RESOLVED Does your front footwell woofer work properly? TSB-B1122-001

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
I have a 2024 and I definitely had a "blown speaker" sound coming from the front left of the car when I cranked my music, usually EDM. I had mobile service come out and remove and re-attach the drivers door card, and isolate some of the wiring on the back of it. This helped somewhat but did not solve it.

I had the car back at the service center and they seemed to have fixed it. I am guessing they might have repaired the woofer.
Read back on the thread. Typically the speaker itself is fine and the problem is some fabric tape.

I just brought my car in and they addressed another service advisory that sounds related to this one:

Job: 2 TSC-B0824-001-01 Lower A-Pillar Speaker Distortion
Cause: The fabric tape covering the body holes in the lower A-pillar region is susceptible to vibration and flutter, acting as an unintended diaphragm and
reducing audio quality.
Corrections: Removed the fabric tape from both lower A-pillar body holes and replaced it with a butyl damping tape patch. Verified no distortion.

I didn't ask them to do that, they did it proactively. Might be because I had this problem with the woofer previously. Has anyone else had this job done on their car?

Yes, they did that for me during the last service appointment. No difference in sound in my car; the sound has been consistently stellar.

I didn't notice a change from before to after the TSB either. I think all that means is that my OG fabric tape was still holding on well. The car has always sounded great, though for me, it's not all about that bass.

Back