[RESOLVED] Does your front footwell woofer work properly?

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
I have this same issue on a brand new 2024 Touring. Sounds like the woofer is bottoming out. Nowhere near as bad as Bobby’s but annoying enough for me to get this fixed.

Went to Lowe’s and got the butyl tape. Will update you all on how the fix goes, it seems relatively straightforward in my car. Kick panel comes off easily and I can see the tape that needs to be replaced. Did not need to take off the door seals or anything like that. I think this problem is far more pronounced on the driver side so only fixing that side for now.
Looking forward to seeing how this goes for you. On my new 2024 Touring,I notice only a tiny muddiness in the driver footwell. Might try butyl tape myself but only if it’s straightforward. Thanks in advance for any pictures you can take of the process.

Just finished the install. Took about 5-10 mins. Would have gone faster if I had another person to hold the carpet for me while I put the tape in.

And the verdict…..no more bottoming out bass and thwomping noises! Nice and clean, how it should be. Now is the bass perfect? No, imo it’s still a little boomy and could extend lower IMO but this is now acceptable.

Just had the Dynamat tape applied to both footwells and yeah there is very much a difference between before and after. Before it sounded like the woofer was what I call "Bottoming out" where it sounded like too much power was being applied. After, the sound is so much "richer/warmer". Well worth having this fix done. Oh, and he also fixed the creaking steering wheel so double bonus!
i know the creek isnt part of this thread, but mind sending me a DM on how you fixed it?

Happy to say I had the Roswell Service Center perform Bobby's fix on my front two footwell woofers.
Everything sounds as it should now. The footwell tape on both had come off but now they are butyl taped in place.

Happy to say that my service center also handled this for me today. My driver’s side tape had come loose and so they repaired both footwells with Dynamat. Bass is now clean!

Back