[RESOLVED] Does your front footwell woofer work properly?

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
Right now, he’s THE local San Diego area mobile tech. Both in number (only one), and in service quality (top notch), Frank is the number one guy. We San Diego people are extremely fortunate to have him.
I offered to be his apprentice. Unfortunately I have no training or expertise.

Weighing in here with some info. This thread was TL;DR so I may be repeating what others have noted before.
  1. There are two subs in the front. They utilize cavities in the body of the car as their enclosure and have a small diameter / high-Xmax sub (unsure of the size or specs).
  2. Their duties are primarily for the mid-bass region, somewhere between 50-100hz.
  3. There is one sub in the rear, set up for lower range response between 30-60hz.
  4. The original DSP EQ had a lot more response out of the front subs vs. the rear one (which is set up for lower range duties) from my testing a while back as @bunnylebowski noted.
  5. Pre-2.0, when you cranked the bass EQ these front drivers would get overworked and muddy, possible even hitting max excursion. This was especially prevalent at higher volumes or more dynamically challenged tracks.
  6. After 2.0, I've not noticed this come up any longer and the bass has sounded much better. Some of my favorite tracks that used to overtax the system now are much cleaner.
  7. That said the lowest ranges are still not as prevalent as I'd like. Tracks like My Blood by Twenty One Pilots have some really neat lower hits, and those are almost entirely missed in the system. This is not a dealbreaker, just the result of a stereo that prioritizes clarity and sound staging over raw dynamics.
As @ARamsdale noted:

Exactly this. They made a set of tradeoffs to prioritize that experience over just thumping along with the treble ringing in your ears while your chest shakes. Frankly, I'm glad they did.

I've got over 11,500 miles on my car so far. At no point have I said "this stereo makes me regret my purchase" and I'm still a Very Happy Lucid Owner. :)
Where in the front are the 2 midbass drivers installed?

footwells, up behind and to the sides of the bottom of the dash.

footwells, up behind and to the sides of the bottom of the dash.
If it’s not too much to ask…whenever u have time..take a pic…I plan to upgrade the stereo system because I opted not to get the SSPRO…🙏🏼

I find it very odd they have the midwoofer mounted behind the carpet….

It’s not really behind carpet, it’s more above it vertically.

And my left one is on order for replacement.
I kept complaining about the bass not being too great in my Lucid Air. I hear the bass from the subwoofer above the trunk, which has a small enclosure, but not in the footwell. Maybe that is why I do not like the bass in my car, and I feel something is missing..Should I reset the car? How can I access this footwell sub, are there two or just one subs buried into the floor?

1. Do a keycard reset
2. There are no subwoofers in the footwells, but there are 8” (?) woofers. Access is possible but very difficult. You can repeat the procedure noted earlier in this thread to see if yours are operating correctly.

My Lucid tech has confirmed that there is now an official bulletin on this issue. I don't have the exact bulletin number, but this is how it was written up in my service doc:

Concern: Customer states speaker issue.
Cause: The fabric tape covering up the holes on the body are acting like a speaker diaphragm.
Corrections: Remove the fabric tape from the body and replace it with a low-density butyl pad.

Labor was listed for both A-Pillars, and specifically the TSB-B1122-001-01 Lower A-pillar Door Access Holes - NVH Rework (Both Sides)

My Lucid tech has confirmed that there is now an official bulletin on this issue. I don't have the exact bulletin number, but this is how it was written up in my service doc:

Cause: The fabric tape covering up the holes on the body are acting like a speaker diaphragm.
Corrections: Remove the fabric tape from the body and replace it with a low-density butyl pad.

Labor was listed for both A-Pillars, and specifically the TSB-B1122-001-01 Lower A-pillar Door Access Holes - NVH Rework (Both Sides)
This is exactly what was done to my car and it sounded a heck of a lot better afterwards.

My local service center in Torrance refused to do this fix. They said it is not a “Lucid approved“ repair. I even sent them the link to this forum post. Regardless, I fixed it myself. Now the bass sounds much better, tighter. It’s amazing what a little piece of tape can do.

My local service center in Torrance refused to do this fix. They said it is not a “Lucid approved“ repair. I even sent them the link to this forum post. Regardless, I fixed it myself. Now the bass sounds much better, tighter. It’s amazing what a little piece of tape can do.
Seriously? That disappointing to hear. I’m glad you were able to solve it yourself.

It’s not hard to do since the car was in the service center to fix a water ingress anyway. It would have taken a Lucid tech 10 minutes max. Disappointing. Thanks to this forum I knew how to fix it. Very much appreciated.
Btw, I also added A subwoofer in the sub trunk. Now the sound is incredible, even better than my Tesla and even my Rivian.

@Bobby showed me that there's a Subwoofer in the driver side footwell. Mine doesn't seem to work, even after a reset.

1. Please play "Counting Crows - Big Yellow Taxi" on Tidal. Youtube reference -
2. Set the volume to 50%.
3. Put your hand or ear on the little leather panel next to the dead pedal
4. Do you feel the Subwoofer working?

Side note - the speakers in the rear seat sound...surreal. First time I tried sitting back there.
How did you determine that there is a subwoofer in the footwell? I only know of one subwoofer location. Rear trunk panel.

How did you determine that there is a subwoofer in the footwell? I only know of one subwoofer location. Rear trunk panel.
There is a woofer, not subwoofer, and each foot well.

Back