[RESOLVED] Does your front footwell woofer work properly?

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
What do they have to do? Franklin-the guy Lucid sent, did not know
So is not supposed to sound "blown" like that-I assume. I am in Atlanta, no service center, they sent a guy here

So is not supposed to sound "blown" like that-I assume. I am in Atlanta, no service center, they sent a guy here
Please read this thread in its entirety.

The speaker is definitely not blown….Just have someone pull the kick and foot plate and add a small piece of dynamat over the 2 holes by the kickpanels and the problem will be solved 😊 .I posted a pic earlier in this thread.

My touring sound was pretty good, but decided to see if there is any further improvement by installing the dynamat. I noticed the holes are covered by a black duck tape which would flex while playing music. I installed the dynamat tape and the sound improvement is noticeable. I definitely recommend other owners to do so if you haven’t done it yet. It’s an easy fix with noticeable improvement.

I tried to do the same fix in the passenger side but it is too tight. I managed to put a small piece of dynamat tape over the existing black tape since access was limited.

I don’t think you need to fix the passenger side but it would be up to you.

So my car has a massive drop off in bass performance at the 40hz mark. Barely hear anything.

They're all working as far as i could tell. Not sure why there's such a big drop off in output at the low frequencies.
I'm a bit late to this thread because when it first started, I didn't have the car and forgot about it.

So far mine is exactly the same as above. When I move the balance forward, I don't hear much out of the corner. Just a little bit. 79 db using the meter app.
Ok I got to dig deeper into some frequency tests. I don’t think the front firing speakers underneath the dash are true subwoofers but just larger woofers to extend the low frequency range in the front of the car. If you play a test tone at 30 and 35hz you’ll notice the low frequencies from the front of the car drop off noticeably but if you position the audio to the rear, where the true subwoofers are, you’ll hear it more from the rear than front. I think they have a crossover that doesn’t have a steep cutoff allowing surprisingly low frequencies to make it to the front woofers to ease the transition from low frequencies to very low frequencies. The subs themselves are impressive, I can hear them down to 25hz though they drop off pretty steeply at that point. Also you’ll notice certain test tones (for me 50hz and 100hz) will rattle the shit out of that rear sunshade if it’s in the down position. Not much you can do about that. But I think for those of you who are getting concerned listening to the front foot well for low low bass, I don’t think those speakers are true subwoofers, so there’s nothing wrong with the car and the audio is functioning as designed. Plus they don’t look like typical subwoofers in that picture, more like 6-8”woofers? If however you’re playing a 40hz tone and position it to the rear, and volume is at least 75% then you should definitely feel and hear it and if you go into the back seat while it’s positioned back there you’ll hear it enough where it might even be uncomfortable. If not then something is not connected right or is broken.
So does this mean from previously in the thread was just a misunderstanding and it's normal what I'm experiencing?
The speaker is definitely not blown….Just have someone pull the kick and foot plate and add a small piece of dynamat over the 2 holes by the kickpanels and the problem will be solved 😊 .I posted a pic earlier in this thread.
Do I need to do this? Does that fix the footwell speakers?

I'm a bit late to this thread because when it first started, I didn't have the car and forgot about it.

So far mine is exactly the same as above. When I move the balance forward, I don't hear much out of the corner. Just a little bit. 79 db using the meter app.

So does this mean from previously in the thread was just a misunderstanding and it's normal what I'm experiencing?

Do I need to do this? Does that fix the footwell speakers?
There is a piece of tape over those holes that can vibrate and sound like a blown speaker. The fix in this thread is for that.

There is a piece of tape over those holes that can vibrate and sound like a blown speaker. The fix in this thread is for that.
Ah, mine doesn't sound like a blown out speaker, but instead sounds like not much is coming out of the front 2 speakers at all by the footwells when at 40hz

So I was wondering if that's normal? From the @Bunnylebowski post I quoted. It sounds like people thought it is a subwoofer there but isn't?

Ah, mine doesn't sound like a blown out speaker, but instead sounds like not much is coming out of the front 2 speakers at all by the footwells when at 40hz

So I was wondering if that's normal? From the @Bunnylebowski post I quoted. It sounds like people thought it is a subwoofer there but isn't?
There’s no sub there. Woofers only.

My touring sound was pretty good, but decided to see if there is any further improvement by installing the dynamat.

So you did it yourself? Any tips on pulling the panels? Everything is so tight I can't really see how I would do that...

So you did it yourself? Any tips on pulling the panels? Everything is so tight I can't really see how I would do that...
Yes. I did it myself because service refused to do it.

First step is to remove the rubber door gaskets, then pull the panels. That’s all I did to have little bit of access to apply the dynamat.

Panels do come out without any tools by pulling on them but you need to be careful not to bend the tabs. I started from the bottom of the door then pull the footwell panel. Just remember that the tabs are mostly right angle from the panel surfaces. So just pull straight out.

I applied this fix using flex tape and duct tape… Wow! It made a huge difference! Totally fixed the bass bottoming out issue and now sounds like the audio system I expected for a $4k upgrade!

Agree. Every time I see a post claiming that the bass is lacking in this car, I wonder if that person has applied the solution I mentioned above. My car sounds completely different… Much much better, especially in the bass frequencies.

I would like to give it a try if someone could give us a step-by-step procedure I would greatly appreciate it I understand that it's behind the side kick panel is that correct so basically removing the rubber trim and then pulling straight back the panel should pop off is that correct or is there any other clips under the dashboard or things that we need to be careful about thank you very much

☝️Agree, I’ve been tempted to do it myself as well but would love some insight as to how to remove the panel and any additional details. Thanks

Super late to this thread but read every word of it and am going to try and get this done asap. The only thing I have to add is my standing ovation for Frank 👏🏼👏🏼

Super late to this thread but read every word of it and am going to try and get this done asap. The only thing I have to add is my standing ovation for Frank 👏🏼👏🏼
Be sure to let us know how the removal of the panels went for you if any suggestions please share....

Back