[RESOLVED] Does your front footwell woofer work properly?

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
This is going to generate a ton of tickets. They’ve added checking my footwell subs to an existing ticket. Played the tones on Spotify and didn’t hear them
Ok yeah either your subwoofer is dead or the amplifier connection to it isn’t functional.

OK, one of you guys need to take your car apart, and create a schematic of where all the speakers are and their sizes. It’s just a matter of time before somebody’s gonna start modifying their stereo system. Or maybe one of you experts already has such a schematic?

OK, one of you guys need to take your car apart, and create a schematic of where all the speakers are and their sizes. It’s just a matter of time before somebody’s gonna start modifying their stereo system. Or maybe one of you experts already has such a schematic?
You first.

I seem to remember a Lucid pre-release promo video about Surreal Sound that had a rendering which showed the speaker locations. I’ll see if I can hunt it down.

For anyone that wants to test, here are the steps that I should have used from the get-go:

1. Set up a playlist in Spotify or Tidal (non-atmos) of Bunker Analog "Test Your Car Speakers" or other albums with Bass Test. Rockford Fosgate 40hz 0db
2. Do what @bunnylebowski wrote about setting the volume - this was my mistake, I didn't set mine high enough. You don't need to do a db check, just set your volume to 3/4 or 4/5 max.
3. The reason for non-atmos is so you can use your balance control to move everything to front left or right so you are only hearing/feeling that one. You can also move it to center back to check out the main back sub but you might get more than the sub playing depending your sound selection.

I couldn't detect the front subs at my normal listening volume. Isolating to the front corners and turning up the volume, I could hear/feel them. My driver's side has a vibration, something is getting vibrated/rattled. Passenger side seems a little weaker and no unusual sounds.

For anyone that wants to test, here are the steps that I should have used from the get-go:

1. Set up a playlist in Spotify or Tidal (non-atmos) of Bunker Analog "Test Your Car Speakers" or other albums with Bass Test. Rockford Fosgate 40hz 0db
2. Do what @bunnylebowski wrote about setting the volume - this was my mistake, I didn't set mine high enough. You don't need to do a db check, just set your volume to 3/4 or 4/5 max.
3. The reason for non-atmos is so you can use your balance control to move everything to front left or right so you are only hearing/feeling that one. You can also move it to center back to check out the main back sub but you might get more than the sub playing depending your sound selection.

I couldn't detect the front subs at my normal listening volume. Isolating to the front corners and turning up the volume, I could hear/feel them. My driver's side has a vibration, something is getting vibrated/rattled. Passenger side seems a little weaker and no unusual sounds.
That’s interesting, I hadn’t thought to try panning around the 40hz tone but that would help isolate the issue somewhat. It’s extremely unlikely any of the non-subwoofer speakers could play frequencies that low, the crossover for the sub would
probably cut everything off below 80-120hz for the main speakers, so 40hz should be close to a pure subwoofer-only signal?

ok so went tidal search for woofer test found 3 tracks got a spl meter for my phone ran the track and wow nada if there are woofers beside under the dash i can not hear them test where ok but the system seems to be sound field dash up no surround feeling like most car systems

meter says nothing from the walls of the well

so no thudding by my feet sound system not super none immersive ...the drive is sweet

That’s interesting, I hadn’t thought to try panning around the 40hz tone but that would help isolate the issue somewhat. It’s extremely unlikely any of the non-subwoofer speakers could play frequencies that low, the crossover for the sub would
probably cut everything off below 80-120hz for the main speakers, so 40hz should be close to a pure subwoofer-only signal?
Did this. Can definitely hear all areas and the “bad” one sounds ok at 40Hz. I’ll try a 0-60 ride to see if I can isolate the frequency where it sounds bad.

ok so went tidal search for woofer test found 3 tracks got a spl meter for my phone ran the track and wow nada if there are woofers beside under the dash i can not hear them test where ok but the system seems to be sound field dash up no surround feeling like most car systems

meter says nothing from the walls of the well

so no thudding by my feet sound system not super none immersive ...the drive is sweet
Ok play a pink noise track at 70% volume and see if you can figure out which speakers that you can see aren’t playing (move the sound position control to help localize if you need). But yeah if your volume is correct and you played the 40hz track and heard nothing than definite text Lucid service. I ran the test tones on @martinmeyer car today, and while his frequency response/volume was close to identical to my car, the low frequency (40hz) did make a rattle somewhere in the car but we didn’t have time to isolate where.

I played the counting crows big yellow taxi track. I could hear the bass although I wouldn’t consider it overwhelming in the foot well not like some cars I’ve owned. Maybe it’s a bit more sublime on the Atmos system. I know it’s a very clean sounding system however.

I played the counting crows big yellow taxi track. I could hear the bass although I wouldn’t consider it overwhelming in the foot well not like some cars I’ve owned. Maybe it’s a bit more sublime on the Atmos system. I know it’s a very clean sounding system however.
I agree it's a very streamlined system but there's definitely no response of Base in the lower Wells all the sound seems to be in the dashboard and firing upward maybe someone needs to get a real eyeball on it what the heck we're looking for if it even exists anyone who gets a woofer repaired or something a photograph would help but so far I don't see any subs located below the dashboard

I just took a long drive, after getting up to date on all the software.
I played a variety of tracks and everything sounded spot on to me , with adequate bass in both tidal master and Atmos. I could feel a moderate thud coming from the footwell, when I placed my hand . Nothing crazy , but definitely noticeable. Maybe I am imaging it, but things sound good after all those updates, perhaps because Tidal only cut out once. My observation is that you have to turn up the volume a bit to really get prominent bass. I played a ton of Dire Straits, and it sounded absolutely fantastic with each note resonating throughout the car. I really think the system should leave a very good impression, if not , there is likely something wrong.

Just thought I would toss this up here also after 2.0.24 need to factory reset the car since display stopped working and audio is much better but still after inspection could not find any woofers in side panels in the well they seem to be in the dash unit ?

Following up on this. My front subs are working and likely have been working this whole time. I presume it is working for most of us 😅

They're located on the walls of the footwells. This is my driver side sub.
I could feel it thumping nicely when I put my head down there and physically touched it.

1668124917999.jpeg

Following up on this. My front subs are working and likely have been working this whole time. I presume it is working for most of us 😅

I could feel it thumping nicely when I put my head down there and physically touched it.

View attachment 6554
And my left one is on order for replacement.

It’s very odd to have a speaker buried without access to being able to push air.

View attachment 6554
Is that downward firing?

Back