End of Year Deliveries and 2022 payment

Mark_in_MA

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
A little background first and then the question...

Back in mid-November I was approached by a Lucid HQ Sales Advisor that I could receive my Lucid Air Touring by year end if I added Dream Drive pro to the configuration. In order to qualify for the $7,500 tax credit I decided to do it. Also changed the 20 inch summer tires to 19 inch all seasons. Didn't really feel like taking delivery of the car in snow with summer tires and having to immediately get them changed. I stressed that I was only proceeding with this configuration if I could have the car by the end of the year. I wasn't looking for DD Pro, kind of wanted stealth and wanted the 20's. The sales advisor said if it isn't ready by the end of the year that I could go back to my normal config.

There are 10 days left in December now. My car just got out of production and I signed the Docusign purchase agreement. Apparently the cars go from Arizona to Chicago for prep and then on to the Northeast. My DA is saying early to late next week for delivery. December 26th - December 30. I have some concerns whether Lucid is going to hit that timeline. Plus as they are not registered as a dealer in Massachusetts there is some additional work on my part to get the car registered. The Lucid portal now has an option to initiate payment. Do I start the wire transfer and pay for the majority of the car now? If it comes January 1st, I would have to refuse delivery and try to get my money back and respec the car the way I wanted. Alternatively do I try to go the cashiers check route and say that I will pay when it's at my local showroom before December 30rd. Not really sure that Lucid will play ball.

Any thoughts in relation to your experiences with paying via wire transfer vs cashiers check?

Thanks
Mark

Back in mid-November I was approached by a Lucid HQ Sales Advisor that I could receive my Lucid Air Touring by year end if I added Dream Drive pro to the configuration. In order to qualify for the $7,500 tax credit I decided to do it. Also changed the 20 inch summer tires to 19 inch all seasons. Didn't really feel like taking delivery of the car in snow with summer tires and having to immediately get them changed. I stressed that I was only proceeding with this configuration if I could have the car by the end of the year. I wasn't looking for DD Pro, kind of wanted stealth and wanted the 20's. The sales advisor said if it isn't ready by the end of the year that I could go back to my normal config.

There are 10 days left in December now. My car just got out of production and I signed the Docusign purchase agreement. Apparently the cars go from Arizona to Chicago for prep and then on to the Northeast. My DA is saying early to late next week for delivery. December 26th - December 30. I have some concerns whether Lucid is going to hit that timeline. Plus as they are not registered as a dealer in Massachusetts there is some additional work on my part to get the car registered. The Lucid portal now has an option to initiate payment. Do I start the wire transfer and pay for the majority of the car now? If it comes January 1st, I would have to refuse delivery and try to get my money back and respec the car the way I wanted. Alternatively do I try to go the cashiers check route and say that I will pay when it's at my local showroom before December 30rd. Not really sure that Lucid will play ball.

Any thoughts in relation to your experiences with paying via wire transfer vs cashiers check?

Thanks
Mark
I actually paid via the ACH method and my DA was able to see that pretty quickly. Had offered to do wire knowing it would settle same day but my DA said they see ACH quicker even though it doesn’t clear for several days after that (strange but he did confirm within 30 minutes of me hitting send that he saw payment). I didn’t arrange payment (and was advised not to) until i had a firm delivery date. Just keep pressing for delivery date every day. Hope you get it before year end!

Thanks
Mark
I paid via ACH using whatever tool they have on their site. It was all pretty straightforward - sent money at midnight or so - it was there in the morning. I didn't do it until it was at the service center getting prepped. I'm in NE Texas, the closest service center is in Houston. They rail ship from AZ to Houston, then enclosed trailer to Plano for distribution in N Texas. However, I'm 80+ miles from Plano so they just dropped the car at my house and I did a virtual walk-thru via FaceTime. Time between AZ and my house was less than a week. I think 2 days to Houston, in Houston for 2 days and then here.
This is all, of course, a personal decision. But it's a great car with some minor software issues :). Hopefully those will be addressed. They just added SXM - so there's that!

@Mark_in_MA I am also in a state where Lucid is not registered as a dealer and I am waiting for delivery this week. My DA said generally they can see ACH same day and can deliver the car even if the ACH is not fully cleared, but since Lucid is not a registered dealer in my state, I was advised to do ACH atleast 48 hours before the delivery date as the ACH needs to clear for the delivery to take place.

@Mark_in_MA I am also in a state where Lucid is not registered as a dealer and I am waiting for delivery this week. My DA said generally they can see ACH same day and can deliver the car even if the ACH is not fully cleared, but since Lucid is not a registered dealer in my state, I was advised to do ACH atleast 48 hours before the delivery date as the ACH needs to clear for the delivery to take place.
Thanks @ikonos. I did the ACH transfer. The money came out of my account the next day but showed as a pending payment for several days on the Lucid portal. I also financed a small portion of the car using my local credit union. Lucid had be Fedex the check. As you said, they wanted to wait till it cleared before delivering the car to me. Looks like I will be able to take delivery of it today. However as Lucid has not sent me the required form I need to register the car yet, I had to sign the waiver and it’s just going to get dropped off at my house.

Hope you get your car in the next couple of days!

Thanks @ikonos. I did the ACH transfer. The money came out of my account the next day but showed as a pending payment for several days on the Lucid portal. I also financed a small portion of the car using my local credit union. Lucid had be Fedex the check. As you said, they wanted to wait till it cleared before delivering the car to me. Looks like I will be able to take delivery of it today. However as Lucid has not sent me the required form I need to register the car yet, I had to sign the waiver and it’s just going to get dropped off at my house.

Hope you get your car in the next couple of days!
FYI - the "make payment" or "payment required" screens seem to remain on the website for a long time - well after delivery for me. There must be some sort of disconnect between their online system and reality.

I am having a similar experience. I was told the car was in California and getting ready for delivery and was "invited to pay" which I did. That was December 22. I have not heard from my service advisor since then and she isn't responding to e mails. Do I lose the 7500 tax credit if it isn't delivered this year? I am really annoyed because I sold my Tesla Model X at a big discount in order to make sure I had room for it.

I am having a similar experience. I was told the car was in California and getting ready for delivery and was "invited to pay" which I did. That was December 22. I have not heard from my service advisor since then and she isn't responding to e mails. Do I lose the 7500 tax credit if it isn't delivered this year? I am really annoyed because I sold my Tesla Model X at a big discount in order to make sure I had room for it.
I think by service advisor you might mean sales advisor? Have you talked to a delivery advisory? Have you contacted customer service?

Finally picked it up. Now I just have to figure out how to activate Traffic Jam Assist ( assuming it exists). Any suggestions?

Back