofA runs with what you set up. The way the numbers work,(excluding the leasing fee of $995, registration/title/plates/doc/handling for me $421 and sales tax), the sum of the monthly payments plus your down payment plus the Residual Value equals the price of the car (plus delivery) less the $7500 EV credit. For me the RV was 43502, In NY, BofA bundles all of the fees and taxes into the lease so the monthly payment goes up but it is just the sum of these items divided by the term because there is no interest on the lease.

With the lease, if you purchase the car at the end, you are buying the car for the list price less the $7500 EV credit which you cannot get if you purchase outright. The lease also gives you a hedge if the company runs into financial issues because you can turn the car in at the end. The lease also lets you keep you money invested if you were to just purchase the car outright.
If you lease the car, you won't be able to get the DDP or SSP package included. If you're a RWD reservation holder, you get the upgrade to AWD. I'm a RWD reservation holder and I was able to get all the upgrade for the price of RWD. I don't know if there is any DDP available anymore because I didn't see any on the website.

I was planning on doing this as well to get the $7500 discount but the free DDP and SSP offer is too enticing.

It seems it cannot be combined with the lease offer but I do intend to go over it with BofA when I get to that stage to see if there's any hope there

The special pricing only applies to inventory cars and there are no pure cars with DDP but there are cars with SSP available.

I had a RWD reservation as well and originally opted for a lease based on the points you listed. However, the offer to upgrade to AWD and secure DDP and SSP for free was too good to pass up. I pulled the trigger to buy - it's a great deal. Will Lucid survive? Tough to say! I figured with Saudi PIF support they have a long runway to sort things out.

With their $5 billion investment, the Saudis now own 60% of Lucid. They'll probably spend more signing soccer players/their doomed soccer league than on Lucid. Lucid tech is good enough that even if they don't survive someone will snap it up.

Counting down to delivery!

I'm one of those who snatched up a DDP inventory car as soon as the offer started 😁

I was supposed to pick mine up on Sunday in Costa Mesa but the hurricane coming so I had to reschedule. I ask if they can deliver to my house instead and the DA is looking for a transport company to ship my car from Costa Mesa to San Diego. It's about 100 miles.

I had a RWD reservation as well and originally opted for a lease based on the points you listed. However, the offer to upgrade to AWD and secure DDP and SSP for free was too good to pass up. I pulled the trigger to buy - it's a great deal. Will Lucid survive? Tough to say! I figured with Saudi PIF support they have a long runway to sort things out.

With their $5 billion investment, the Saudis now own 60% of Lucid. They'll probably spend more signing soccer players/their doomed soccer league than on Lucid. Lucid tech is good enough that even if they don't survive someone will snap it up.

Counting down to delivery!
Let me explain why Lucid will survive and eventually thrive....

1. Don't listen to tesla fanboys influencers, they want Lucid to fail
2. Lucid has the best performing EV tech...no one, not even Tesla can beat the tech that Lucid has. When the whole automobile industry is switching to EV, that is a big plus
3. The AIR is their first car...and it has raving reviews! Even die hard Tesa fans think the car is amazing....only downside is expense. Think of the expertise needed to build their first car which became the World Car of the Year
4. SUV is what saved Porsche, Jaguar ( so far ), Lamborghini and even Ferrari had to make one to survive. Gravity SUV coming next year.
5. Majority of population have never seen a lucid or heard of Lucid. EVEN IN PHOENIX!
6. Lucid expanding to China, Middle East sales coming soon. The Saudi GOV has committed to 50k and possibly 100k cars. Lucid will dominate the Middle East luxury EV market.
7. PIF support obviously. Saudi wants to diversify, the missed the Tesla growth. Think they will make the same mistake twice?? NO WAY!
8. Saudi will not sell Lucid to anyone. Wy would they? They want a factory in Saudi and they want to make that a huge EV hub. Also, want to keep the company American- good for advertising and adds value to the company.
9. As economy improves, interest rates come down, recession fears dissapear , the rich will feel more comfortable spending on a 100k car. 2024 is just around the corner!

Saudi can spend on Soccer players and Lucid- they have billions in their coffers. ARAMCO made 150 billion profit last year!!!

Hope you now understand what Lucid really means to the Saudi's. Its not a toy they throw away when bored, they are damn serious about making Lucid a success.

Enjoy the car, its the best I ever ownded and worth every cent. Good things don't come cheap!!

Let me explain why Lucid will survive and eventually thrive....

1. Don't listen to tesla fanboys influencers, they want Lucid to fail
2. Lucid has the best performing EV tech...no one, not even Tesla can beat the tech that Lucid has. When the whole automobile industry is switching to EV, that is a big plus
3. The AIR is their first car...and it has raving reviews! Even die hard Tesa fans think the car is amazing....only downside is expense. Think of the expertise needed to build their first car which became the World Car of the Year
4. SUV is what saved Porsche, Jaguar ( so far ), Lamborghini and even Ferrari had to make one to survive. Gravity SUV coming next year.
5. Majority of population have never seen a lucid or heard of Lucid. EVEN IN PHOENIX!
6. Lucid expanding to China, Middle East sales coming soon. The Saudi GOV has committed to 50k and possibly 100k cars. Lucid will dominate the Middle East luxury EV market.
7. PIF support obviously. Saudi wants to diversify, the missed the Tesla growth. Think they will make the same mistake twice?? NO WAY!
8. Saudi will not sell Lucid to anyone. Wy would they? They want a factory in Saudi and they want to make that a huge EV hub. Also, want to keep the company American- good for advertising and adds value to the company.
9. As economy improves, interest rates come down, recession fears dissapear , the rich will feel more comfortable spending on a 100k car. 2024 is just around the corner!

Saudi can spend on Soccer players and Lucid- they have billions in their coffers. ARAMCO made 150 billion profit last year!!!

Hope you now understand what Lucid really means to the Saudi's. Its not a toy they throw away when bored, they are damn serious about making Lucid a success.

Enjoy the car, its the best I ever ownded and worth every cent. Good things don't come cheap!!

Can we please, for the love of everything that's good in the universe, stop making every thread about Tesla? Seriously. It's so annoying.

The special pricing only applies to inventory cars and there are no pure cars with DDP but there are cars with SSP available.
What shows up on the website are not the only inventory cars available. My car came with everything but did not show up on the website. For me the clear choice was an outright purchase to get the goodies.

Hello,

New member here. I couldn't find the 0% apr offer that you mention. can you please elaborate on that?

Hello,

New member here. I couldn't find the 0% apr offer that you mention. can you please elaborate on that?
I spoke with Lucid Finance for my Pure order. The interest rate on the lease is 0%. Playing with the online calculator I do not think the interest rate is 0% on the Touring or Grand Touring.

Can we please, for the love of everything that's good in the universe, stop making every thread about Tesla? Seriously. It's so annoying.
That was one line where I mentioned Tesla- so you dont want Tesla mentioned at all???? Completely ban any reference to Tesla in any form or context???

That was one line where I mentioned Tesla- so you dont want Tesla mentioned at all???? Completely ban any reference to Tesla in any form or context???

My guess about the annoying part is about missing out on the growth stock that reminds of the effort to belittle Warren Buffett as well:

Warren Buffett is the fifth richest man so there's no need for lecturing about missing out on that specific growth stock.

My guess about the annoying part is about missing out on the growth stock that reminds of the effort to belittle Warren Buffett as well:

Warren Buffett is the fifth richest man so there's no need for lecturing about missing out on that specific growth stock.
I know it’s going to be hard for some to understand this, but the vast majority of people who come to a Lucid forum come here to talk about Lucid. They don’t give a flying rat turd about other companies and their CEOs.

The occasional comparison when it’s actually relevant, sure. But can’t we just have a discussion about leasing a LUCID that actually just involves talking about—I don’t know—leasing a LUCID? Is that a crazy request?

There are tens of thousands of other sites, and even an entire section on this site where you can talk about that guy and his EVs until you get your jollies off. Heck, he owns one of them.

All I’m asking is that you stop with the constantly bringing up completely irrelevant connections just for the sake of polluting our discussion yet again in that direction. We get it. You don’t like him. You don’t like his cars. Neither do I. Who cares? Or you do like him and do like his cars. Again. No one on Lucid forum cares.

Ask yourself this: if I were considering leasing a Lucid, and I wanted to get some information about whether that was a good idea, how in the world is a post about Elon going to help me make that decision?

I spoke with Lucid Finance for my Pure order. The interest rate on the lease is 0%. Playing with the online calculator I do not think the interest rate is 0% on the Touring or Grand Touring.
It is zero on the grand touring. One of the reasons I made the decision was $140,000 interest free loan being too good to pass up

It is zero on the grand touring. One of the reasons I made the decision was $140,000 interest free loan being too good to pass up
Very interesting! So your buyout is essentially MSRP, less $7500, less the payments you've made?

I know it’s going to be hard for some to understand this, but the vast majority of people who come to a Lucid forum come here to talk about Lucid. They don’t give a flying rat turd about other companies and their CEOs.

The occasional comparison when it’s actually relevant, sure. But can’t we just have a discussion about leasing a LUCID that actually just involves talking about—I don’t know—leasing a LUCID? Is that a crazy request?

There are tens of thousands of other sites, and even an entire section on this site where you can talk about that guy and his EVs until you get your jollies off. Heck, he owns one of them.

All I’m asking is that you stop with the constantly bringing up completely irrelevant connections just for the sake of polluting our discussion yet again in that direction. We get it. You don’t like him. You don’t like his cars. Neither do I. Who cares? Or you do like him and do like his cars. Again. No one on Lucid forum cares.

Ask yourself this: if I were considering leasing a Lucid, and I wanted to get some information about whether that was a good idea, how in the world is a post about Elon going to help me make that decision?
I was replying to the commenter who was suggesting Lucid will go bankrupt. Why should I not respond if I disagree with that notion? I was Illustrating why some people may feel that may happen- the constant anti-Lucid propaganda o twitter, youtube from t#%$ etc. I'm a big supporter of Lucid and and don't see anything wrong in bringing that up! There was ONE LINE where I mentioned it out of the 15 or so lines that I wrote. Why that is an issue, I find it hard to understand.

I'm ending my discussion on this issue right here. I stand by my post. You don't need to respond.

Very interesting! So your buyout is essentially MSRP, less $7500, less the payments you've made?
Yep! Once you account for lease initiation fees, taxes, registration, etc. but essentially I’m paying only for the forecast depreciation of the asset over the period.

I was replying to the commenter who was suggesting Lucid will go bankrupt. Why should I not respond if I disagree with that notion? I was Illustrating why some people may feel that may happen- the constant anti-Lucid propaganda o twitter, youtube from t#%$ etc. I'm a big supporter of Lucid and and don't see anything wrong in bringing that up! There was ONE LINE where I mentioned it out of the 15 or so lines that I wrote. Why that is an issue, I find it hard to understand.

I'm ending my discussion on this issue right here. I stand by my post. You don't need to respond.
8 out of your last 20 posts mention Tesla or some Tesla related product. That’s nearly half your posts.

You don’t have to understand. You just have to stop.

Back